Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

11 minutes ago, Starless said:

How many of his incompletions were the result of his receivers either dropping a catchable ball, running a bad route, or getting out-fought for a 50/50 ball? How many times did he have pressure in his face less than 2 seconds after the snap? 

Didn’t someone just post some stats a few pages back about time to pressure and it not being faster than the league average or something?

Mahomes is the best QB in the league and will be back for sure, but the “it was everyone else’s fault” barrage since halftime last night has gotten to nauseating levels

12 minutes ago, Kirill said:

He will if we do like Seattle and don't invest high draft picks in the offensive line.

Last night was the worst offensive line to ever play in the superbowl. Fix that and we're back on top.

But you said the OL didn’t matter...

12 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Just to be clear.

I don't like the Chiefs, nor am I a fan of Mahomes. I don't even know who Kiril is or what that means.

Ppl love to hate.  But I will defend against bulls**t and extremely biased opinions trying to pass off as facts.  

Mahomes and Co. Had a bad team  bad gameplan, bad adjustments, bad coaching.  Pinning on Mahomes is super 🤡 move. 

So you give him no share of the blame? Because that's with this reads as. 

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

We get talented OT prospect Niang next season after he redshirted with the covid option + above average starting guard LDT back. That will be nice. Fisher's career is probably over with the achilles injury we will free up like 10M cutting him.

It really shouldn't be hard for us to fix the o-line though, in just one offseason. We got everyone locked up and we got enough playmakers on both sides of the ball. I see no reason why we can't afford to spend our first 3 draft picks on offensive linemen. Add 3 top picks, LDT and Niang to our offensive line and we're in the clear.

I can't think of a team that was that dominated and destroyed in a SB and who cane back and won it again. Closest I can think is Broncos like 10 years later at the end of Elway's career.

Good news ya got a Chip out of it. Bad news, you'll only get 1 chip out of it. 

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Didn’t someone just post some stats a few pages back about time to pressure and it not being faster than the league average or something?

Mahomes is the best QB in the league and will be back for sure, but the “it was everyone else’s fault” barrage since halftime last night has gotten to nauseating levels

He was under pressure the most times out of any QB in superbowl history. It just didn't seem like a big deal because this is how the offensive line looked all season. Mahomes is just so good he still went 15-1 starting every snap in his backpedal and throwing mostly off his back foot.

13 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Just to be clear.

I don't like the Chiefs, nor am I a fan of Mahomes. I don't even know who Kiril is or what that means.

Ppl love to hate.  But I will defend against bulls**t and extremely biased opinions trying to pass off as facts.  

Mahomes and Co. Had a bad team  bad gameplan, bad adjustments, bad coaching.  Pinning on Mahomes is super 🤡 move. 

I disagree pinning it on Mahomes completely, but he deserves a fair share of this loss as well. He made two highlight reel throws, one incomplete and not due to the receiver dropping it, and one that should have been an INT before his receiver dropped it.

He played a bad game but saying that is apparently sacrilege in NFL Gen

4 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

He didn't win MVP or SB. Not the best qb. Didn't lead the league in a single stat I can think of. 

12 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Nah most other QB's weren't playing behind a rotating heap of garbage bins on the offensive line all season, nor would they have gotten their team anywhere near the SB under those conditions either.

So it’s all Mahomes that got them to the SB, but everyone else’s fault they lost. 

on par

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

They do have a good chunk of FAs coming back and who know's if Brady will return? I think he'd be crazy not to and yes I imagine the Bucs would be the early favs.

Didn't he already say he was coming back? Pretty sure I remember him saying that during the trophy presentation ceremony.

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

He was under pressure the most times out of any QB in superbowl history. It just didn't seem like a big deal because this is how the offensive line looked all season. Mahomes is just so good he still went 15-1 starting every snap in his backpedal and throwing mostly off his back foot.

Win - all Mahomes

Lose - anyone but Mahomes

Honest question man, do you think Mahomes could have played better last night?

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Yes, and those two things aren't mutually exclusive at all.

The fact that you can’t admit any wrongdoing on Mahomes part is what everyone laughs at you about.

Before the game it was, OL and turf toe ain’t gonna stop the Mahomes train baby!!!”....now it’s, “well did you expect behind that OL and his injury!”