Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

You know what buddy, you're right. Imma let you have this one. Mahomes played the best 0 touchdown 2 interception game in Superbowl history. Well done him.

I don't know if you were watching the start of the game when they showed the starters for the bucs defense and the chiefs offensive line, but this was an all-time level of talent discrepancy Mahomes was working with here. You got Vita Vea, Ndamukong Suh, Barrett, Lavonte David, JPP, Devin White against a bunch of high schoolers on offensive line.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I don't know if you were watching the start of the game when they showed the starters for the bucs defense and the chiefs offensive line, but this was an all-time level of talent discrepancy Mahomes was working with here.

If Mahomes was half as good as you claim.. he would of not just done better, but done actually good.

Sounds like a system qb to me.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

If Mahomes was half as good as you claim.. he would of not just done better, but done actually good.

Sounds like a system qb to me.

Get your shots in now after the perfect storm just happened. A draft heavy in offensive line and we cruise control back to the SB.

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I don't know if you were watching the start of the game when they showed the starters for the bucs defense and the chiefs offensive line, but this was an all-time level of talent discrepancy Mahomes was working with here. You got Vita Vea, Ndamukong Suh, Barrett, Lavonte David, JPP, Devin White against a bunch of high schoolers on offensive line.

And if you were saying this on Saturday night instead of Monday morning, everyone would be saying "never mind bud, good game, good luck next season"...instead of busting your balls so bad.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LieutenantGains said:

I was told for 2 straight weeks that Mahomes was so good that he didn't even need an OL....

Basically. Now they are back tracking, just a couple weeks ago it was...”Remmers filled in just fine in the Bills game “ he should be okay with 2 weeks to prepare

6 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Get your shots in now after the perfect storm just happened. A draft heavy in offensive line and we cruise control back to the SB.

80% of my predictions are always a year early. I said 2020 Chiefs would miss the playoffs. 2021 it is. 

Herbert lit up that same defense behind the worst oline all year. 🤷

Some qbs need a system.... others ARE the system. 

24 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

If you pin on Mahomes, you are deflecting blame off everyone else.

They do NOT get a pass.  I am hardly giving Mahomes a pass.

23 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

if you read any of my previous and recent posts, then you wouldn't ask that question.

But others should not get a pass.

That's how shared blame works.  Pinning on Mahomes is asinine and it lets others off the hook.

Think of 100% you can blame.  You gunna blame 50% on him and 50% collectively on team, coaches, gameplan, not giving Bucs enough credit, etc?

Even 10% is high.

Lol

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Your performance in the superbowl is largely a reflection of the momentum you bring into it. Andy Reid is notoriously effective with an extra week to prepare but his process got a wrench thrown in it by having to deal with and worry about the Britt Reid crap. Andy Reid already has past trauma with his kids it's the last thing we needed happening right before this game and I'm sure he had some brain fog during it because he didn't call a great game.

So the Chiefs had 5-man passpro on 92% of dropbacks against one of the better front 4s in the league because....Britt Reid was in a car accident on Thursday night? That's rich.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

You know what buddy, you're right. Imma let you have this one. Mahomes played the best 0 touchdown 2 interception game in Superbowl history. Well done him.

3 INT but the Chiefs were like “nah” when it came to challenging

2 minutes ago, WideRight said:

No one that knows anything about this game thinks that Mahomes is a system quarterback.

Needs oline to play well, good run game, receivers to be open, catch everything...  i don't know sounds system dependent to me. In all seriousness. He wouldn't do CLOSEEE to what he is doing with KC on literally any other team. Anyone who thinks otherwise, doesn't know football.

Just now, childofpudding said:

So the Chiefs had 5-man passpro on 92% of dropbacks against one of the better front 4s in the league because....Britt Reid was in a car accident on Thursday night? That's rich.

Andy Reid had been calling great games to work around our garbage offensive line but this game he went brain dead mode. His head just wasn't in it.