Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

And what narrative am I attaching my opinion to? What “same obvious thing” do “people keep saying”, that I’m evidently either bucking or going along with? Genuinely curious because really no part of that second bit made any sense at all. I guess you can’t have an opinion without being either a sheep that pushes a narrative or a sheep that’s just spitting hot takes for the sake of hot takes....

I didn’t say the Chiefs lost because they coasted in the regular season, but I forgive you for misunderstanding. KC plays fast & loose (especially early), which again, you can see in their playoff run last year or in instances throughout either season. Maybe they’re just an inconsistent team, that despite the inconsistency, usually shines through? Maybe? It’s possible. But I think they’re good, talented, and smart enough not to be. 

They handily beat both the Browns and Bills, no doubt, I won’t take anything away from those performances. I never said the Chiefs *always* coast, but I forgive you for misunderstanding. As soon as they played a seasoned coach with a veteran QB, not only was Reid/Bienemy/Spags thoroughly outcoached, but the entire offense failed to get in any rhythm whatsoever. They looked like the team that hasn’t been to a SB in years, instead of TB. Yet they’re talented enough and experienced enough where that shouldn’t be the case (not just in this game, but throughout the past two seasons). 

It rang of NE getting shell shocked vs NY, they had no answer for what the Giants were giving them defensively. And I’d say the same thing - that team was too arrogant for their own good, where they had such (understandable) confidence that they weren’t prepared to be “punched in the mouth”. 

My point is overall point is that we know why the Chiefs lost yesterday. Clear as day to see why. But because like talk/debate shows there’s the need to fill time and keep the conversation going, people tend to try to overcomplicate and over explain what happened. Which is what I’m accusing you of doing. They do have a tendency to start slow sometimes which is typically down to execution. 

the offense didn’t get in rhythm because the Bucs didn’t allow them to. They controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball. Their LBs were everywhere and the Chiefs made sure not to get beat deep. Could the coaching staff had done better in helping out the o-line? Possibly but they’re coaches and they’re more informed than us so I’ll trust their judgement there. But again, the Chiefs didn’t lose because they were unprepared or cocky etc. They lost because they couldn’t protect Mahomes and the Bucs were able to control the LOS and couldn’t really stop the run. Nothing more and nothing less 

2 hours ago, Zalixar said:

Me and others giving credit to Mahomes with success?  I can't have it both ways?

How about stop generalizing?  I haven't posted on Mahomes or Chiefs like at all.

You are pressing your BS where it shouldn't belong.  You know nothing of me.

But your arguments are super fail.

Why live with all that anger?  Such a nonsensical way to live. 

I don't need to know you kid or generalize. You exposed your hand in this thread alone. I can safely project you are the same kind of casual who gives Mahomes all the credit and none of the blame.

I just saw you give him 5% blame. Talk about all time fail in having actual perspective. You don't even have arguments. Well except assigning blame to sideline negative energy. Over you know, the QB. The most critical position... who touches the ball the most.... who mustered 9 points.

Fail would be an upgrade for your argument right about now.

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I don't need to know you kid or generalize. You exposed your hand in this thread alone. I can safely project you are the same kind of casual who gives Mahomes all the credit and none of the blame.

I just saw you give him 5% blame. Talk about all time fail in having actual perspective. You don't even have arguments. Well except assigning blame to sideline negative energy. Over you know, the QB. The most critical position... who touches the ball the most.... who mustered 9 points.

Fail would be an upgrade for your argument right about now.

lmfao. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Considering the pressure he was under on every play, Mahomes honestly was incredible. The throws he made were flat-out nuts. Two touchdown passes bounced off the receivers' facemasks. He was definitely the best player on the losing team. 

This keeps getting repeated. If we are going to mention dropped completions then you should mention that one of those dropped TD passes was also a missed easy INT. 

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

I’m absolutely fine with giving Mahomes only 10% of the blame because everyone played badly.

BUT only if that means he also gets only 10% of the credit when everyone plays well.

Would certainly make ESPN more bearable.

checks out season 3 GIF by NETFLIX

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

You’re the cringey one Tom Brady fan, you and the rest of your mouth breathing Patriot Brethren

Yes I am a fan of Tom Brady and I sometime breathe from my mouth.

Now back to your cringe worthy take about Mahomes “trying to will his team to victory but his team letting him down” lol

• Like 1