Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

13 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah once you demoralize a team with penalties, the game was in the bag after that. Whole team knew they couldn’t come back down 21-9 with a patchwork OL against Tom Brady.

Mentally tough teams don't let a few penalties (all of which were valid, by the way) demoralize them. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Starless said:

A diminished performance in sub-optimal circumstances is not "choking". People use that term far too freely. 

Yea, just as bad as the Mahomes deserves no blame takes, are the Mahomes is overrated/a choke artist takes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah once you demoralize a team with penalties, the game was in the bag after that. Whole team knew they couldn’t come back down 21-9 with a patchwork OL against Tom Brady.

A 12 point deficit made the reigning SB champs wet the bed?

Yea, I’m sure it was that and not just the fact they got dominated start to finish because TB was the better team that night.

• Like 3

Self Review is the hardest thing to do but its important.

I suggest this for ref conspiracy theory bro today.

Take a deep breath and try to think objectively about the game,.

• Did Romo say on the telecast that the Chiefs are a grabby D that gets penalized a lot (he did)
  • Would you coach a DB to play that way on WRs after 5 yards so you can hope they don't get a call?
  • If there was a nefarious conspiracy to hand the game to the Bucs then why didn't they call a Ronald Jones TD in the end zone on that really close 4th down play?
    • It would be hard to reverse that TD with his helmet way in the end zone and not a really clear view of his arms.
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

Mahomes already back to work. I have no doubt he's going to multiple SBs in the short term, he's beyond impressive.

“As of today, I’m going to do whatever I can to try and look at the film and try to find ways to get better,” Mahomes said, via Charles Goldman of USAToday.com. “Obviously, with our offense and the success that we’ve had. When teams see the defensive plan that they had and how well that it worked, they’re going to try and do the same thing. [I’m going to] try to find ways to combat that and kind of the evolution of our offense. We’re going to have to do better things and be more efficient. That really goes with me and not always looking for the big play, but finding ways to move the ball down the field.”

• Like 3

After the mugging of the Bills WRs by the Chiefs secondary, the refs were probably on high alert to prevent that from happening again in the SB. Probably why some of the calls seemed a bit ticky-tacky... Refs did the right thing to keep the Chiefs honest. Not the Bucs fault the Chiefs can't cover without grabbing the WRs down the field.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Mahomes already back to work. I have no doubt he's going to multiple SBs in the short term, he's beyond impressive.

They ran a Cover 2 and dared Kansas City to run. Nothing Mahomes can do about that.

I think Tampa Bay can reach the super bowl again next year. It just depends on how well AB can fill in for Chris Godwin, whom I imagine is the odd man out. Bring Gronk back too and the offense should be similar production wise.

I’d invest heavy draft capital in the front 7 though. Lots of old guys.

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

Yea, I’m sure it was that and not just the fact they got dominated start to finish because TB was the better team that night.

They were the more physical team, too. You saw it on both sides of the ball, TB was landing every shot they took. 

The more physical team will win more often than not.

• Like 3

I woke up today .... and i still cant believe that happened last night

such a surreal feeling

hell i wasnt sure about NO or GB and definitely felt uneasy going into the game last night

but we showed up to play and did something no one saw coming

that being said, the Chiefs  will come back, they are a great team and Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL  right now 

Chiefs just need some OL and maybe a big bodied WR to compliment all those speed guys

its going to be a great offseason 😎 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I woke up today .... and i still cant believe that happened last night

such a surreal feeling

hell i wasnt sure about NO or GB and definitely felt uneasy going into the game last night

but we showed up to play and did something no one saw coming

that being said, the Chiefs  will come back, they are a great team and Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL  right now 

Chiefs just need some OL and maybe a big bodied WR to compliment all those speed guys

its going to be a great offseason 😎 

Congrats 🤜🤛