Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

They ran a Cover 2 and dared Kansas City to run. Nothing Mahomes can do about that.

I think Tampa Bay can reach the super bowl again next year. It just depends on how well AB can fill in for Chris Godwin, whom I imagine is the odd man out. Bring Gronk back too and the offense should be similar production wise.

I’d invest heavy draft capital in the front 7 though. Lots of old guys.

Don't let the SB fool you. Godwin is Brady's most trusted receiver and their best blocker. He does all for the team. He'll sign a 9 digits contract in the off season with the Bucs. If a team is desperate and offers him a QB type of money then they franchise tag him. No way he leaves.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zalixar said:

if you read any of my previous and recent posts, then you wouldn't ask that question.

But others should not get a pass.

That's how shared blame works.  Pinning on Mahomes is asinine and it lets others off the hook.

Think of 100% you can blame.  You gunna blame 50% on him and 50% collectively on team, coaches, gameplan, not giving Bucs enough credit, etc?

Even 10% is high.

Similarly stating he had absolutely nothing to do with the loss is asinine. I'll leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

My point is overall point is that we know why the Chiefs lost yesterday. Clear as day to see why. But because like talk/debate shows there’s the need to fill time and keep the conversation going, people tend to try to overcomplicate and over explain what happened. Which is what I’m accusing you of doing. They do have a tendency to start slow sometimes which is typically down to execution. 

the offense didn’t get in rhythm because the Bucs didn’t allow them to. They controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball. Their LBs were everywhere and the Chiefs made sure not to get beat deep. Could the coaching staff had done better in helping out the o-line? Possibly but they’re coaches and they’re more informed than us so I’ll trust their judgement there. But again, the Chiefs didn’t lose because they were unprepared or cocky etc. They lost because they couldn’t protect Mahomes and the Bucs were able to control the LOS and couldn’t really stop the run. Nothing more and nothing less 

Lol. Do you hear yourself? What need do any of us here have to “fill time”? It’s a forum, we post when we like to, as much or as little as we’d like to, with zero consequence.

So KC with a mix-and-match OL was given two weeks to plan for a top 5-10 defense, with a live defensive line, and then did absolutely nothing in terms of protections - and you don’t think that has anything to do with a lack of preparation? You’d have to be stupid or arrogant, and I don’t think Reid or that coaching staff is stupid. But I do know they’re inconsistent. Why else is an experienced coach with pedigree, an MVP, and a loaded offense, be inconsistent? I’m not saying that’s the case beyond a reasonable doubt - I’m saying it’s my opinion that that’s the case, based on their performances and the ability we both know they have. 

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah once you demoralize a team with penalties, the game was in the bag after that. Whole team knew they couldn’t come back down 21-9 with a patchwork OL against Tom Brady.

If this is even remotely true, then cool, we definitely didn't deserve to win.

• Like 5

On 2/7/2021 at 11:12 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I will never understand how WR's taunting people during the play is allowed, but a defender doing the same damn thing back to him After the play is suddenly a penalty....for taunting.

If anyone runs to get in someone else's face after the play it's likely to be taunting.   If it happens during play, tackle them.

On 2/7/2021 at 8:40 PM, wackywabbit said:

What does that mean? Go back and tell us the most recent SB that you are willing to say: "I think <Team> lost because of <QB>". 

Last year. Jimmy had a chance to win the game after the Chiefs took the lead and didn't.

2018: Goff was terrible.

2015: Cam didn't go after his own fumble. Played like crap all game.

20 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Congrats Bucs!

KC probably will be back next year I think. They don't have much to worry about besides Buffalo or Baltimore. I could see them being early 2000's Patriots-lite in the 2020s.

That's a little presumptive of who else might be good in the AFC next year. Nobody would have even guessed Tampa would win the SB this time last year.

Miami could trade for Watson, some QB could break out in a big way. 

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Lol. Do you hear yourself? What need do any of us here have to “fill time”? It’s a forum, we post when we like to, as much or as little as we’d like to, with zero consequence.

So KC with a mix-and-match OL was given two weeks to plan for a top 5-10 defense, with a live defensive line, and then did absolutely nothing in terms of protections - and you don’t think that has anything to do with a lack of preparation? You’d have to be stupid or arrogant, and I don’t think Reid or that coaching staff is stupid. But I do know they’re inconsistent. Why else is an experienced coach with pedigree, an MVP, and a loaded offense, be inconsistent? I’m not saying that’s the case beyond a reasonable doubt - I’m saying it’s my opinion that that’s the case, based on their performances and the ability we both know they have. 

Loool it was an example. Im not directly accusing you of “filling time” ffs. 

Exactly, the Chiefs staff aren’t stupid or incompetent. They probably have their reasons why they didn’t alter their protections. But I’m not gonna speculate. If we can see it then I’m darn sure they can. So I don’t think it’s a lack of preparation. They’re inconsistent because their execution is inconsistent. Simple. You can’t prepare for drops. You cant really prepare for pressure up the middle. As cliche as it sounds, execution is what it comes down to. The Bucs don’t have just one good rusher they have multiple so there’s only so much you can do. Chiefs were doomed from the start. Add an extra lineman, it means you have one less option in the passing game. You want keep Kelce in to block? Well then he doesn’t impact the passing game. The Chiefs o-line was grossly overmatched. So yeah they didn’t “fail to prepare”. They knew that their best shot was Mahomes creating time for himself. 

Belichick, from what we know about him at the least, is meticulous did he fail to prepare against the giants in 2007 and 2011? Of course he didn’t. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

7 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

After the mugging of the Bills WRs by the Chiefs secondary, the refs were probably on high alert to prevent that from happening again in the SB. Probably why some of the calls seemed a bit ticky-tacky... Refs did the right thing to keep the Chiefs honest. Not the Bucs fault the Chiefs can't cover without grabbing the WRs down the field.

Tampa also mugged GB receivers constantly in the NFCCG. You’d think the refs would be looking to call it on both sides...

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It was glorious to watch. I was rooting for the Chiefs last year because my buddy is a fan of them, but man- he talked so much sh** after the whooping they put on my Bills that I couldn't, in good faith, root for them this year. That + there were some cocky *** Chiefs fan on here as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

That's a little presumptive of who else might be good in the AFC next year. Nobody would have even guessed Tampa would win the SB this time last year.

Miami could trade for Watson, some QB could break out in a big way. 

It's very difficult to make 3 straight Super Bowls. Sure, the Chiefs are the smart bet right now but I wouldn't take them over the field in the AFC to make the SB. The 49ers were a safer bet to make 4 straight SBs from 87-90 but they didn't because it's the NFL and 1 game can go either way. This sport is sometimes too random to expect that. The Chiefs will be very good once again but there will be 1 or 2 other teams as you say that will be legit. The same goes for the NFC. GB, Tampa and LAR will be all good in my opinion and then you still have Seattle, SF and a couple others who will break out like Arizona maybe.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Loool it was an example. Im not directly accusing you of “filling time” ffs. 

Exactly, the Chiefs staff aren’t stupid or incompetent. They probably have their reasons why they didn’t alter their protections. But I’m not gonna speculate. If we can see it then I’m darn sure they can. So I don’t think it’s a lack of preparation. They’re inconsistent because their execution is inconsistent. Simple. You can’t prepare for drops. You cant really prepare for pressure up the middle. As cliche as it sounds, execution is what it comes down to. The Bucs don’t have just one good rusher they have multiple so there’s only so much you can do. Chiefs were doomed from the start. Add an extra lineman, it means you have one less option in the passing game. You want keep Kelce in to block? Well then he doesn’t impact the passing game. The Chiefs o-line was grossly overmatched. So yeah they didn’t “fail to prepare”. They knew that their best shot was Mahomes creating time for himself. 

Belichick, from what we know about him at the least, is meticulous did he fail to prepare against the giants in 2007 and 2011? Of course he didn’t. 

Ah gotcha, that reeeally clears things up. Here I, and I guess “people”, are pushing narratives to...”not” apparently “fill time”. It all makes so much sense. 

KC absolutely failed to prepare - they also failed to execute. A bunch of elite players failed to execute, a bunch of experienced coaches with SB pedigree failed to prepare. Those experienced coaches and elite players have a history of letting teams play them closer than they ought to. Wonder why that is? Could it be seen in Kelce or Hill’s comments? Or Watkins’? Not 5 rings? Not 7 rings? 

Don’t even blame them for having that confidence, it’s deserved, but this game was only the cherry on top, not the whole sundae.

Here’s a little morsel for everyone saying “Mahomes never had a chance, his line gave up the most pressures in SB history.”

In SB LI the Pats gave up the second most pressures in SB history. They won that game. And I’m not just being a DB here, I’m making a point. It is possible to adjust and move an offense even when the line is being bad.

There are some limitations to the Chiefs offense, and Mahomes game. They can make big plays, run good screens and scheme guys wide open, but they don’t have the ability to move the ball when that doesn’t work. This is stuff a couple of us have been saying for a while, and getting labelled “haters” for.

• Like 2