Where do the 2020 Buccaneers rank among SB Champions?

CP3MVP

7 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

2015 Broncos?

Yeah, this defense doesn’t even touch the 2015 Broncos. 

Best Defenses to win a Super Bowl in the 2000’s:

1) 2000 Ravens

2) 2002 Buccaneers

3) 2015 Broncos

4) 2013 Seahawks

5) 2008 Steelers

6) 2020 Buccaneers

7) 2003 Patriors

8 ) 2017 Eagles

9) 2016 Patriots

10) 2004 Patriots

Their defense is highly underrated but I'm not sure I can get them in the top 5 of SB teams. Offense had too many weapons not to be a 2013 Broncos/2007 Patriots. Defense while fantastic isn't quite 2015 Broncos let alone 2013 Seahawks. I have at six, last year's KC team coming back from double digit deficits in every playoff game is more impressive than simply winning all road playoff games(which isn't all that special '05 Steelers and '10 Packers were similar)

Top 6 for me in the last 15+ seasons.

15 hours ago, Jotun_Fan said:

Right when the playoffs started, how many posters here thought they'd be putting the 2020 bucs as the 2nd best (or 3rd best) team of the decade? Note: this isn't an attempt to discredit them, it's just how quickly opinions can change in a matter of weeks.

nah, I dont like this angle for an argument

It is BECAUSE OF how we got to Super Bowl LV (beating NO + GB) and BECAUSE OF how we beat KC (dominated) that opinions have changed

and that is why I think we are one of the top teams of the last decade plus

This how I see it:

1) 2013 Seahawks

2) 2020 Bucs

3) 2016 Patriots

4)2019 Chiefs

5)2015 Broncos

6)2014 Patriots

7)2018 Patriots

8) 2011 Giants

9)2017 Eagles

10)2012 Ravens

i dont think taking regular season records into account is a thing, what matters is who won it all and how hot that team was and who they beat to get there

also, 2020 Tampa is easily the best/most talented team TB12 has been a part of EXCEPT for the 2007 Pats but unfortunately they lost in 07 so I say 2020 TB takes the cake ;)  I mean im not an expert or anything just my very humble opinion 

34 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

nah, I dont like this angle for an argument

It is BECAUSE OF how we got to Super Bowl LV (beating NO + GB) and BECAUSE OF how we beat KC (dominated) that opinions have changed

and that is why I think we are one of the top teams of the last decade plus

This how I see it:

1) 2013 Seahawks

2) 2020 Bucs

3) 2016 Patriots

4)2019 Chiefs

5)2015 Broncos

6)2014 Patriots

7)2018 Patriots

😎 2011 Giants

9)2017 Eagles

10)2012 Ravens

i dont think taking regular season records into account is a thing, what matters is who won it all and how hot that team was and who they beat to get there

I mean... we're comparing them to other Super Bowl winners, so it isn't like they hold a special advantage in that regard over other teams.  They all got hot at the right time.  It only makes sense to factor in regular season performance.  

15 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I mean... we're comparing them to other Super Bowl winners, so it isn't like they hold a special advantage in that regard over other teams.  They all got hot at the right time.  It only makes sense to factor in regular season performance.  

I mean I don't think it's the main reason you should look at when ranking SB winners but not all SB paths are equal. The Chiefs last year for instance got the Texans and Titans at home. It's pretty fair to say that NO and GB on the road is quite a bit more difficult than that and those wins are more impressive.

I don't necessarily think regular season performance is the end all, especially in the case of this team. Here is a copy and paste of a Tweet from some Beatwriter:

Bruce Arians said when he and the Bucs went to New Orleans in Week 1, he and Tom Brady were having conversations like: "What the hell is that play? What does that word mean?" Gave Brady a ton of credit for learning system and being patient.

It was pretty obvious in the case of this team that it took them awhile to click due to Brady coming to a brand new team and not really having a preseason to get acclimated because of Covid. They also had Vea out of most of the season who came back for the playoffs and was one of the most important players on the defense down the stretch. They also signed AB late in the season who burned Mathieu on a pretty significant TD yesterday. 

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

2000 still seems recent to me.  I mean we're only trying to compare 20 teams here.

I think trying to compare the 2000 Ravens to a defense from this year is a lot different then comparing a defense from 2015 to a defense from this year.

There have been a lot of rule changes since 2000 that generally favor the offense.

4 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I think trying to compare the 2000 Ravens to a defense from this year is a lot different then comparing a defense from 2015 to a defense from this year.

There have been a lot of rule changes since 2000 that generally favor the offense.

I don't disagree with that at all. I personally draw a line that stops at 2006 (2007 is when the passing league really started). But not every sees it this way so I'm pissing against the wind.