2021 Super Early Predictions

SteelKing728

My only prediction:

Baker will be an MVP candidate. The entire offense will be back minus Njoku (but he was never a starter and Harrison Bryant is his replacement). He will get an actual normal offseason with Stefanski.

My only fear is the defense being so terrible that we lose games because of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

If TL gets the Jags to a winning record in year 1, he might become the best QB in the NFL. That's really tough to do even if they add good FAs. We'll see, I have the feeling Baker will play well and the Browns could be a top 3 AFC team.

I'm feeling like FA is going to be more important/bigger impact this year than any season in memory due to the salary cap situation. It's going to force more good teams to cut players and/or sit on the sidelines, and going to allow the teams with lots of cap to really make a mark in FA

I think the Jags will take advantage of that and get a bunch of really good vets and build a very solid team.

The only problem is I just noticed they play the NFC West, which sort of makes two of my predictions at conflict

AFC East: 1. Bills, 2 Pats, 3 Dolphins, 4 Jets
AFC South 1. Colts 2. Jags 3. Titans 4. Texans (without Watson, 3rd with Watson)
AFC North 1. Baltimore, 2. Browns, 3. Steelers 4. Bengals.
AFC West 1. KC 2. Chargers 3. Raiders 4. Broncos
BB makes a move to trade for Jimmy G and lands a stud wr in Chris Godwin or Allen Robinson in hopes of making another playoff contender before hanging it up only to fall short with Jimmy G going down mid season with an injury and unable to play in the playoffs. Dolphins regress as they are unable to come away with the same amount of turnovers that they did last year on defense and with Fitz moving on to another team the inability for Tua to close out games cost them an opportunity at the playoffs. 
Titans take a drastic step back while Tannehill regresses back to his Miami days due to an inept offense that was unable to make up for Arthur Smith leaving for ATL
Steelers hit a wall as age in Big Ben catches up to him even more and the lack of weapons on offense while the defense weakens with guys like Bud Dupree hitting FA. Leaving Baltimore the champs of the division with the Browns making the playoffs for the second straight year. 
KC comes up strong again as they make it 4 years in a row to the AFCCG, while Herbert takes the offense to another level giving the Chargers a playoff berth

NFC South: 1 Atlanta 2 TB 3 NOLA 4 Carolina
NFC East 1 WFT 2 Dallas 3 Philly 4 NYG
NFC West 1. Seattle 2. LAR 3. Niners 4. Arizona
NFC North 1. Packers 2. Vikes 3. Detroit 4. Chicago
Arthur Smith is able to revitalizes Matt Ryan's career like he did with Ryan Tannehill to beat out TB for the top seed in the division, while Tom Brady has a strong performance to land them another playoff berth.
Washington finds away to land their future QB to match up with their defensive line to take on another year of weak divisional play. Giants and Dallas look to find new HC in the offseason
Seattle finds away to bulk up the oline to protect Wilson while he wins the division yet again while the Rams make a strong push to get the 2nd seed.
Packers continue to do their thing in the division while the Vikings quietly sneak in to the playoffs as the 7th seed.

Bills, Pats, Colts, Ravens, Browns, Chiefs and Chargers make the AFC playoffs while Atlanta, TB, WFT, Seattle, LAR, Packers, and Vikes make the NFC playoffs.

Edited by soflbillsfan

• Stafford wins MVP. Rams go 14-2.
  • Bills win the AFC.
  • ODB is traded and jumps to being a top 5 WR again.
  • Saquon Barkley finally has his breakout season and win OPOY.
  • Devin White wins DPOY after building a name for himself in the SuperBowl.
  • Pats make a move for a rookie QB and start over, but it fails and they go 4-12 and BB retires.

• Like 1

1. New England will manufacture a Top 16 QB and beat the Rams in Super Bowl LVI.
2. San Francisco will disappoint in the NFC Championship.
3. Kansas City will lose a heart breaker in the AFC Final.
4. Buffalo, Indi, Pitt, Titans, and Ravens will make the AFC playoffs.
5. Tampa, Washington, Packers, Seattle, and Saints will make the post season.
6. Jets, Jags, Cinci, Chargers, Dallas, and Washington will improve by 3+ wins.
7. Were Denver able to find a Top 16 QB they'd improve by 3+ games, too.
8. Needless to say, the AFC will dominate.
9. Miami will regret the loss of Ryan Fitzpatrick.
10. Houston will edge out the Lions for the pole position in the 2022 draft.

• Like 1

Per division:

NFCN- Lions make the playoffs as 7th seed. Packers make the Superbowl. Chicago fires Nagy by week 8. Minnesota figures out how to move on from Cousins.

NFCS- New Orleans finishes 7-9, but they figure out the QB position towards the end of the year. In Tampa, Bruce Arians announces he'll retire at the end of the season making Byron Leftwich officially HC-in waiting while coaching a player he played against when Brady announces he'll be back for 2022, and they finish 10-6. Atlanta finishes 6-10 and move on from Matt Ryan. Carolina makes the playoffs. 

NFCE: Washington wins the division again, this time with a winning record. Dallas resigns Dak, who flops. In New York, Daniel Jones becomes a bonafide franchise QB. Philly makes the playoffs behind Jalen Hurts. 

NFCW: Only the Rams make the playoffs. Arizona flops hard. Seattle and Wilson have an ugly divorce. 49ers get stuck on the outside looking in, in need of a QB. 

AFCN: Pittsburgh ends with a losing record. Cleveland returns to the basement. Cincinnati finishes 10-6 with a playoff birth, and actually wins a playoff game. Baltimore finally finds a passing game, without Lamar Jackson. 

AFCE: Jets still finish bottom 3 in the league on offense, but eek out a 7-9 year behind a resurgent D. Pats return to the playoffs as 7th seed. Bills make a second straight AFC championship game, but come up just short. Miami continues their QB carousel despite how bizarre it is, and they miss the playoffs again because of it

AFCS: Houston parlays a Watson trade into Miami-esque positioning with picks and players and make the playoffs. Tennessee finishes in 1st place as Henry eclipses 2k again. Jacksonville flops and holds a fire sale after Urban Meyer decides his health can't take the stress (again). Indianapolis wins the division and ultimately the conference by knocking off Buffalo before falling to Green Bay in the Superbowl. 

AFCW: Kansas City finishes 1st by a razor thin margin as teams begin to figure out stopping Mahomes. Las Vegas finishes 2nd and makes the playoffs, but they really shouldn't have. LA flips the script and starts out hot before petering out and losing a tiebreaker with NE, but Herbert finishes top 5 among QBs. Denver finally throws in the towel on Lock and Fangio. 

32 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

NFCS- New Orleans finishes 7-9, but they figure out the QB position towards the end of the year. In Tampa, Bruce Arians announces he'll retire at the end of the season making Byron Leftwich officially HC-in waiting while coaching a player he played against when Brady announces he'll be back for 2022, and they finish 10-6. Atlanta finishes 6-10 and move on from Matt Ryan. Carolina makes the playoffs. 

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Leftwich is easily one of the worst OCs in the League 

riding the coat tails of the GOAT hell riding the coat tails of BA just to even get a job AT ALL
without his garbage play calls we could have easily won more games in the regular season, i forget what game it was , i think the 2nd Atlanta game we were in the redzone and after a missed 3rd down play Brady looks back to the sideline and you can lip read Brady saying "WHAT A STUPID ******* PLAY CALL"

if he gets a HC gig anywhere he will crash and burn, i pray that it is not here in Tampa

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

36 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

AFCS: Houston parlays a Watson trade into Miami-esque positioning with picks and players and make the playoffs. Tennessee finishes in 1st place as Henry eclipses 2k again. Jacksonville flops and holds a fire sale after Urban Meyer decides his health can't take the stress (again). Indianapolis wins the division and ultimately the conference by knocking off Buffalo before falling to Green Bay in the Superbowl. 

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

AFCN: Pittsburgh ends with a losing record. Cleveland returns to the basement. Cincinnati finishes 10-6 with a playoff birth, and actually wins a playoff game. Baltimore finally finds a passing game, without Lamar Jackson. 

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

• Like 3

People love to discount the Browns, sorry people, we are here and aren't going anywhere. If Andrew Berry addresses the defense this offseason like he did the offense (which I have full confidence), the Browns are going to be a force teams will hate to have to play. Give us a significant pass rusher opposite of Garrett (Ngakoue, L.Williams, Hendrickson, Dupree), a linebacker, and a #2 corner and upgrade the depth. Plus we are still one for the youngest teams in the league.

Lets remember, we were a 3 and 14 conversion by Chad Henne (Which still stings to say) away from being in the AFC Championship

Edited by MSURacerDT55

I think the steelers will take a step back. I have no  confidence in Ben right now and it might take more than a yr to fix the O-line. Defense will save them from being trash, but won't be good enough for them to be a real threat. I got 7-9/8-8 energy for this team. I am optimistic in some of the young talent on the team tho so I think their will be some positive stuff to look forward too in 2021 and beyond(especially if the FO has another good draft like they did in 2020).

On 2/9/2021 at 7:33 AM, candyman93 said:

My only prediction:

Baker will be an MVP candidate. The entire offense will be back minus Njoku (but he was never a starter and Harrison Bryant is his replacement). He will get an actual normal offseason with Stefanski.

My only fear is the defense being so terrible that we lose games because of it.

Not sure Njoku leaves unless we get a good return for him or he basically forces his way out. We picked up his fifth-year option so why not keep him around? He hasn't lived up to his potential but he still has value.

I'm sure we'll spend plenty of resources to improving the defense. If we can even get the defense to become just average next year then we should be in good shape.