2021 Super Early Predictions

SteelKing728

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

We're seeing the classic "the team that just won will be great again" takes.

Bucs will miss the playoffs. 

I won't go that far, but they won't repeat. Arians was obnoxious during the SB parade telling every free agent they aren't going anywhere.

It's not getting enough attention that the Chiefs are getting our starting RG the doctor back and potentially all pro RT Mitchell Schwartz back along with getting under the radar stud LT prospect Lucas Niang who didn't allow a sack in over 1000 snaps in college. Chase Young called him the best offensive linemen he's ever faced. He had a hip injury that he sat out his rookie season for and used the covid year to do so but he's expected to start right away.

Couple that with chiefs projected to spend at least 2 premium picks on the offensive line and retain their starting center Reiter who was the lone bright spot this past year, it's obvious to me that barring an injury to Mahomes, the Chiefs will sleepwalk into the super bowl again. They should be the prohibitive favorites and everyone knows it they're just Brady fangirls or hate Mahomes or some combination of both.

Edited by Kirill

5 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

So glad you predicted that, now I can expect the exact opposite, whew! 🤣

I'm afraid you won't be happy. I didn't make a 2021 prediction. My 2020 prediction will come to in 2021.

Much like in 2019 when i predicted phins go 11-5, eagles would be one of the worst teams, Browns make the playoffs, etc. I missed the year i made the predictions... but they hit the following year... for the most part.

Lmao @ the Buccaneers not making the playoffs. Not only do they make the playoffs but they repeat with ease. I've seen this story of doubting Brady and ain't falling for it again. The man was on a new team and tossed 40 + TDs and I'm supposed to believe next season is the beginning of the end? No chance imo Buccaneers don't make it out of the NFC.

Edited by Chargers

20 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

We're seeing the classic "the team that just won will be great again" takes.

Bucs will miss the playoffs. 

You say it as if it's a lazy take. It's a team with a new QB that won the Super Bowl in Year 1, during a pandemic, entering Year 2. That QB being the greatest to play, Tom Brady, who has not missed the playoffs in nearly 20 years, and been to the Super Bowl in over half of the seasons that he has played in.

Of course it's unlikely that any team goes undefeated, but I'd argue it's more likely than Brady and this absolutely loaded Buccaneer team missing the playoffs in a division with a Brees-less Saints, underwhelming Falcons, and a rebuilding QB-less Panthers.

Consider what the Buccaneers and Brady were able to do piecing together a team on the fly in an initial season with minimal preparation time. Now imagine what they can do in Year 2. They just spanked the golden team of the NFL over the last few seasons in the big game. People are picking the team that just won to be great again for good reason.

15 hours ago, Kirill said:

I won't go that far, but they won't repeat. Arians was obnoxious during the SB parade telling every free agent they aren't going anywhere.

It's not getting enough attention that the Chiefs are getting our starting RG the doctor back and potentially all pro RT Mitchell Schwartz back along with getting under the radar stud LT prospect Lucas Niang who didn't allow a sack in over 1000 snaps in college. Chase Young called him the best offensive linemen he's ever faced. He had a hip injury that he sat out his rookie season for and used the covid year to do so but he's expected to start right away.

Couple that with chiefs projected to spend at least 2 premium picks on the offensive line and retain their starting center Reiter who was the lone bright spot this past year, it's obvious to me that barring an injury to Mahomes, the Chiefs will sleepwalk into the super bowl again. They should be the prohibitive favorites and everyone knows it they're just Brady fangirls or hate Mahomes or some combination of both.

Every post of yours seems to resort to 'Brady fangirls' or 'Mahomes haters'. It's a bit strange, as it almost reads as if you can't understand why someone would choose Brady as a favourite over Mahomes. Strange, because they've met twice now in huge playoff games and Brady has won both. But one thing I can't disagree with, Chiefs sure sleepwalked to the Super Bowl, as they are a great side. They just got smacked about when they got there by the better one.

Historical trends and the odds make it unlikely, but I personally wouldn't be that surprised to see a rematch next season.

Edited by Aztec Hammer
  • Like 1

I'll just do "my" divisions:

AFC South

Colts - They will win the division.  Not because Carson Wentz is all that great (he won't be), but because their coaching staff can get him to the point where he is serviceable, and that will be enough for a 10-6 record and the division win.

Titans - Still a good team, and Henry will more than likely gallop up and down the field in their division games to the point where the Titans will almost pull off the division win, but barely miss out.

Jaguars - They should be one of the most improved teams in the league, but I'm not going to make any homeristic predictions.  Even though the addition of Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence are huge, this team still has a lot of work to do.  They should be able to improve this depleted roster through a draft with four picks in the top 45 and a huge amount of free agency money to spend.  A good goal for them to shoot for in 2021 is great improvement and an 8-8 record.  They should be playoff contenders in 2022, and with a little luck, maybe Super Bowl contenders by 2024.

Texans - We have all been following the saga taking place in Houston.  I predict that they will end up trading Deshaun Watson for a boatload of picks.  Unfortunately, the people currently running the show probably won't know what to do with those picks anyway.  Sadly for Texans fans, the dumpster fire continues for a while longer until it finally dawns on their inept owner that he has squandered the treasure he inherited from his father.  A garage sale finally happens sometime in the off season between 2023 and 2024 and they start to right the ship.

NFC North

Vikings - With their defensive line once again intact and a cornerback corps with some solid experience under their belts, the Vikings will be a fairly strong team in 2021, with a 12-4 record.  This will be enough to win the division.  They could go on a run in the playoffs, but unfortunately, neither their head coach nor their quarterback have shown that, while good, they may not be up to the task of taking that next step to greatness.  A regression in 2022 will be the final season for Cousins, Zimmer, and GM Rick Spielman in Minnesota.

Lions - I've been saying this for years, but the Lions are a better team than last year's record would indicate.  The difference is that 2021 brings with it a breath of fresh air as a new coaching staff takes over in Detroit.  A determined Goff is able to hold his own, and will help the new head coach lead the Lions to a much more impressive performance in 2021.  They finish on an uptrend with a 9-7 record.

Bears - Chicago will experience a major pandemic next year.  No, it won't be a resurgence of Covid-19.  Instead, the Windy City will experience a huge outbreak of Minshew-Mania!  Due to their draft position (#20), they will not be in position to move up or trade for an expensive QB this off season.  Instead, they take a flyer on Gardner Minshew.  Chicagoans will love his swagger, and he will play well for a late round QB in his third year in the league, giving Bears fans hope in the position that they haven't had in years.  Minshew is an "anti-Cutler" for a number of reasons.  He doesn't have the rocket arm that Jay had, but he more than makes up for it with great decision-making and a will to win that Cutler could only ream about.  'da Bears just miss the playoffs with a 9-7 record, but the season will be a success because they will know that they finally have their guy under center.  2022 should be a fun one for Bears Super Fans.

Packers - 2021 will be the end of an era in Green Bay, with Aaron Rodgers playing his final season at Lambeau Field.  The biggest challenge the Packers will face, however, will be a defense that actually regresses in it's first season under a DC who has not proven to be even medicore in the past.  This was the most questionable hiring all off season outside of the goings-on in Houston.  After missing out on a trip to the Super Bowl in 2020, and a noticeably worse defense, Rodgers could start to show his petulant, passive-aggressive side as things start to go south for Green Bay.  They finish with a 6-10 record that will be disappointing after making the NFCCG the year before, but at least they will have good draft position to grab some new stars and build up their team as they head into the Jordan Love era.

• Like 1

Tampa will be clearly better than KC next year.

Its incredibly rare for teams to stay at SB level for 4+ years (KC was a SB level team in 2018 too, just got Dee Forded)

Free agents get to play in Tampa with no state income tax in that weather or they can got to KC and freeze on a team that's coming down from its peak.

Tough choice there. 

• Maybe KC can get some guys like Desean Jackson for cheap.
  • Players will line up to chase a ring in Tampa.

Mahomes will be a top 5 QB for a long time. So was Rodgers after 2011 and Wilson after 2014.

• Wilson was a 12 win QB for 3 years, he's been a 10 win QB since, even with his talent.

The league does not owe KC free success.

Tell me what KC has on defense right now. 3 very good players with a combined 65 million cap hit and little else.