2021 Super Early Predictions

SteelKing728

On 2/14/2021 at 11:50 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

GTFO

zero chance we would have lost to WFT, they looked better with Heinicke than any other QB they had all year

Brees had been back for a couple weeks already so he was fine , just old

Packers just sucked *** and couldnt convert in the redzone or the game would have been closer , and even then they screwed it up by not having the confidence to go for it on 4th (why you ask? because our defense was slaying) 

like you said, WE WOULD HAVE WON ANYWAYS

easier my ***, that was one of , if not the hardest, 3 game playoff stretches to win a SB (NO,GB,KC) ever (or at least in recent memory) imo

People still picked the Chiefs out of sheer respect for Mahomes.

But when has a team won a Super Bowl missing both starting tackles?

Super Bowl winners always end up needing some luck because winning a Super Bowl is hard.

The Bucs may have still won, but ignoring that they were fortunate the Chiefs were missing both starting tackles is too big a stretch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

People still picked the Chiefs out of sheer respect for Mahomes.

But when has a team won a Super Bowl missing both starting tackles?

Super Bowl winners always end up needing some luck because winning a Super Bowl is hard.

The Bucs may have still won, but ignoring that they were fortunate the Chiefs were missing both starting tackles is too big a stretch.

Even if Fisher had played , it wouldn't have saved them. This wasn't a 1 score game. Our front 7 would have gotten home.

And the Bucs left points on the board not to mention just ran the clock out in the 4th.

Let's also not forget that in the 2nd half of the first meeting in the regular season, the Bucs D clamped down and made it a game. Those adjustments carried over to the Super Bowl.

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

23 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

You say it as if it's a lazy take. It's a team with a new QB that won the Super Bowl in Year 1, during a pandemic, entering Year 2. That QB being the greatest to play, Tom Brady, who has not missed the playoffs in nearly 20 years, and been to the Super Bowl in over half of the seasons that he has played in.

Of course it's unlikely that any team goes undefeated, but I'd argue it's more likely than Brady and this absolutely loaded Buccaneer team missing the playoffs in a division with a Brees-less Saints, underwhelming Falcons, and a rebuilding QB-less Panthers.

Consider what the Buccaneers and Brady were able to do piecing together a team on the fly in an initial season with minimal preparation time. Now imagine what they can do in Year 2. They just spanked the golden team of the NFL over the last few seasons in the big game. People are picking the team that just won to be great again for good reason.

Because we lived through it,sometimes it is easy to gloss over the history of his career, but seeing those words on my computer screen is just mind-boggling.  What an accomplishment!  The guy is incredible. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Even if Fisher had played , it wouldn't have saved them. This wasn't a 1 score game. Our front 7 would have gotten home.

And the Bucs left points on the board not to mention just ran the clock out in the 4th.

Let's also not forget that in the 2nd half of the first meeting in the regular season, the Bucs D clamped down and made it a game. Those adjustments carried over to the Super Bowl.

If Fisher and Schwartz both played, the game is completely different. Not saying the Bucs wouldn't have won, but the Chiefs would have scored a lot more

• Like 1

One wildcard that a lot of people aren't talking about is Deshaun Watson.  If he does get traded, where he ends up could have a BIG impact on the standings next season.  For example, would the Bucaneers be favorites over the Niners if Watson were to end up in San Francisco?  I wouldn't be so sure.  Pairing a QB like Watson with a defense like they had in 2019 is scary to think about.  The same could maybe also be said about the WTF.  They played well with a 3rd string Heineke in the lineup.  What would they look like with Watson?  The Bears were a playoff team with Trubisky and Foles.  They could become an instant nightmare with Watson.

Then there is the AFC.  How could it shift the axis of power if he were to end up on the Dolphins?  I probably shouldn't even mention the thought of pairing him up with Belichick in New England, because they have a lot of work to do in other areas on their roster but I could envision that as being a "here we go again" scenario for the rest of the league before too long.  Steelers?  An upgrade at QB like Watson could rejuvenate that team very quickly.

The point is, one small move can make big changes in the landscape of the league.  It's tough to predict the future.   

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

If Deshaun goes to Denver I could see KC getting into 6 divisional shootouts next year.

If he goes to Carolina they could be a wildcard team.

Same for Miami.

If he goes to the Jets I think they still need a rebuilding year.

If he somehow went to WFT, they could be in the NFCCG.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

If Fisher and Schwartz both played, the game is completely different. Not saying the Bucs wouldn't have won, but the Chiefs would have scored a lot more

Perhaps, but they also only scored 10 points in the final three quarters in the first game against the Bucs, with Eric Fisher, once the Bucs realised it might not be an idea to play one-Cover. That game was also one in which the Bucs were without Vita Vea and Jamel Dean on the D, and Ali Marpet on the OL. Vita arguably being the single most important player on that unit, Dean being the fastest DB, and Marpet being their best interior OL.

I think the Bucs just figured out how to slow down the Chiefs during that first game, and thankfully had a second shot at them in the Super Bowl to show it. Mahomes is an unbelievable talent, but Todd Bowles did a fantastic job of pinpointing areas of his game where he isn't necessarily elite yet; that being the short, quick game from within the pocket off the back of audibles and finding heat solutions. That coupled with Reid and Bienemy's overconfidence in their gameplay and lack of dynamism in changing the protection numbers in particular when it became evident they were dealing with an overwhelming front, resulted in an easy Bucs victory. Mahomes may not yet be a master of his craft in terms of adjusting and calling a game himself which sometimes needs to be done during those 40 seconds when adversity hits, but the coaches could have helped simply by using less scat protection.

Vita Vea being available this time around was probably the single biggest difference on the defense, outside of the scheme adjustment to playing primarily 7 man coverages. That man is a freak.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

One wildcard that a lot of people aren't talking about is Deshaun Watson.  If he does get traded, where he ends up could have a BIG impact on the standings next season.  For example, would the Bucaneers be favorites over the Niners if Watson were to end up in San Francisco?  I wouldn't be so sure.  Pairing a QB like Watson with a defense like they had in 2019 is scary to think about.  The same could maybe also be said about the WTF.  They played well with a 3rd string Heineke in the lineup.  What would they look like with Watson?  The Bears were a playoff team with Trubisky and Foles.  They could become an instant nightmare with Watson.

Then there is the AFC.  How could it shift the axis of power if he were to end up on the Dolphins?  I probably shouldn't even mention the thought of pairing him up with Belichick in New England, because they have a lot of work to do in other areas on their roster but I could envision that as being a "here we go again" scenario for the rest of the league before too long.  Steelers?  An upgrade at QB like Watson could rejuvenate that team very quickly.

The point is, one small move can make big changes in the landscape of the league.  It's tough to predict the future.   

The 2019 49ers defense is not coming back. Do they even have a CB guaranteed to be on the roster for 2021 right now 

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

The 2019 49ers defense is not coming back. Do they even have a CB guaranteed to be on the roster for 2021 right now 

I'm not sure.  You could be right.  One thing is certain, however.  They sure didn't have anything close to Deshaun Watson under center in 2019 either.  He could make up for a lot.  Then again, I know you could make the same case for a lot of teams with Deshaun.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:35 PM, notthatbluestuff said:

We're seeing the classic "the team that just won will be great again" takes.

Bucs will miss the playoffs. 

yeah hard to buy that a QB who doesn't miss the playoffs will now. 

Not only that. That QB has won 4 of the last 7 titles. Lost in SB and AFC title game 2 of the 3 times he did not. Pretty confident that he is 5 of 7 if Gordon and AB remain on that 2019 NE team.

Are the chances really that low that the Bucs will make the SB again? No.

I'm thinking the Packers get to the SB but it's probably stupid to bet against TB.

Edited by SBLIII
  • Like 1