Patrick Peterson and the Cards parting ways

.Buzz

I think this is going to be a WILD free agent market, with tons of cuts + not a lot of cap space to go around

If I'm the Jags, I'm pushing ALL IN on Trevor Lawrence plus a crazy FA run on these vets, including PP

But yeah, Tampa Bay does jump out as a good destination for him

34 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

You’re 100% right both la teams would welcome him 

how are you feeling about cap over there in Rams world?

I'm not intimately familiar, but to me it looks like it would be a challenge to bring in any of these "medium expensive" or higher type of players

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

how are you feeling about cap over there in Rams world?

I'm not intimately familiar, but to me it looks like it would be a challenge to bring in any of these "medium expensive" or higher type of players

It’s a myth for owners to tell fans it exists for them to pocket more money. 

The shrinking cap is going to make this a WEIRD free agency. Players might start thinking "this isn't the year to get paid, this is the year to win a ring", especially players that have already been paid. Could also mean there are some quality players who left unsigned late into the pre-season, waiting for an injury to open up a spot.

That said, Peterson is not who he was so he shouldn't be that expensive. GB could use a number 2 corner after Scotty Miller Kali Ma'ed Kevin King. KC might be able to use him, but they don't have much cap room. He has the Arians connection in Tampa, but TB have a lot more higher priority FAs to think about, plus their young secondary has been great through the play-offs, so replacing one of them with Peterson would be a slap in the face.

Cards fans - if he's not playing well at CB have they considered moving him to safety, a la Woodson (both of them)?

So does this leave Julio, Tyron Smith and  Von Miller as the only alpha picks left on their original team from the 2011 draft?  newton moved.  AJ Green, JJ Watt, PP, Darius, and Aldon Smith have moved, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Cowboys possibly drafted a replacement for Tyron.