Klint Kubiak Hired as Offensive Coordinator

gopherwrestler

17 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I hope Klint is studying this game and how these two teams are utilizing their tight ends. If he’s going to have the tight ends on the field as much as his dad, he needs to find a lot more creative ways to use them. And the Chiefs and the Bucs know how to get creative, and how to use their tight ends. 

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

When will Klint be hired away as a Head Coach though?

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Now they should hire a new OL coach, and promote/move to Dennison as a run game coordinator/offensive advisor. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, french t0ast said:

I am nervous about how good he will be at playcalling.

I'm not.  He's served under Musgrave, Norv and his dad...if anything, he should be more prepared than anyone, considering he's a coach's son.  I'm sure there'll be a little breaking-in period that'll happen during preseason (as long as we get one this time around)...but, I think he'll pick it up quickly..especially if he leans on those same people for advice.  Plus, he's got Dennison in-house for some experience, even if it's not the greatest experience.  

• Like 1

I think way too many people (mainly those on other platforms) are far too focused on his last name. I really don’t see a more qualified candidate available, given the fact that we know Zimmer really likes this particular scheme, and he wanted continuity.

And quite frankly, I remember when many of the same things that are being said about Klint were also being said about Kyle Shanahan. 

I like the promotion!  After watching the SB yesterday, we got a great look at what's really a great TB defense!  They started that undefeated run to the title by forcing Dan Blair-Carlson to miss 63 kicks in one game (sorry for the stumble down memory lane).  However, when I watched them thump the Saints and Packers, I thought KC would be in for a rough ride to the repeat . . . didn't expect that kind of a beating though.  The D won the championship, but the O stole the show for Tampa.  Yes, Mahomes was off the charts yesterday in making attempts at plays, but he also ran for 497 yards in scrambles before releasing a pass -- That, my friends, is an NFL record . . . unless we go unleash old game footage of Fran the Man in his prime . . . the two of them might've tied.

Back to Klint's bump to OC . . . he has a stable full of horses, with a couple studs on rookie deals.  They need to keep O'Neill and Bradbury, and as much as I like the way Reiff played last season, he's debatable.  They need to draft anchor-up OGs . . . OR, well, let's just say Kirk isn't going to tie Mahomes for 497 scramble yards in a game.   

The defense of the Vikings, to what they played against in Chicago, New Orleans, Indy, Tampa and even the Packers, put the team at a big disadvantage.  Sadly, we all watched the youth, lack of depth and whatnot compile losses.  Klint can't fix the D.  He needs to elevate the O . . . just 64 plays, 4 per game (or whatever 17 x 4 is next year) . . . two less sacks, 1 less pressure, 1 less turnover per game.  That's all . . . just that. 

I pray he convinces our idiotic wishbone offense minded coach that dalvin cook is not the only weapon there is. I want to see an offense that gets cook utilized around 18 carries per game. Let’s get our skill set guys involved! If Justin Jefferson is targeted on average 4 times a game, then we are in for a world of hurt. 

2 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I pray he convinces our idiotic wishbone offense minded coach that dalvin cook is not the only weapon there is. I want to see an offense that gets cook utilized around 18 carries per game. Let’s get our skill set guys involved! If Justin Jefferson is targeted on average 4 times a game, then we are in for a world of hurt. 

Ummm, they passed nearly 50 more times than they ran.