Klint Kubiak Hired as Offensive Coordinator

gopherwrestler

My hope is that Klint has a creative streak in him that will keep opponents off guard who are expecting him to call plays similarly to his father.  I hope he branches out, studies other systems, and brings in new and dynamic formations and strategies to the offense that is not strictly the Shanahan/Kubiak offense.

16 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

My hope is that Klint has a creative streak in him that will keep opponents off guard who are expecting him to call plays similarly to his father.  I hope he branches out, studies other systems, and brings in new and dynamic formations and strategies to the offense that is not strictly the Shanahan/Kubiak offense.

Agree.  I hope he's got a little Stefanski in him...while he didn't work under as many different styles as Kevin did, he did work under Norv and Musgrave, who certainly have their own styles.  Musgrave and Mike Sherman (who Klint got his start under at Texas A&M) both are more similar to Gary, but certainly have their differences.  Norv is a whole other cat.  

15 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

And yet we were number one with runs on 3rd and 10...but hey if we ignore September and the other bad kirk games, we were one of the most proficient passing offenses in the league right? 

If you place all your focus on the deficiencies, then you're never going to be happy.  It's still an effective offense regardless of some of the failures.  To portray it as a "wishbone" offense shows far too narrow of a focus.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

Is there any argument for it?  I don't think we have any idea what is to come, other than not wide open. 

It keeps continuity for an offense that was the most prolific this team has had in the past decade, and the 3rd best in franchise history. 

It puts a coach in charge who has a great relationship with the QB, and a coach who has helped that QB have the two best years of his career. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It keeps continuity for an offense that was the most prolific this team has had in the past decade, and the 3rd best in franchise history. 

It puts a coach in charge who has a great relationship with the QB, and a coach who has helped that QB have the two best years of his career. 

I agree with this.  

I can see an argument for wanting someone like Lynn who had more experience but it wouldn't have made much sense to hire a position coach from a different team over Kubiak imo