Klint Kubiak Hired as Offensive Coordinator

gopherwrestler

11 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Obviously I don't know the guy though

None of us know him really much...but based on reports, he has a pretty good relationship with Kirk, so he probably knows what Kirk can and can not do pretty well..and that's where the coordinating starts.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

None of us know him really much...but based on reports, he has a pretty good relationship with Kirk, so he probably knows what Kirk can and can not do pretty well..and that's where the coordinating starts.  

If that's the case, then I doubt Minnesota would try to trade Cousins, which was already highly unlikely or look for his replacement this year.

It would be nice to see us get a young backup and see if Kubiak can squeeze some developmental hours out of him though!!

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If that's the case, then I doubt Minnesota would try to trade Cousins, which was already highly unlikely or look for his replacement this year.

It would be nice to see us get a young backup and see if Kubiak can squeeze some developmental hours out of him though!!

Yeah, we need more developmental hours from guys other than Nate Stanley and Jake Browning, since any developmental hours available are being wasted on them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It keeps continuity for an offense that was the most prolific this team has had in the past decade, and the 3rd best in franchise history. 

It puts a coach in charge who has a great relationship with the QB, and a coach who has helped that QB have the two best years of his career. 

good points. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

So he’s head coach next year? 

Likely all depends on how the year finishes out. 

I would be surprised if he’s tagged as a HC candidate after just one year as OC.  So, I wouldn’t be worried about losing him like I was with Stefanski. Overall he’s a very inexperienced coach.  

Edited by SemperFeist

I wouldn't be concerned at all about losing him as a HC candidate.  It would have to be a Tomlin-like situation for that to occur and I don't think that's going to happen with him.  Plus, it would be nice to have an OC for more than 1 season, which we haven't had since Norv.

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

It’s ridiculous how bad Trevor Lawrence has been this year. I’m sure no one saw that. 

It was inevitable considering how bad the team is around him.  He has no one to throw to or to hand the ball to on a running play. He's not superhuman.  God love Marvin Jones (for constantly destroying the Vikings), but he shouldn't be the #1 WR on any team.  

Bevell should probably do a better job in calling plays to protect Lawrence, however.

Edited by swede700

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Likely all depends on how the year finishes out. 

I would be surprised if he’s tagged as a HC candidate after just one year as OC.  So, I wouldn’t be worried about losing him like I was with Stefanski. Overall he’s a very inexperienced coach.  

Stefanksi was hired as a HC with only a season and a few games of playcalling under his belt. He was actually interview as a HC after an interim stint after JDF got fired.

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Stefanksi was hired as a HC with only a season and a few games of playcalling under his belt. He was actually interview as a HC after an interim stint after JDF got fired.

He did have far more experience as a coach than Kubiak does though.  He had 11 yrs as an assistant position coach/position coach/OC.  This is truly only Kubiak's 3rd season as a position coach/OC.  He was an offensive assistant for 3 years prior to that, but it's wasn't to any specific position.  

• Like 1