What more does Bruce Arians need to do to be a Hall of Fame head coach?

JiffyJag

What else would BA need to accomplish to have a HoF resume?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What else would BA need to accomplish to have a HoF resume?

• Additional SB win
    • 2 more SB wins
    • another deep playoff run
    • multiple deep playoff runs
    • he has no chance at all whatsoever

On 2/8/2021 at 4:27 PM, Bolts223 said:

I think Arians biggest obstacle is going to be longevity.

Mike Shanahan won 2 with Denver and he's still not in. And he has a lot more career wins than Arians does.

Shanny also had some absolutely atrocious seasons though. 

Not saying Arians' lack of longevity won't hurt him, but if he squeezes to 100 wins in the next 2 years, his winning % is going to be too good to totally overlool when talking about HC resumes.

On 2/8/2021 at 9:34 PM, Jaguarfan said:

So what do we think? I would think that another SB win probably guarantees him a spot in Canton. The thing working against him the most is a small-ish sample size, since he didn't become a HC until fairly late in his career.  

I would think that winning the SB with Brady will be working against him as well, compared to others winning SB's.

To be honest i did not consider Arians as even close to being a HoF coach when he retired 2 years ago. Sure a nice winning record and a conference title, but very limited sample size while working with 2 good QB's. 

Winning a SB with Brady isnt going to make his career HoF worthy for me. And adding more wins with Brady without another SB win will imo not be enough to change that. 

So i guess that he needs at least another SB win to be seriously considered and another 2 to make it a sure thing.

• Like 1

This is a joke right?

What the heck did he do this year other than sit back and watch Brady do his magic. I could coach that team a win a SB. Watch how great I am. " Here Tom ( hand over football) you do your thing!" You need anything I'll be sitting in the lazy boy by the bench.

And what's with this 6 grade crap about big bad BB. That dumb *** doesn't realize, BB has more impact with him winning a SB than he did!!!

PS don't bother saying BB sure did by letting him go because you will sound just as foolish as BA.

HOF Please!!!

Edited by m haynes

Arians will never make it, he hasn't done anything to deserve it. He has been a HC for 6 years and is going to be 69 years old next season. I do not see him coaching in to his 70s and he is riding on Tom Brady's coattails. He literally did nothing this year as Leftwich and Brady were the ones who ran the offense, and Bowles setup on defense won them the superbowl. No offense to Arians but his head coaching career like many didn't do enough to get in. He took his team to the playoffs 3 times and was 0-2 before given Tom Brady. 46-32 as a hc before this year and 3-3 with a winning record. He has to win multiple playoff games without brady at the helm in order for him to even be considered. He is an average coach at best and was fortunate enough to land Brady just like Kubiak was when he got Peyton Manning a Superbowl.