Next Year’s QB

TOUCAN

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I assume you mean the 2nd half of the year, because the 1st half he was the MVP favorite...

Maybe it was just against us when he threw for only 121 yards ! You're right his season stats look good but his last 4 games and Postseason tailed off .

On 2/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, RSkinGM said:

Maybe it was just against us when he threw for only 121 yards ! You're right his season stats look good but his last 4 games and Postseason tailed off .

He didn’t need to throw for any more yards vs us. They beat us bc Haskins’s mistakes in the first half and our defense made mistakes on the one run play and Carlos Hyde took it 50 yards, just like Lamar did vs us back when we played the Ravens. 

I know Marcus Mariota fits Scott Turner's Offense. He's mobile, which I believe should be a requirement for any QB we bring here.

I just prefer we don't trade draft resources to aquire him.

Honestly, I would just wait for him to be released & continue looking forward.

This is what cooley had to say.

Cooley on Mariota via @SheehanPodcast: “He seems to fit what Scott Turner is trying to do.... just a first glance thought, I think he fits it.”
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I know Marcus Mariota fits Scott Turner's Offense. He's mobile, which I believe should be a requirement for any QB we bring here.

Cooley on Mariota via @SheehanPodcast: “He seems to fit what Scott Turner is trying to do.... just a first glance thought, I think he fits it.”

Agree, I wouldn’t trade a mid round pick for him. It also just keeps us mediocre which we’ve been doing for 28 years. A better option IMO is to trade up in the draft, have that rookie QB develop behind Alex Smith on a restructured deal or another FA vet we sign, Heinkie or Kyle Allen who we should re-sign to compete for a roster spot bc he only costs $800,000 as a exclusive right free agent.

Trading a mid round pick for a back up quality QB who at best is an average starter makes no sense.

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Is Mariota going to be released though? I love his game and think he fits well.

He should be, the Raiders don’t want to pay that $11.35 mil salary for a back up. If no one bites on trading for him, he’s going to be released. It’s much better to wait for that, but if we aren’t trading for DeShaun Watson then our next best options are trading a 2nd or 3rd for Darnold or trading up in the draft for a QB. I’d rather do that bc of their upside than to trade for or even sign Mariota as a FA who doesn’t have much upside. Heck, I’d rather sign Trubisky than trade for Mariota or sign Mariota as a FA. Trubisky has more upside than Mariota.

13 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

He also said he doesn’t really like Mariota as a QB in general. Mariota isn’t very good and I’d rather trade up to get Fields than waste resources on a guy who failed under multiple OCs. 

Im with @turtle28on this one. I’d rather just sign Trubisky instead of giving up picks for Mariota considering they’re similar players in similar situations trying to either hold onto their career or kick start it. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I thought you weren't a fan of his--at all. I'd kinda like to see what we can do with him .

I’m not a huge fan of his but, he does have untapped potential where I don’t think Mariota has much untapped potential. We also wouldn’t have to trade for Trubisky, trading for a QB like Mariota doesn’t move the needle much for us so since that’s the case why not just sign one of the FAs or draft a a QB to compete w/ the guys in house.

Minshew. This guy would excite me. 37 TDs to 11 intercepts in two years on a bad team. Original 6th rounder. He's got moxie, upside .

I think we've tossed his name around . Who likes him, who hates him. What would he cost after Jacksonville takes Trey Lawrence ?  

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Minshew. This guy would excite me. 37 TDs to 11 intercepts in two years on a bad team. Original 6th rounder. He's got moxie, upside .

I think we've tossed his name around . Who likes him, who hates him. What would he cost after Jacksonville takes Trey Lawrence ?  

I don’t see him as any different that Heinicke, so why pursue him? We have that underdog type of guy who’s a good athlete that we hope can develop into something better and be consistent next year.

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t see him as any different that Heinicke, so why pursue him? We have that underdog type of guy who’s a good athlete that we hope can develop into something better and be consistent next year.

Because .. he's young- he can grow. Nobody really knows what he is or might become and if he's cheap. What the heck, drive him round the block . You're right - he is the same as Heinicke- we don't know what either might be able to do .

Well, have to edit this - He isn't like Heinicke. He's actually started 20 bonafide NFL games ! 

Edited by RSkinGM

I'm with RSkinGM on this one.

I would much rather have Garner Minshew, than Mariota or Darnold.

A) He would be way cheaper in draft resources than either of the other 2.

B) He has untapped potential & fits our offense, much like Heinicke & probably even better than Mariota.

C) Minshew & Heinicke could compete for the #1 spot & we could focus on other important non-QB positions with our #19 pick in the draft, which is what I'm hoping for. 

We could get good QB play, without paying them a gazillion dollars this season.

We could pour those money resources into other positions on the team like WR, LB or O-line.

Would love to have Gardner Minshew on this team.

13 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm with RSkinGM on this one.

I would much rather have Garner Minshew, than Mariota or Darnold.

A) He would be way cheaper in draft resources than either of the other 2.

B) He has untapped potential & fits our offense, much like Heinicke & probably even better than Mariota.

C) Minshew & Heinicke could compete for the #1 spot & we could focus on other important non-QB positions with our #19 pick in the draft, which is what I'm hoping for. 

We could get good QB play, without paying them a gazillion dollars this season.

We could pour those money resources into other positions on the team like WR, LB or O-line.

Would love to have Gardner Minshew on this team.

Thank you ! that's two fer and one agin ! I'm offering a 4th and will go as high as a third this year .

• Like 1

Lavar quote: I’d rather trade up to get Fields than waste resources on a guy who failed under multipleOCs. 

Trading up for Fields is a nice idea but there’s a chance that 4 QB’s go in the first 4 picks. 

Jags- Lawrence 

Jets-  Moving on from Darnold

Dolphins- Could move on from Tua, from what you read not all Miami personnel are sold on him

Falcons- Matt Ryan will turn 36 in May

This could easily happen. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF