Next Year’s QB

TOUCAN

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Offer Jacksonville a 4th for Minshew...

They'll want a 2nd....

Agree & settle for a 3rd. Wahlahhh! Deal done! (We still have another)

Stay at #19 & take the best player on the board, regardless of position.

Or trade down...

Under no circumstances do I trade up, unless WR Devanta Smith falls out of the top 10. Then I'm making phone calls.

Sad to say this but might be your worst post ever. Trade a 4th for Minshew? Minshew & Heinicke are very similar. There’s no need to get another Colt McCoy underdog type QB. I like Minshew, we just don’t have room, he’s not near a top 15 starter. Better to trade up for a QB & either roll w/ Alex & Heinicke along with that rookie, or cut Alex & sign a different vet QB to compete w/ Heinicke.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sad to say this but might be your worst post ever. Trade a 4th for Minshew? Minshew & Heinicke are very similar. There’s no need to get another Colt McCoy underdog type QB. I like Minshew, we just don’t have room, he’s not near a top 15 starter. Better to trade up for a QB & either roll w/ Alex & Heinicke along with that rookie, or sign a different vet QB and cut Heinicke.

Minshew is 24 years old

Has 37 TD's vs 11 int's in his career.

He's better than Mariota. He's younger than Mariota. 

And he'll be cheaper than Mariota.

And the fact that he's very similar to Heinicke, is the point.

We need lots of Heinicke's.

Oh.....and turtle

I would rather trade a 3rd or 4th round pick, for a QB that can play in this league and is only 24.

Then trade up for Fields, while trading away valuable future draft resources for a player who may be a bust.

Give me Minshew, give me Heinicke

Give me a top player in the draft @19, that's not a QB and who can help make the team better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Minshew is 24 years old

Has 37 TD's vs 11 int's in his career.

He's better than Mariota. He's younger than Mariota. 

And he'll be cheaper than Mariota.

And the fact that he's very similar to Heinicke, is the point.

We need lots of Heinicke's.

Oh.....and turtle

I would rather trade a 3rd or 4th round pick, for a QB that can play in this league and is only 24.

Then trade up for Fields, while trading away valuable future draft resources for a player who may be a bust.

Give me Minshew, give me Heinicke

Give me a top player in the draft @19, that's not a QB and who can help make the team better.

You can’t fill your roster with try hard Colt Brennan types at QB and expect it to work out well & you also can’t keep trading away mid round picks for back up QBs every year and expect to build a good young roster which could be together for 5-10 year w/ good depth. Wait until these QBs get cut. Wait until Mariota gets cut, wait until Minshew gets cut.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't see how Gardner Minshew is any different than Kyle Allen?  Honestly I'd rather have Kyle Allen start than Minshew.  Like seriously why the hell would we want Minshew?

Minshew reminds me of Fitz. I think he’ll bounce around the league in the same manner. Having success here and there and potentially getting someone to pay him big bucks. 

• Like 1

Slow build baby... slooooooooooooooow build. Love the fact that WTF execs are making calls but not jumping the gun on QBs. 

In keeping with the slow build philosophy, I'm fine with Minshew and Mariota.

We can win with game managers. 

All about how you believe a winning team should be built. 

ESPN’s panel of experts was asked today who will be our 2021 Week One starter. The results were as follows:

1. Sam Darnold (4 votes)

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick (2 votes)

2. Cam Newton (2 votes)

4. Alex Smith (1 vote)

Relatedly, Field Yates did an article on ESPN today where he predicted every team’s Week One starter. He had Ryan Fitzpatrick as our guy. 

Edited by e16bball

59 minutes ago, e16bball said:

ESPN’s panel of experts was asked today who will be our 2021 Week One starter. The results were as follows:

1. Sam Darnold (4 votes)

2. Cam Newton (2 votes)

4. Alex Smith (1 vote)

Relatedly, Field Yates did an article on ESPN today where he predicted every team’s Week One starter. He had Ryan Fitzpatrick as our guy. 

If Ryan Fitzpatrick is our starter then we’ve badly failed as an organization. Nothing says killing your draft position more than Fitz. He won’t get us to the playoffs but he’ll sure as heck get us back to 7-9 and pick 15 or so. 

Give up a third for Darnold. I’m not buying the first or second round trade grades on Darnold. He hasn’t played well and if the Jets are looking to get rid of him his value shouldn’t suddenly skyrocket. At least in this situation if he can turn his career around you have 10+ years of QB play. Fitz is a path to nowhere. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

1. Sam Darnold (4 votes)

2. Cam Newton (2 votes)

4. Alex Smith (1 vote)

I’d rather restructure Alex than to sign Fitz. This team loves Alex. They responded to him as much as they did to Rivera the 2nd half of the year. Leadership & coach on the field can’t be undersold in our season & if he can’t cut it then go to Heinicke, Kyle Allen or a rookie we hopefully draft.

I’d much rather have Darnold than an average vet. Darnold has the upside. If he was in this draft he’d be a top 5 pick like in 2018. He has top 10 potential. If you can get a top 10 QB prospect w/ a round 2 or 3 pick you do it every time.

Edited by turtle28

Top choices in no particular order:

Mariota
Minshew
Darnold

Not really interested in much else. Smith shouldn't even be a consideration. He's completely immobile at this point. Fitz shouldn't be a consideration either... simply because of age. I'd rather see youth try and fail. Newton... LOL.

Get you a WR and TE in free agency and a LT in the draft. Slooooooow build baby.