Next Year’s QB

TOUCAN

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@Forge I don’t see Rivera signing Winston bc of his immaturity. He’s got the talent but everything that Rivera just went through with Haskins, I just don’t see him wanting to bring in Winston.

As for Darnold yeah, I’d much rather give a conditional 2nd that’s say a 4th if he doesn’t start 75% of the games but I don’t know if the Jets will go for that. I’d also say that he was playing with the least talented offense around him since he was drafted. My opinion is that if he had all the talent Baker was getting or Murray that he would’ve shown more.

I hadn't considered the maturity angle. That's a good point

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@Forge I don’t see Rivera signing Winston bc of his immaturity. He’s got the talent but everything that Rivera just went through with Haskins, I just don’t see him wanting to bring in Winston.

I don't think Winston is immature, I thought the issue was the interceptions.  I also think they want a qb with more mobility.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 8:08 AM, Skinsin2013 said:

Top choices in no particular order:

Mariota
Minshew
Darnold

Not really interested in much else. Smith shouldn't even be a consideration. He's completely immobile at this point. Fitz shouldn't be a consideration either... simply because of age. I'd rather see youth try and fail. Newton... LOL.

Get you a WR and TE in free agency and a LT in the draft. Slooooooow build baby. 

Minshew
Fitzpatrick
Darnold
Mariota

Now my preferred order... in order. ESPN "Get Up" just made a very intriguing case for Fitzpatrick. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, he might be last on the list of "available" QBs to consider. 

Like last as in last available or last pick you would make out of the available options?

If I'm 100% honest, if he gets released, I think we should absolutely make the call. I may not have liked him as a person, but his football IQ is off the charts. 

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Like last as in last available or last pick you would make out of the available options?

If I'm 100% honest, if he gets released, I think we should absolutely make the call. I may not have liked him as a person, but his football IQ is off the charts. 

He looked 100% washed last year by the end of it - kinda like Brees. Father time has gotten to them. I think Fitzmagic actually offers more than Ben at this point. It's a hard fall, and crazy to say, but I think it's true. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He looked 100% washed last year by the end of it - kinda like Brees. Father time has gotten to them. I think Fitzmagic actually offers more than Ben at this point. It's a hard fall, and crazy to say, but I think it's true. 

I do like me some Fitzmagic, but I think I would still take Ben. Give him another good WR and a starting LT/LG and he could be a game manager here like Tom was in TB.

Just my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I do like me some Fitzmagic, but I think I would still take Ben. Give him another good WR and a starting LT/LG and he could be a game manager here like Tom was in TB.

Just my opinion. 

I think Tom went well beyond just GM in Tampa. Those numbers were far from pedestrian. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think Tom went well beyond just GM in Tampa. Those numbers were far from pedestrian. 

We will have to agree to disagree. Tom was average in TB. Think of all the weapons he had. He should have blown his Randy Moss season numbers out of the water. He clearly regressed to the point that in a game that should have been super easy, Taylor Heinicke outdueled him. 

I do think having someone who is well equipped preparation-wise at the QB position would do wonders for our offense. I fully believe Ben could do what Tom did, for TB, here. 

Again, just my opinion.