FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

30 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

We better bring back lavonte, he has always been one of my favs players, and i dont see how our defense will fare without him.

IMO we can replace shaq and godwin we cant replace lavonte.

Lavonte has been the heart and soul of our D for so long

i dont want to see him go either

but this draft has quite a big of athletic ILBs and that is usually a position where you can find steals later in the draft ala David himself

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

but this draft has quite a big of athletic ILBs and that is usually a position where you can find steals later in the draft ala David himself

I watched the end of Derrick Brooks HOF career come to an end as a Buc.  If Lavonte wants a pay increase, he probably needs to find it somewhere else.

Shaq is the better option to over pay on the defense because he is younger.  Also, JPP will be a UFA after next season, so it this yr to over spend at OLB.  Give Licht credit his list of ILB drafted has been impressive - Alexander. Beckwith, Cichy. and White.  I have all the confidence in Licht to draft a quality ILB in this draft.

4 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

If i were Miami, I'd offer all 3 first round picks+ a 2nd + Tua  to get Deshaun Watson

they also have money so id definitely try and sign David or a big WR

Miami is looking good as it is already , im a big fan of how they became contenders last year , they are trending in the right direction

after the JJ Watt deal i have completely given up on resigning Shaq, he'll get more money than Watt for sure

i'm also scared to see how Devin would do without David, Devin is a star, but alot of times when he did over pursue , David would always be there to clean up, or put him in the right positions

Yeah this is what I was thinking too. It's probably why he gets a slight edge in priority over Shaq to re-sign. 

But still, I put Shaq 2nd over Godwin only because we'll get OJ back, and Gronk is showing to be reliable(though we know not to overuse him during the season of course). But if we pick up a good pass catching RB that can also block, it would be a huge weapon for Brady.

For Godwin though, the thing that the other WRs can't replace is his blocking ability. On running plays and WR screens. He's one of the best I think. 

16 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

This 100%. I love Lavonte and what he has done for this organization will not be forgotten. He's likely a ring of honor player. But if I'm a GM you have to think about the future and pay guys based on what they project as moving forward, not pay them based off what they've done for you in the past.

Reality is that the position he plays is not typically a position you want to pay premium dollar at for a soon to be 32 year old who will be entering the declining phase of his career. Typically, these guys play levels tend to fall off dramatically into their early-mid 30's. Just my opinion, but the areas where you want to give guys top of the market/resetting the market type money are your OT's, pass rushers and QB and possibly a skill guy such as a WR depending on the circumstances.

I'm focusing on re-signing/tagging Shaq and Godwin first and foremost, especially after seeing the comments surrounding LD saying he wants to re-set the market.

As you eluded to, you can find off-ball LB's in the draft who are capable of starting and developing into impact players in the mid rounds of the draft. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

damn just seeing this stuff out there makes it seem more and more real that David would leave 

If he does go we could easily resign Shaq and CG14

AND if David leaves, I am all aboard the Zaven Collins train at 32

I can see AB returning also.  I don t believe Brady will be looking to have him gone.  AB was on a 90 catch pace and he really is the only WR on the roster who has excellent short area quickness as evidenced by the TD catch in the SB.  Plus, I don t think AB wants to leave.

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I can see AB returning also.  I don t believe Brady will be looking to have him gone.  AB was on a 90 catch pace and he really is the only WR on the roster who has excellent short area quickness as evidenced by the TD catch in the SB.  Plus, I don t think AB wants to leave.

but at what cost?

8 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I just dont know if AB would settle for coming back for that amount 

I mean I hope so

But idk

We also really need to figure out what to do with all this money tied up in TEs

I can t venture what his market value will be considering on field production and past baggage.  I would imagine AB would give the Bucs to match any offer.

If any of our big 3 FAs dont sign back, I just believe the chances of resigning AB rises dramatically.  

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I can t venture what his market value will be considering on field production and past baggage.  I would imagine AB would give the Bucs to match any offer.

If any of our big 3 FAs dont sign back, I just believe the chances of resigning AB rises dramatically.  

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-briefing-examining-browns-free-agent-market/

Found this' pretty good read 

Mention AB contract around 3-5 mil range plus incentives, id be happy with that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-briefing-examining-browns-free-agent-market/

Found this' pretty good read 

Mention AB contract around 3-5 mil range plus incentives, id be happy with that

Good article, I like Jon s work.  Jon has this insatiable need that for someone to change there must be a  public apology as the only verification a person has changed.  He s short sighted about this subject, IMO.

We ll all find out how important Brady s relationships to teammates are shortly.  Quite frankly, Brady deserves this much stroke.  This ship was rudderless before his signing.

• Like 1