FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

FTFY

;)

I expect us to take him at the top of the second. We either trade back from 32 or trade up from 64. Probably the former.

We missed out on Dalvin Cook a few years ago and we just missed out on Antonio Gibson. Licht isn't gonna let it happen a third time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I expect us to take him at the top of the second. We either trade back from 32 or trade up from 64. Probably the former.

We missed out on Dalvin Cook a few years ago and we just missed out on Antonio Gibson. Licht isn't gonna let it happen a third time.

Sheesh top of the second. I like him but there might be better players on the board at diff position. I think he is a mid round - end of round 2 guy. Either way he’d be a huge asset here

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Sheesh top of the second. I like him but there might be better players on the board at diff position. I think he is a mid round - end of round 2 guy. Either way he’d be a huge asset here

I believe Felton or Gainwell is more likely to be a Buc then the top 3 RB prospects.  Licht has already invested a 2nd n 3rd rd pick in his current RB depth chart.  Not like there will be a lot of snaps where to RBs will be on the field.  So is he really going to invest his first pick to deepen the RB depth chart even more?  

The argument could be well the RB depth chart isn t good enough.  That s a hard argument after coming off a SB win.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I believe Felton or Gainwell is more likely to be a Buc then the top 3 RB prospects.  Licht has already invested a 2nd n 3rd rd pick in his current RB depth chart.  Not like there will be a lot of snaps where to RBs will be on the field.  So is he really going to invest his first pick to deepen the RB depth chart even more?  

The argument could be well the RB depth chart isn t good enough.  That s a hard argument after coming off a SB win.  

Good. It would look horrible on Licht resume to spend another high pick at the position. Get better depth at RB, OLB, CB, LB and OL should be the goals. Cappa expiring contract is interesting. Bucs can get an upgrade and cheaper alternate but will they...

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Good. It would look horrible on Licht resume to spend another high pick at the position. Get better depth at RB, OLB, CB, LB and OL should be the goals. Cappa expiring contract is interesting. Bucs can get an upgrade and cheaper alternate but will they...

I doubt they draft a T.  Probably re sign Wells as the swing tackle again.  I don t know it is automatic they choose keeping Jensen over Cappa after next season.  Cappa is younger, double tough and as good as Jensen.  Arguably OL performance ranking last season - 1.  Wirfs, 2.  Marpet, 3.  Cappa, 4.  Jensen, 5.  Smith.  Meinerz would be a wise investment in the future.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, indifference said:

Welp no James White for Bucs. Cool, look forward to developing our own third down back

Commiserations on missing out on White, really surprised he came back to us. Assumed him going to Tompa was a formality.

There are other FA options for you guys, the Pats sub had pretty much assumed White was gone and we were discussing maybe Duke Johnson or Chris Thompson as his replacement. 

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Commiserations on missing out on White, really surprised he came back to us. Assumed him going to Tompa was a formality.

There are other FA options for you guys, the Pats sub had pretty much assumed White was gone and we were discussing maybe Duke Johnson or Chris Thompson as his replacement. 

Neither Thompson or Johnson has been able to stay healthy, but wouldn't mind bringing in either to compete for the role. 

There are some good options outside of the 1st round in the draft too. Guys we've already been rumored to be interested in like Felton and Gainwell.