FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If AB does end up resigning before the draft now, I would think focus of the draft would ahve to be on the O-line and D line/OLB.

Unless one of the premier CB's fell to us at 32...

agreed

the more i think about it the more i think i want a DB , even if its Samuel Jr, if they pan out , having a solid 4th DB that can cover would be amazing

and then theres good solid Edge guys like Milton Williams, Sample, Rumph that could be had in the 2nd or a little later 

either way, like you said OL, DL, DB all the way idc what order or who it is those are really the only positions that need strengthening imo

• Like 2

Draft good players next week. If we go CB its because we got lucky and landed a top CB prospect at 32. We know the importance of having quality DB play in Bowles blitz heavy system. Not to mention, having 4 CBs and 2 LBs on the same field would give Bowles more creative blitz packages. So if Newsome is there, wouldnt be mad at it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, indifference said:

Draft good players next week. If we go CB its because we got lucky and landed a top CB prospect at 32. We know the importance of having quality DB play in Bowles blitz heavy system. Not to mention, having 4 CBs and 2 LBs on the same field would give Bowles more creative blitz packages. So if Newsome is there, wouldnt be mad at it

I haven't paid attention to any of the CB prospects. We've just drafted so many the last few years and haven't been able to develop much out of any, that's my only hesitation with drafting more. And I really like Paulsen Adebo. He may slip to 64 or later too. 

1 minute ago, Caaddy24 said:

I haven't paid attention to any of the CB prospects. We've just drafted so many the last few years and haven't been able to develop much out of any, that's my only hesitation with drafting more. And I really like Paulsen Adebo. He may slip to 64 or later too. 

Murphy and Davis are pretty legit CB 

48 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Murphy and Davis are pretty legit CB 

I hope we can make that statement. I haven't been convinced yet. They turned it on in the playoffs, and can make some plays when we're getting pressure on the QB. Need to see more consistency against all offenses throughout the season. CB depth never hurts. I'd still rather get a vet CB free agent or trade though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I hope we can make that statement. I haven't been convinced yet. They turned it on in the playoffs, and can make some plays when we're getting pressure on the QB. Need to see more consistency against all offenses throughout the season. CB depth never hurts. I'd still rather get a vet CB free agent or trade though. 

Carlton Davis was a top 10 CB last year outside the KC game; in terms of ypa, passes defensed, yards allowed, completion percentage, passer rating against, etc.

He does that again in 2021, he's gonna be the highest paid CB in the NFL.

If AB doesn't return soon, wonder if we look at Fitzgerald. There are rumors...

Larry Fitzgerald has talked with Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury, but "nothing has changed" on whether he plans to retire.

A free agent for the first time in his career, 37-year-old Fitzgerald has yet to decide if he'll continue playing. The Cardinals look to have moved on, signing A.J. Green to a one-year, $8 million contract this offseason. Arizona also has Christain Kirk and Andy Isabella as returning options in the slot. Fitzgerald remained effective in a scaled back role last year, posting a 54/409/1 line on 72 targets. There's rumors Fitzgerald could reunite with ex-Cardinals coach Bruce Arians in Tampa.

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If AB doesn't return soon, wonder if we look at Fitzgerald. There are rumors...

Larry Fitzgerald has talked with Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury, but "nothing has changed" on whether he plans to retire.

A free agent for the first time in his career, 37-year-old Fitzgerald has yet to decide if he'll continue playing. The Cardinals look to have moved on, signing A.J. Green to a one-year, $8 million contract this offseason. Arizona also has Christain Kirk and Andy Isabella as returning options in the slot. Fitzgerald remained effective in a scaled back role last year, posting a 54/409/1 line on 72 targets. There's rumors Fitzgerald could reunite with ex-Cardinals coach Bruce Arians in Tampa.

Yikes 

I sure hope not

Fitz can catch anything but idk if he's separating from anyone these days 

On 4/22/2021 at 10:47 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Carlton Davis was a top 10 CB last year outside the KC game; in terms of ypa, passes defensed, yards allowed, completion percentage, passer rating against, etc.

He does that again in 2021, he's gonna be the highest paid CB in the NFL.

I guess it depends how you look at the stats vs the eye tests. He still gets beat a ton and commits too many Penalties. His athleticism hurts him a bit. When Vea returned, that whole defense played fantastic and didn't exactly need to leave Corners on an island. I'd pay Vita before Carlton. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I guess it depends how you look at the stats vs the eye tests. He still gets beat a ton and commits too many Penalties. His athleticism hurts him a bit. When Vea returned, that whole defense played fantastic and didn't exactly need to leave Corners on an island. I'd pay Vita before Carlton. 

Premier League Yes GIF by Liverpool FC

4 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Yikes 

I sure hope not

Fitz can catch anything but idk if he's separating from anyone these days 

I mean, Fitz's game has never been about seperation. His speed was never more than average for a WR. He's just an elite catch guy. His hands are 2nd to none, will out muscle almost anyone and can out jump/highpoint better than CBs. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat and he'd likely come pretty cheap. He'd be an awesome leader and addition to the locker room too.

18 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I mean, Fitz's game has never been about seperation. His speed was never more than average for a WR. He's just an elite catch guy. His hands are 2nd to none, will out muscle almost anyone and can out jump/highpoint better than CBs. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat and he'd likely come pretty cheap. He'd be an awesome leader and addition to the locker room too.

Ehh, Fitz wouldn't fit in our offense. AB had vertical ability. Honestly, all of our receivers do. Adding Fitz just wouldn't work especially at his age. If he retires, hire him on though :) 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Ehh, Fitz wouldn't fit in our offense. AB had vertical ability. Honestly, all of our receivers do. Adding Fitz just wouldn't work especially at his age. If he retires, hire him on though :) 

I agree. The way I see it is the WR3 spot is between AB and Tyler Johnson. You can still sign Fitz for his lockeroom presence, but I don’t him have a larger role than say Shady McCoy last year