FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

8 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Ehh, Fitz wouldn't fit in our offense. AB had vertical ability. Honestly, all of our receivers do. Adding Fitz just wouldn't work especially at his age. If he retires, hire him on though :) 

He'd fit. He played in the BA system before just fine.

We wouldn't be signing him to replace AB, he'd be more of a 4th WR type at this point.

With that said, I think it's AB or none...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Would you guys sign Mitch Schwartz for cheap as a swing tackle. Don’t play him until week 8 and get some valuable depth down the line. If no one signs him, why not

i would wait on making any moves until like pre season. Think Bucs will be OK with Hainsey and Stinnie off the bench though.

4 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Would you guys sign Mitch Schwartz for cheap as a swing tackle. Don’t play him until week 8 and get some valuable depth down the line. If no one signs him, why not

Doubt we pursue given how tight we will be now up against the cap once the rookies are signed.

We have Josh Wells assigned to the swing tackle spot currently and given how he played last year when he was pressed in for D Smith for a game, I think they're okay with it. Plus, we now have good interior O-line depth with Stinnie and Hainsey, so I doubt we look to add.

Schwartz was said to be considering retirement, so it may take a good chunk of change to sway him anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Heard they're both excellent ST guys, which is how I think they'll have to make this roster. 

Agreed, punt coverage was very mediocre last season.  Saints have a huge advantage in the punt gane.  Need to close the gap.  Let Jameis play with a long field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Bad idea would think him getting reps in pre season and TC would be beneficial long term. Hope this doesnt change that

We run two practice fields. He'll get reps outside of games.

I'd guess we don't want him to play during the season.