FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

9 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

If we lost the Super Bowl or any game in the playoffs, do you guys think they'd be more inclined to keep everyone for sure? I mean does winning it change anything there?

It has to, right? If we lost, we'd need to figure out why and make changes. Which would probably be new starter(s).

Now we need to find depth and keep as many starters as possible.

29 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It has to, right? If we lost, we'd need to figure out why and make changes. Which would probably be new starter(s).

Now we need to find depth and keep as many starters as possible.

Just like the coaching staff, they performed with everything on the line.  Of course, decisions change based on results.

I was leading the charge to run Bowles out of town if they lost to the Saints.  He made me look like a fool and I am thrilled.

I think what we learned is Vita Vea is vital piece on defense, the 2nd yr guys grew up, and damn Licht should be the envy of the league getting Wirfs and Winfield back to back.

55 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I was leading the charge to run Bowles out of town if they lost to the Saints.  He made me look like a fool and I am thrilled.

I think what we learned is Vita Vea is vital piece on defense, the 2nd yr guys grew up, and damn Licht should be the envy of the league getting Wirfs and Winfield back to back.

YUP to the bolded, wanted Bowles GONE

but i can admit that he did a damn good job and proved us all wrong , and at the best possible time 

too many ppl nowadays cant admit they were wrong , I'll eat crow all day, AND NOW WE GOT ANOTHER SUPERBOWL RING BABY , MORE THAN ANY OF THE REST OF OUR RIVALS IN THE NFC SOUTH,  fantastic job by Bowles to turn it around

maybe he was just playing with us and saving the good stuff for when it mattered lol

Also, Licht has done a phenomenal job drafting ever since he became GM

even in the down years i still felt like there was a plan and i could see why we drafted guys where we did

where as previous GMs like Dominik were just all over the place, pissing me off constantly on draft day

Licht deserves so much praise for his ability to maneuver around the salary cap (whether that be the staff he put together or whatnot) , having us in amazing financial spots year in and year out AND his ability to draft

• Like 1

Godwin, Barrett and David need to be resigned and then we can take a view with Brown and Fournette. 

I expect the two of them will get big offers from elsewhere during FA, but I think Fournette will take a discount to stay here for next season. Brown, I wouldn’t sign for much more than the vet minimum because I like what we’ve got in Miller and Johnson.

My best guess right now for FA:

-Resigned

-Shaq

-Godwin

-David

-Suh

-Gronk

-Wells

-Adams

-Succop

-NACHO

-Minter

-Cockrell

-Signed-

-Burkhead

- Jordan Jenkins

I expect Pinion to be cut or take a pay cut.  I believe Jenkins will be a 1 yr prove it deal because his production cratered last season.  I think OJ will stay over Brate, which is ashame, but they can t keep both.

Edited by ravishingone

15 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

I think Fournette will take a discount to stay here for next season. Brown, I wouldn’t sign for much more than the vet minimum because I like what we’ve got in Miller and Johnson.

Don't think we'll see Lenny back. Being a RB and coming off playoff success, this is probably his last chance to get a multi year, or at least bigger gauranteed money payday. Plus, BA said in an interview recently they were on verge of cutting Lenny in December (week 14) until he accepted his role. Think the coaches and FO want to get a better look at what they have behind RoJo in Vaughn...

Agree on Antonio Brown. Not giving a 33 year old WR with his history anything significant year or gaurantee wise. Love that we have guys in line ready to plug in too with TJ and Miller...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Don't think we'll see Lenny back. Being a RB and coming off playoff success, this is probably his last chance to get a multi year, or at least bigger gauranteed money payday. Plus, BA said in an interview recently they were on verge of cutting Lenny in December (week 14) until he accepted his role. Think the coaches and FO want to get a better look at what they have behind RoJo in Vaughn...

Agree on Antonio Brown. Not giving a 33 year old WR with his history anything significant year or gaurantee wise. Love that we have guys in line ready to plug in too with TJ and Miller...

Indeed, you cannot spend a significant number on AB. Much more wise to pay Godwin instead. 

Even if he behaves properly, you never know what will come out of his trial, which should take place during next season. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yeah, it’s a business decision for Fournette at this stage because how many more big contracts will he get at 26 and will his stock be higher next year at 27 than it is now? I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s back, but that depends on how important money is to him.

I like Vaughn, but wouldn’t be surprised if we draft another RB or bring in a lower priced vet in FA if we can’t bring Fournette back.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

yeah, after I saw the article on Lenny this morning, I pretty much counted him out (barring him taking the same deal he did this year)

and honestly, if we just get a pass catching back to spell Rojo we will be in great shape anyway

I think we've seen that Rojo just cannot for the life of him catch footballs , which in turn makes him a 2 down back but he is very effective between the tackles

Mike Davis would be great if we cant get James White (who looks to be interested in Green bay apparently)

or any back in the draft really (Etienne, Hubbard, Felton,  to name a few)

and unless Rojo figures it out in a major way in 21 i doubt we keep him moving forward

you just cant pay RBs anymore, its terrible because I feel like RBs are the backbones of teams at times but they just shouldnt get mega deals (if anything RBs need to lobby the Players Union into making their deals a little more lucrative early on since the position is so undervalued, but thats another matter)

Godwin & David are the guys I REALLY want resigned, home grown guys with outstanding character, they deserve to get backed by this organization

then Suh imo

then Shaq...lol I've made my position on him clear but thats not to say I dont want him back , I just like the other guys more

Also, theres no way AB comes back right?? I mean, we just cant afford him, unless its a low vet min contract with incentives again, and unless he's all in on the BradyTrain for another year, then he's gone. And I SINCERELY doubt he takes another cheap deal with his ego. AND I love Miller & TJ. But you never know, maybe AB really does value his relationship with Brady enough to stay for cheap.

5 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I like Vaughn, but wouldn’t be surprised if we draft another RB or bring in a lower priced vet in FA if we can’t bring Fournette back.

Vaughn really killed himself with terribly timed fumbles all year

even got him kicked out of the playoffs because we made him inactive

he was the most iffy pick of the draft last year and he's going to have to fight for a spot in 21 regardless of if Lenny leaves

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Vaughn really killed himself with terribly timed fumbles all year

even got him kicked out of the playoffs because we made him inactive

he was the most iffy pick of the draft last year and he's going to have to fight for a spot in 21 regardless of if Lenny leaves

I don t think Vaughn is out of the picture going fwd.  He had 2 fumbles.  Against the Bears he got destroyed on  a shallow cross against cover 2 where Brady led him right into the defender.  Pretty much every receiver fumbles that ball.  The second against WFT was his mistake.

He s already ahead of Rojo s rookie production.  A full offseason (he was on the covid list) now being eligible to work out in the Brady passing camps.

My gut feeling with the cap is they want to spend as little as possible on the cap.  Basically, for that reason Vaughn has to be part of the equation.  He can t offer less then McCoy did this past season.