FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

This should be the most boring free agency we’ve seen lately and I’m all for it. 

Just keep the team together. Defer a lot of the cap hit to 2022 where the cap should go up and we have a lot of space. Who cares if you make Mike Evans contract to where he can never be cut with deferring his cap hit cuz he should retire a Buc.

As long as Licht doesn’t completely wreck his contract structure model to keep this team together and we keep drafting well, I think it sets the team up really well to make a move for a rookie QB or trade for somebody in 3-5 years when Brady retires. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

This should be the most boring free agency we’ve seen lately and I’m all for it. 

For us maybe. But league wise, I can't wait. Going to be a lot of moves. Interested to see how the Saints some how manage to get under the cap again..

26 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Shaq gonna get paid.  I do think the chance of David leaving has increased.  I know different position, but David as an over 30 has been healthier and as productive.

They overpaid to get him to come there. He had multiple offers from playoff teams. He's not worth that kind of cash. He's still very effective, but not the game wrecker he used to be. Plus, he's never healthy.

Convinced now we're loosing one of Shaq or David to FA. They're both going to command top dollar.

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

They overpaid to get him to come there. He had multiple offers from playoff teams. He's not worth that kind of cash. He's still very effective, but not the game wrecker he used to be. Plus, he's never healthy.

Convinced now we're loosing one of Shaq or David to FA. They're both going to command top dollar.

Of course AZ over paid, that s why I agree with you about Shaq or Lavonte possibly leaving.  They already one have  a ring.  I think Lavonte made a total of 50 million on his last contract.  A team guarantees him 30 million, is he willing to take less to stay?  Hard to say.  ILB is pretty much Lavonte and KJ Wright and then a drop off.   Shaq s career earnings are a tad under 26 million.  I do wonder how valuable in the mkt other teams value Shaq to other pass rushers.  There are a good amount on the mkt.  Not suggesting he won t get paid, but there are decent options out there.  I like Shaq and I want to see him get paid, but I m okay if he resets the mkt without the Bucs.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Kyle Van Noy released by the Fins.  Lavonte grew up in Miami.  Stay tuned.  🤔

If i were Miami, I'd offer all 3 first round picks+ a 2nd + Tua  to get Deshaun Watson

they also have money so id definitely try and sign David or a big WR

Miami is looking good as it is already , im a big fan of how they became contenders last year , they are trending in the right direction

after the JJ Watt deal i have completely given up on resigning Shaq, he'll get more money than Watt for sure

i'm also scared to see how Devin would do without David, Devin is a star, but alot of times when he did over pursue , David would always be there to clean up, or put him in the right positions