FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

1] I think we're going to work on a long term agreement with Barrett. We were looking at it last off-season, but both sides were hesitant at the time coming off the 1 year monster year. He's shown it wasn't just an anomaly and I thin we're comfortable committing to him now.

2] I think Godwin gets the franchise tag. It'll be around $16M. He's got some things to prove (that the drop issues were just a rough patch and that he can stay healthy) now.

Everyone else is a question mark at this point...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

White will be 29 with a cap hit of 4.5 million.  Doubtful he ll get a pay raise in FA.  Definitely think he is in play.

If they sign a RB in FA, no need to draft a RB until day 3.  Vaughn was effective.  Yeah, he needs ball security, but that can be taught.

I think either NACHO or McClendon gets signed, but not both.  Curious to see if there will be any possible ring chasers.  Maybe a Ryan Kerrigan or Aldon Smith as an example?

My depth chart at OLB heading into the draft - JPP, Shaq, Kerrigan, Nelson, Gill-  never under estimate the Brady effect on the vet who made his money and just wants to win.

I’d love to have Kerrigan or Smith for pennies. Keep JPP fresh, and have depth. Injuries are part of the game and we were lucky we did not have many major ones besides Vita.

I for sure see a couple vet pickups ring chasing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Its going to be interesting how they maneuver around this Cap, so many Future Stars are going to need to get paid in the future (Godwin this year, Vea, White)

FA KEEPS

Succop needs to be back FOR SURE

Godwin shouldnt go anywhere

should find a way to keep Shaq

Cant let David go anwhere

Dont know

would love to keep SUH

idk about Fournette he'll get alot more if he goes elsewhere

i honestly dont even want AB back unless he stays taking cheap deals

New FAs

i wonder which FA we can attract? 

Since James White is a FA that has to be a lock but you never know, but it is the only thing we really missed on offense this year

Definitely need a new Punter

I agree we need to draft a new punter or sign someone. Guy is average but we can really get a guy with a boot would help pinning teams back.

Ok so we have 38 Millions estimated

Id say 13 to shaq, 13 to godwin and maybe 12-14 for david is kinda expected to me

which takes all of that cap away,

Now if we can back load evans, and smiths contracts we can maybe get 10-15 more million for suh and gronk plus one or two ring chasers.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Ok so we have 38 Millions estimated

Id say 13 to shaq, 13 to godwin and maybe 12-14 for david is kinda expected to me

which takes all of that cap away,

Now if we can back load evans, and smiths contracts we can maybe get 10-15 more million for suh and gronk plus one or two ring chasers.

You got to factor in like 8-10 million for the rookie class too...

To be honest, with Jason Lichts history of finding LB's and WR's in the draft, i feel they prioritize Barrett first and pay him. Edge rushers are valuable and since you have Gronk coming back at a discount, Evans already locked up and promising Miller and Johnson, you go and Lock up barrett bc i don't think they can find that in the draft in FA. he will cost more than 13 million. 

I hate to say it but we have to prepare to lose David or Godwin. It'll be a miracle to keep them both but both will get paid on the market, especially godwin. 

I can see Suh retiring. He's spent the last 4 years signing one year deals to get to the SB and win the trophy. Now he's won it, he may call it quits. 

Its no secret Gronk won't play with any other QB unless it's TB12. He'll be back regardless. 

let barrett get paid somewhere else. he disappeared when vita was out. i don't think the dropoff will be huge to the next guy as long as they have vita up front. besides, just way too much money. david >>> shaq.

- restructure Evans
- restructure or cut Donovan
- cut Brate
- let Godwin go
- let Shaq go
- let Lenny go
- resign Suh
- resign AB 
- resign David
- resign Gronk
- resign Succop
- sign James White
- draft tackle, edge, corner

0% chance Shaq leaves

Guy was a force since we signed him 2 years ago. He will get a long term contract. BA has said this many times in PCs that he plans to make him part of the future. Him and Godwin I’ve heard our coach say they want back. Only player I’m concerned that maybe not back is Lavonte David. He is 31, and the coach has not been speaking about his future. He may have and I just missed it but Shaq & Godwin are priorities. Would be sad to see 54 go at his age I think Bucs can work a deal out. Evans, Brady, Don Smith extensions will help with the cap. Gronk and Brate will take paycuts too