Fixing the front 7 Mock

Sllim Pickens

10 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

on top of his resume of top pick. hasnt lived up to it. plus i want to see him as number one for a bit before bringing him in. I think he struggles without a guy like Henry and AJ taking the main focus.

I 10000% agree with you but every year you know someone overpays for a player and I feel like that will be davis this yr 

14 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

on top of his resume of top pick. hasnt lived up to it. plus i want to see him as number one for a bit before bringing him in. I think he struggles without a guy like Henry and AJ taking the main focus.

Sportrac has KG's Market Value at 17M and Davis at 9M.  My guess is he is in the 7-9 range which is about what he has earned from what he has shown.  Curtis Samuel has a market value of 12M, which shows the difference in slightly more production.  I don't think Davis is the long term answer at WR1.  In this mock I signed two WR2s and hope that Moore can step up or we can draft one next year.  Maybe Robinson and Moore are enough along with Davis to be a very solid core with Cephus as a 4th option.  The fact is we can't fill all of our holes with stars, so we need to find potential in our free agent signings as well as our rookies instead of paying for production alone or we won't be able to sign anyone. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Sportrac has KG's Market Value at 17M and Davis at 9M.  My guess is he is in the 7-9 range which is about what he has earned from what he has shown.  Curtis Samuel has a market value of 12M, which shows the difference in slightly more production.  I don't think Davis is the long term answer at WR1.  In this mock I signed two WR2s and hope that Moore can step up or we can draft one next year.  Maybe Robinson and Moore are enough along with Davis to be a very solid core with Cephus as a 4th option.  The fact is we can't fill all of our holes with stars, so we need to find potential in our free agent signings as well as our rookies instead of paying for production alone or we won't be able to sign anyone. 

I don't think a #1 WR is always necessary. If you have three quality performers at WR, you can get away without having a #1.

• Like 1