No Theme Mafia - It's now Night Four - Submit moves.

Dome

Just now, MWil23 said:

Some roles make less sense to claim out of the blue. Watcher is absolutely one of them. 

I get that.   I think that is more a Counselor thing.   I just don't see the upside of him doing so if he is scum.   The gamble that he is the town watcher and by voting him out, you would be helping scum in a big way......which has me leaning that you are in fact scum.

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

I get that.   I think that is more a Counselor thing.   I just don't see the upside of him doing so if he is scum.   The gamble that he is the town watcher and by voting him out, you would be helping scum in a big way......which has me leaning that you are in fact scum.

Another person with a brain

46 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@Daniel, @MWil23

can you elaborate on why you are voting for Counselor, who claimed watcher?

It doesn't make sense for him to do that as town.  Maybe he has reason to believe he was tracked, or the scum have a role that can determine abilities, and they knew Swag was watcher.

I just can't make sense of him claiming a power role for no reason.

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

And as for why I claimed one day 1 (I thought I quoted that too, and I'm not going back for it), it's a role that is only useful if scum visit you first.  I figured that was unlikely, so I instead outted myself so townies would know not to target me.  I said as much when I claimed, and made sure I did it late in, but far enough away from the deadline for everyone to see.

Just now, Daniel said:

It doesn't make sense for him to do that as town.  Maybe he has reason to believe he was tracked, or the scum have a role that can determine abilities, and they knew Swag was watcher.

And he's being generally uncooperative about defending himself.  Which I also don't like.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I can see your point on it.  I just see it as more how Counselor plays vs how others play.  I am just not willing to take the risk that he is the town watcher and do scum a favor and eliminate him vs them having to hit him

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And as for why I claimed one day 1 (I thought I quoted that too, and I'm not going back for it), it's a role that is only useful if scum visit you first.  I figured that was unlikely, so I instead outted myself so townies would know not to target me.  I said as much when I claimed, and made sure I did it late in, but far enough away from the deadline for everyone to see.

Correct, and at some point, you almost need to be a policy elimination to ensure that you are not fake claiming PGO

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Correct, and at some point, you almost need to be a policy elimination to ensure that you are not fake claiming PGO

That's fine if there aren't better options.  I don't bring anything useful to the table ability-wise.

I'm fine leaving Counselor for another day, but trying to lynch Nacho again seems really foolish.  There's no upside there IMO.

I can understand the suspicion around Daniel but I could see PGO if the game is what I originally suspected. He claimed it on day 1 too, a bold claim considering gopher's soft.

Meanwhile, Orca hasn't claimed. Probably started out as vig and killed Swag. Or or Bad Guy if the game actually started with those. Pretty confident in that.

I'm going back and forth whether Pickle's claimed ability is scum or not.