C Corey Linsley 

DE Carl Lawson

CB Akhello Witherspoon

QB CJ Beatherd

FB Kyle Juszczyk

WR Kendrick Bourne

WR Curtis Samuel

K Ryan Succop

Trade: Jets Trade QB Sam Darnold and 2021 4th round pick to the Colts for their 2021 1st round pick

R1: Zach Wilson QB BYU

R1: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah OLB ND

R1: Jalen Mayfield OL Michigan

R2: Carlos Basham DE Wake Forest

R3: Hunter Long TE Boston College

R3: Trey Sermon RB Ohio State

R5: Amari Rodgers WR Clemson

R5: TuTu Atwell WR/RS Louisville

R6: Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky 

Depth Chart:

QB: Wilson, Beatherd, Morgan

RB: Johnson, Perine, Sermon, Adams 

FB: Juice

WR: Samuel, Mims, Bourne, Smith, Rodgers, Berrios, Atwell

TE: Herndon, Long, Wesco

LT: Becton

LG: McGovern, Elf

😄 Linsley, Andrews

RG: Mayfield, Clark

RT: Fant, Edoga

LE: JFM, Basham

NT: Foley, Shep

DT: Williams, Phillips

RE: Lawson, Huff

SAM: Hewitt, Cashman

MIKE: Mosley, Peanut

WILL: JOK, Langi

CB: Witherspoon, Hall, Poole, Austin, Maulet, Jackson, Guidry

FS: Maye, Fairley

SS: Davis, Hampton

LS: Henny

P: Mann

K: Succop

RS: Berrios vs Atwell

PR DL: Basham-JFM-Q-Lawson

Your free agency looks well thought out as most of the players are good fits for our team schematically. Not sure how I feel about cutting Crowder though.

I always take a back sit with some people’s expectations of FA, but this seems reasonable. They all seem like guys JD and the coaching would want and they fit within our cap space (did some back of the envelop checks on your adds and reductions).

If we are able to get a 1st for Sam even with a 4th added in, I think we have to say good bye. The Colts are a good spot for him.

I like it. Nice work. I don’t know everyone you have us drafting. So I’ll have to check some of the out.

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

I like it. I would rather a CB in rd. 3 rather than TE. Also Adams is a FA and I did not see his name on the resign list. I also believe iOL to be a bit more of a need than OT, but I would not get upset with OT. 

My view as that they want to develop the OL to be a strength long term take Mayfield who can play G or RT start him at RG till either Cam Clark is ready to step in or if you decide to move of from Fant....or just keep him at RG

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

My view as that they want to develop the OL to be a strength long term take Mayfield who can play G or RT start him at RG till either Cam Clark is ready to step in or if you decide to move of from Fant....or just keep him at RG

I feel better. I like Mayfield as a prospect but I did not know he could be used as OG. Versatility along the OL is important. 

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Lawsons been an underrated star at Cincy and I think he’s be a better scheme fit than Hendrickson

I will defer to your judgement because I have not really seen either play. But based on Sacks alone, 13.5 from Trey vs. 5.5 from Lawson is impressive on Trey’s part.  He just seems like the better young option.

Cincy also has $37M in cap space. If Carl is as good as you say, wouldn’t they want to keep him?  NO can’t resign Trey. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Overall probably pretty realistic but I must say not a fan of the WR or CB depth charts.  Need more there.

Ya that WR room looks rough. And I don’t think JD is stupid to draft a new QB and give him a WR room like that. Guys pissing into the wind like the last few young QBs we’ve drafted. It’s arguably a worse WR room than we had this year with starters. Just better depth. 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Overall probably pretty realistic but I must say not a fan of the WR or CB depth charts.  Need more there.

CB I’ll admit I’m taking the risk on guys taking Jumps but I think with an improved pass rush and the Additon of JOK and Mosley returning I think will help tremendously. WR though Samuel is an up grade imo and Bourne is a I think can excel in a place he can get more targets(here for example) through in Mims who I think is gonna ball with a healthy offseason. I think a big problem is guys expect us to sign all these bug name offensive studs to come in and completely change our offense when I just don’t see that happening. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya that WR room looks rough. And I don’t think JD is stupid to draft a new QB and give him a WR room like that. Guys pissing into the wind like the last few young QBs we’ve drafted. It’s arguably a worse WR room than we had this year with starters. Just better depth. 

What lmao how is this worse than the WR room we had this past year?

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

CB I’ll admit I’m taking the risk on guys taking Jumps but I think with an improved pass rush and the Additon of JOK and Mosley returning I think will help tremendously. WR though Samuel is an up grade imo and Bourne is a I think can excel in a place he can get more targets(here for example) through in Mims who I think is gonna ball with a healthy offseason. I think a big problem is guys expect us to sign all these bug name offensive studs to come in and completely change our offense when I just don’t see that happening. 

Samuel is a slight upgrade but not some huge improvement.  Crowder is a really good slot WR.  I think we can do better than Bourne.  I think Mims will ball too but Bourne and a few late round WRs isn't moving the needle on an already poor WR room.

We really need to sign a solid WR and use a top 100 selection on one too.  Enough is enough when it comes to helping our young QB.  If we are making a splash signing at DE no need for a round 2 edge rusher.  Take a weapon for our QB there.

It's time to prioritize offense.  We can use FA some this year to plug a few big holes and fix the defense more next year after we have an offense.

Edited by Rockice_8