What I think happens

4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

What lmao how is this worse than the WR room we had this past year?

Crowder is better than Samuel IMO. If he's not... they are darn close. So I don't see that as an upgrade.

And a healthy Perriman is better than Bourne IMO. And same as above... if you don't think he is. They're pretty close.

So the starting cast is the same or IMO worse. And as I said... the depth is better with 2 more rookies drafted later in the draft. But they're exactly that... depth. Not better weapons for the starting QB.

My point being is that STARTING WRS need to be upgrade AND add depth. In this offseason I see you adding depth, but not making the starting cast better.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Crowder is better than Samuel IMO. If he's not... they are darn close. So I don't see that as an upgrade.

And a healthy Perriman is better than Bourne IMO. And same as above... if you don't think he is. They're pretty close.

So the starting cast is the same or IMO worse. And as I said... the depth is better with 2 more rookies drafted later in the draft. But they're exactly that... depth. Not better weapons for the starting QB.

My point being is that STARTING WRS need to be upgrade AND add depth. In this offseason I see you adding depth, but not making the starting cast better.

I agree here. We have to get a good WR and Samuel is not that. He is a WR 3 and a very weak WR 2. I think with all those 1st round picks you have to walk away with either D. Smith or Chase. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree here. We have to get a good WR and Samuel is not that. He is a WR 3 and a very weak WR 2. I think with all those 1st round picks you have to walk away with either D. Smith or Chase. 

Exactly. He was the 3 at CAR. To think he can come here and be a star WR I think is very optimistic.

We have to read between the lines sometimes. JD admitted that not bringing back Robby was a mistake. He knows the lack of depth at WR was an issue as well. He knew that Perriman wasn't enough for us at WR. I also think people cant think he doesn't know what is going on in the league. He see's his old PHI team he left, struggling bad at WR bc they didn't value them. He's a smart GM and I think learns from this.

So typically I'd say he doesn't value WR. But I think with all the things that add up he will big time value it this offseason. I expect a more legit FA WR than the likes of Samuel and Bourne to be signed in FA as well as a valuable pick in the draft to be used on a guy. At bare minimum. 

I like Atwell and Rodgers a lot but not both of them as our top WRs drafted.  As much as I love edge I can't see us going OLB and DE with two of those top 4.  I think Toney and Rodgers/Atwell then Basham and later round DE is better balance.

10 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Don't look at his sack numbers.  Lawson is a special edge rusher 

Here are some numbers: 

Henrickson   Lawson

Total Tackles 25              36
Solo Tackles  22              18
TFL                 12               4
Sacks             13.5            5.5

Again I have not really seen them play, but Henrickson kind of stands out. What did Lawson do that would suggest he could be a good EDGE? Did he have a high pressure rate?  Was he always around the ball?  Was he double teamed a lot?

Looking at Lawsons numbers only (not good, I know) he is not even as good as Jenkins was in 2019. Based off this scant info, if he wants to come to the Jets for a Jenkins like contract, great but I can really use some more data based opinions as the why he should be our number 1 EDGE choice. I thirst for knowledge. 

27 minutes ago, xrade said:

Here are some numbers: 

Henrickson   Lawson

Total Tackles 25              36
Solo Tackles  22              18
TFL                 12               4
Sacks             13.5            5.5

Again I have not really seen them play, but Henrickson kind of stands out. What did Lawson do that would suggest he could be a good EDGE? Did he have a high pressure rate?  Was he always around the ball?  Was he double teamed a lot?

Looking at Lawsons numbers only (not good, I know) he is not even as good as Jenkins was in 2019. Based off this scant info, if he wants to come to the Jets for a Jenkins like contract, great but I can really use some more data based opinions as the why he should be our number 1 EDGE choice. I thirst for knowledge. 

Yes his pressure rate was crazy high.

Here's what I think happens, the Texan's #$%&*#!@ on draft capitol this year and keep a disgruntled Watson.

The Jets trade Darnold to SF for next years 1st round pick and some players this year from SF's squad.

The Jets draft down and pick up more draft capitol from Atlanta (4th pick, Second round pick, and next years 2nd rounder)

The Jets move down again, picking up more draft cap with Philidelphia Jets get the 6th pick in the draft, the second pick this year, next years 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The Jets wind up with Both their 1st rounders(6th and 23rd, their own 2nd rounder, Atlanta's 2nd rounder and the Eagles 2nd rounder, along with their own 3rd, and Seahawks 3rd rounder, their own 4,5,5,6th. If I'm not mistaken.

6 picks in the first 100 picks for 2020

2021 Their own 1st, Seattles 1st, the Darnold Trade 1st rounder, their own 2nd rounder, the Falcons 2nd rounder, the Eagles 2nd rounder, their own 3rd rounder, the Eagles 3rd rounder, 4, 5, 6,6,7 If I'm not mistaken.

So 3 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, 5,5, 7, I think.

So that's 8 picks in the first 100

If at this time Houston wants to deal, the Jets have already used up the draft capitol for 2021, and would have ample draft capitol to make a run at Watson.

Sounds mighty good to me.

Should Watson be dealt somewhere else, the Jets are sitting on a gold mine of draft picks.

12 hours ago, Big T said:

Here's what I think happens, the Texan's #$%&*#!@ on draft capitol this year and keep a disgruntled Watson.

The Jets trade Darnold to SF for next years 1st round pick and some players this year from SF's squad.

The Jets draft down and pick up more draft capitol from Atlanta (4th pick, Second round pick, and next years 2nd rounder)

The Jets move down again, picking up more draft cap with Philidelphia Jets get the 6th pick in the draft, the second pick this year, next years 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The Jets wind up with Both their 1st rounders(6th and 23rd, their own 2nd rounder, Atlanta's 2nd rounder and the Eagles 2nd rounder, along with their own 3rd, and Seahawks 3rd rounder, their own 4,5,5,6th. If I'm not mistaken.

6 picks in the first 100 picks for 2020

2021 Their own 1st, Seattles 1st, the Darnold Trade 1st rounder, their own 2nd rounder, the Falcons 2nd rounder, the Eagles 2nd rounder, their own 3rd rounder, the Eagles 3rd rounder, 4, 5, 6,6,7 If I'm not mistaken.

So 3 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, 5,5, 7, I think.

So that's 8 picks in the first 100

If at this time Houston wants to deal, the Jets have already used up the draft capitol for 2021, and would have ample draft capitol to make a run at Watson.

Sounds mighty good to me.

Should Watson be dealt somewhere else, the Jets are sitting on a gold mine of draft picks.

Who would be the QB?? Joe Flacco?? I think if you drop to 8 you will miss out on Fields, Wilson and T Law. You might even miss out on Lance so you are banking on Trask or Jones. You would have to go with Jones in this situation. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Who would be the QB?? Joe Flacco?? I think if you drop to 8 you will miss out on Fields, Wilson and T Law. You might even miss out on Lance so you are banking on Trask or Jones. You would have to go with Jones in this situation. 

I would be okay with Jones, especially in light of the fact that in 2022 the Jets would be knee deep in draft picks. This in the event that Texas decides to skip this year and hold on to Watson or decide to trade with the Jets during the 2021 season even if they should lose out on this years picks.

Another possibility for the Jets would be Dak Prescott, he will be a FA if Dallas doesn't apply the franchise tag to him. Dallas if they have on intention of signing him could trade him to the Jets for the 2nd pick in the draft.

The Jets have the cap space to sign him long term, just give up the 2nd pick especially in light of the fact that Dallas could lose him to FA with nothing in return. They  are 18 million under the cap and have to sign other FA on the team.

I'd say there somewhat in a difficult situation.