The Trade Chat Thread πŸ”„

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Plus Richard, Heath, Joyner, Tyrell Williams, and any other player we do not want to bring back next year.Β Β 

We could probably get some value for Richard, Heath and Joyner, but it wouldn't be much at all.Β  You're right though, might as well get rid of them because I know we don't really need them or want them back.Β  I can't see Williams getting us anything after two years of being injured.

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We could probably get some value for Richard, Heath and Joyner, but it wouldn't be much at all.Β  You're right though, might as well get rid of them because I know we don't really need them or want them back.Β  I can't see Williams getting us anything after two years of being injured.

Williams is the one I would try to restructure for very little and hopefully he stays healthy.Β  He is the type of WR wouldΒ compliment Ruggs, Edwards, and Waller.Β  If we bring him back for peanuts it is not a big deal if he goes down again.Β  If he refuses then you try to trade him and cut him if you can not.Β  If healthy he is a valuable asset that opens up some things for our red-zone offense.Β  He was the missing piece in our offense in that regard this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Williams is the one I would try to restructure for very little and hopefully he stays healthy.Β  He is the type of WR wouldΒ compliment Ruggs, Edwards, and Waller.Β  If we bring him back for peanuts it is not a big deal if he goes down again.Β  If he refuses then you try to trade him and cut him if you can not.Β  If healthy he is a valuable asset that opens up some things for our red-zone offense.Β  He was the missing piece in our offense in that regard this year.

We'll see what happens.Β  Just don't know if he can stay healthy.

• Like 1

I was just about to post a message asking what everyone thought Mariota’s trade value is in the Around the League Thread.

After the hot rumor of the Raiders possibly being interested in trading Carr to get picks to package for Watson seems to have fizzled out,Β the new talking point that Mariota is the QB the Raiders are looking to trade

So.....

what Mariota’s trade value? Β What team(s) do you see wanting to trade for him and what do you think the trade would be?

Β 

I admit I don’t have anything but biased opinion to base my guesstimate on.... but I think Mariota could bring back as low as a 4th round pick and as high as a 3rd. Β A few months ago I thought it would be less, if anything at all, but there seems to be some momentum behind MM’s trade value. Β 

I could see the Patriots being the most likely team to trade for him. Β He’d be a good fit there as a cheap (10M), stop gap starting QB. Β I can’t see BB just draft a QB and do the typical rebuild, as he hates losing too much AND as petty as it seems Brady just won a title without him so it’d be brutal to have another losing season in NE. Β I totally can see BB bring In Mariota or Jimmy G, once he’s cut by SF, and try to make a run with them. Β The narrative today is β€œBrady won a championshipΒ without it Bill,Β who went 7-9 and no playoffs” but if BelichickΒ would win a title With Mariota or Jimmy G that totally flips the narrative.

the only problem with that trade idea is as I said earlier, the Pats will likely go after Jimmy G once he’s cut from SF. Β He’s a better QB than Mariota and was Belichick’s replacement for Brady only a few years ago. Β Why trade for Mariota if you can sign Jimmy G? Β The only reason would be the price. Β Mariota would only cost 10M and even after a bad season Jimmy G would cost more.

since it’s NE I don’t suspect we’d come out saying β€œwe got great compensation”. Β They always are shrewd negotiators, so I’d guess we’d get a 5th, maybe at 4th

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

In theory your right it would make perfect sense to try and convinceΒ Williams to take a 2-3M salary and incentives to make up to anotherΒ $3-5M. Β  If he could stay healthy he’s actually be a better (and cheaper) for then res-signing Nelson Agholor. Β Agholor could be replaced by Ruggs and TW gives us that bigger WR yet can get downfield with Speed. Β 
Β 

but..... I’m reality:

i Hate to over analyze a playersΒ IG activity likeΒ Β β€œOMG... DariusΒ Β Slay just added Trayvon Mullen AND Amik Robertson on Instagram and liked one of their photos!”... but as soon as he went on IR TW removed all photos and bio mentions of the Raiders. Β 
I believe (could be wrong) players who go on IR In the preseason usually don’t stay connected to the team while rehabbing, their not coming into the office every day or traveling with the team. Β I think removing the IG link to the Raiders was an emotional response to something. Β Why would he do that? Β He wouldn’t if he was happy with the team, rooting them on. To me at least, it’s very plausible that the team wanted him to play thru the pain, as he said he would try to Initially but then he couldn’t/wouldn’t do it and pushed to go to IR. Β Maybe we told him that’s the end of his time here now and he got heated and removed us or maybe he just realized what’s inevitable and reasonable to assume and mentally separated from us in order to push himself to rehab and come back strong. Β Either way it looks to me like something triggered the Ig removals. Β That said if something like that happened I think the chances of him restructuring to team favorable termsΒ and returning is low to non existent. Β Often players and teams have different viewpoints. Β The team sees it as he hasn’t earned what we’ve paid him and wants him to prove his worth with a restructure while the player always believes he’s worth more then he is really worth and sees it as injuries are part of the game and a chance teams take.... he’s the one with the injury trying to help the team.

Although It makes tons of sense I just don’t see it as being a likely scenario to happen. Β If we did go that route it’s not THAT big a risk because Ruggs would hopefully replace Agholor, who had a great season but only had 43 catches so it’s not like Ruggs has to replace 90 catches and Edwards should replace the role Williams was suppose to have. Β We’d likely HAVE to hedge out bets against Williams getting hurt again and bring in a quality 3rd outside WR. Β 
Β 

Overall though I think it’s not likely and the risk is too much assuming Agholor can be retained at a reasonable rate of 7-8M per. Β But if Agholor wants more then that, and it’s not unrealistic for him to have one team offer him 9-10+M then the Williams restructure to return scenario becomes a lot more enticing, if it’s possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I was just about to post a message asking what everyone thought Mariota’s trade value is in the Around the League Thread.

After the hot rumor of the Raiders possibly being interested in trading Carr to get picks to package for Watson seems to have fizzled out,Β the new talking point that Mariota is the QB the Raiders are looking to trade

So.....

what Mariota’s trade value? Β What team(s) do you see wanting to trade for him and what do you think the trade would be?

Β 

I admit I don’t have anything but biased opinion to base my guesstimate on.... but I think Mariota could bring back as low as a 4th round pick and as high as a 3rd. Β A few months ago I thought it would be less, if anything at all, but there seems to be some momentum behind MM’s trade value. Β 

I could see the Patriots being the most likely team to trade for him. Β He’d be a good fit there as a cheap (10M), stop gap starting QB. Β I can’t see BB just draft a QB and do the typical rebuild, as he hates losing too much AND as petty as it seems Brady just won a title without him so it’d be brutal to have another losing season in NE. Β I totally can see BB bring In Mariota or Jimmy G, once he’s cut by SF, and try to make a run with them. Β The narrative today is β€œBrady won a championshipΒ without it Bill,Β who went 7-9 and no playoffs” but if BelichickΒ would win a title With Mariota or Jimmy G that totally flips the narrative.

the only problem with that trade idea is as I said earlier, the Pats will likely go after Jimmy G once he’s cut from SF. Β He’s a better QB than Mariota and was Belichick’s replacement for Brady only a few years ago. Β Why trade for Mariota if you can sign Jimmy G? Β The only reason would be the price. Β Mariota would only cost 10M and even after a bad season Jimmy G would cost more.

since it’s NE I don’t suspect we’d come out saying β€œwe got great compensation”. Β They always are shrewd negotiators, so I’d guess we’d get a 5th, maybe at 4th

Honestly if we could get anything 5th or higher for him and gain that cap space to me it's a win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

In theory your right it would make perfect sense to try and convinceΒ Williams to take a 2-3M salary and incentives to make up to anotherΒ $3-5M. Β  If he could stay healthy he’s actually be a better (and cheaper) for then res-signing Nelson Agholor. Β Agholor could be replaced by Ruggs and TW gives us that bigger WR yet can get downfield with Speed. Β 
Β 

but..... I’m reality:

i Hate to over analyze a playersΒ IG activity likeΒ Β β€œOMG... DariusΒ Β Slay just added Trayvon Mullen AND Amik Robertson on Instagram and liked one of their photos!”... but as soon as he went on IR TW removed all photos and bio mentions of the Raiders. Β 
I believe (could be wrong) players who go on IR In the preseason usually don’t stay connected to the team while rehabbing, their not coming into the office every day or traveling with the team. Β I think removing the IG link to the Raiders was an emotional response to something. Β Why would he do that? Β He wouldn’t if he was happy with the team, rooting them on. To me at least, it’s very plausible that the team wanted him to play thru the pain, as he said he would try to Initially but then he couldn’t/wouldn’t do it and pushed to go to IR. Β Maybe we told him that’s the end of his time here now and he got heated and removed us or maybe he just realized what’s inevitable and reasonable to assume and mentally separated from us in order to push himself to rehab and come back strong. Β Either way it looks to me like something triggered the Ig removals. Β That said if something like that happened I think the chances of him restructuring to team favorable termsΒ and returning is low to non existent. Β Often players and teams have different viewpoints. Β The team sees it as he hasn’t earned what we’ve paid him and wants him to prove his worth with a restructure while the player always believes he’s worth more then he is really worth and sees it as injuries are part of the game and a chance teams take.... he’s the one with the injury trying to help the team.

Although It makes tons of sense I just don’t see it as being a likely scenario to happen. Β If we did go that route it’s not THAT big a risk because Ruggs would hopefully replace Agholor, who had a great season but only had 43 catches so it’s not like Ruggs has to replace 90 catches and Edwards should replace the role Williams was suppose to have. Β We’d likely HAVE to hedge out bets against Williams getting hurt again and bring in a quality 3rd outside WR. Β 
Β 

Overall though I think it’s not likely and the risk is too much assuming Agholor can be retained at a reasonable rate of 7-8M per. Β But if Agholor wants more then that, and it’s not unrealistic for him to have one team offer him 9-10+M then the Williams restructure to return scenario becomes a lot more enticing, if it’s possible.

Another thing is I never heard a peep out of him until Nelson started killing it. And people started talking about resign. I want to say it was right after Gruden said something about wanting him back. Then all of a sudden I see Williams talking about how much he would love to stay in Vegas blah blah blah.

43 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

Another thing is I never heard a peep out of him until Nelson started killing it. And people started talking about resign. I want to say it was right after Gruden said something about wanting him back. Then all of a sudden I see Williams talking about how much he would love to stay in Vegas blah blah blah.

Interesting.... I wasn’t aware of that. Β Thank you for bringing that up.

Williams is human... maybe he got emotional about the injury. Β He’s always seemed like a good guy and teammate. Β Clearly there’s more then meets the eye behind that story.

I think he’s had time to reevaluate the situation and prolly now believes he’d be best to stay in LV and is backing up on what he felt in the past. Β We’ll see how it plays out. Β But no way he comes back under his current contract, even if Agholor leaves. Β