The Trade Chat Thread 🔄

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your joke and point is certainly valid.

But Raider fans can at least find some solace in the fact that the 3rd round pick use to acquire M.Bryant was from the trade down with Arizona where we dropped From 10 to 15 while picking up #89 and #152.  We drafted Miller while Arizona moved up for Rosen. SF won the coin flip and took McGlinchey Right before us which prompted the trade down.

in the end we got the best OT in the draft and a true franchise LT.  That 3rd and 5th was way below the normal value to trade up into the top 10 for a QB, but then again Reggie was the original Bill O’Brien-lite.    In a way we can chalk up the 3rd and 5th as “house money” that we pissed away.

Orlando Brown is the best OT in the class. But yes, Miller is a stud. Parker in the third over Brown was a dumb freaking pick. 

Reggie trading down was miserable. Never got value. Traded 3 overall for 12 (Hayden) and 42 (Watson) lol

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Orlando Brown is the best OT in the class. But yes, Miller is a stud. Parker in the third over Brown was a dumb freaking pick. 

Reggie trading down was miserable. Never got value. Traded 3 overall for 12 (Hayden) and 42 (Watson) lol

I still can't believe we took Parker. He looked dreadful at the senior bowl. 

I hated the Miller pick at the time. Mainly because I wanted James or not trade back and take Fitzpatrick.  

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Don’t get me started on the Hayden trade I’ll go off the hinges about that one.  Yes in Brown in the third was a better value.  I was solely talking about the OTs we were considering in round 1.  

yes Brown turned out to be a crazy steal but at the time of the draft It’s understandable why he fell.  It wasn’t just his dreadful workout that made teams doubt if he had the athleticism to play even RT.  Combine that with the fact Oklahoma doesn’t face many good edge rushers and their scheme has very wide splits and it makes it much easier to pass block.  So the questions on his ability to play OT were justified. It just turns out he proven those questions wrong.  

Edited by jimkelly02

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Don’t get me started on the Hayden trade I’ll go off the hinges about that one.  Yes in Brown in the third was a better value.  I was solely talking about the OTs we were considering in round 1.  

yes Brown turned out to be a crazy steal but at the time of the draft It’s understandable why he fell.  It wasn’t just his dreadful workout that made teams doubt if he had the athleticism to play even RT.  Combine that with the fact Oklahoma doesn’t face many good edge rushers and their scheme has very wide splits and it makes it much easier to pass block.  So the questions on his ability to play OT were justified. It just turns out he proven those questions wrong.  

He worked Bosa in college I was his biggest fan until the combine learned to always trust the tape for olinemen 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

We should write that wrong and trade Trent Brown to Baltimore for him. I know Orlando has said he wants to be traded somewhere he can play LT, but I think that's more of a money thing. And we've already shown with Trent that we will give a RT big money so we could extend him. For Baltimore they'd fill their RT spot and have an insurance policy at LT.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We should write that wrong and trade Trent Brown to Baltimore for him. I know Orlando has said he wants to be traded somewhere he can play LT, but I think that's more of a money thing. And we've already shown with Trent that we will give a RT big money so we could extend him. For Baltimore they'd fill their RT spot and have an insurance policy at LT.

I don’t think we should pay a RT big money. Just get a decent, reasonably priced FA, sign Goode and get him to okay there and/or use a mid round pick. We don’t need and can’t afford to spend much on a RT with so many other areas to improve

2 hours ago, reddevil said:

I don’t think we should pay a RT big money. Just get a decent, reasonably priced FA, sign Goode and get him to okay there and/or use a mid round pick. We don’t need and can’t afford to spend much on a RT with so many other areas to improve

I think we're all on the same page.  I don't want Sam Young.  I don't want Trent Brown.  I want a Denzelle Good caliber RT.  Either it be D. Good or a RT that can play as well as D. Good did for us.  I was happy with D. Good.  I think a lot of us are/were.

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

I think we're all on the same page.  I don't want Sam Young.  I don't want Trent Brown.  I want a Denzelle Good caliber RT.  Either it be D. Good or a RT that can play as well as D. Good did for us.  I was happy with D. Good.  I think a lot of us are/were.

Just a consistent reliable RT.  Someone that is a good value and at least plays up to their contract.  We need to get something in a trade for Brown to at least feel good about paying him $20 million last year.  We need a good backup if we are going to role with Good at RT.  Not because he would get hurt but in case anyone else does since Good can take over at different positions.  I would not mind signing Good and then a player like Zach Banner to back him up.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Just a consistent reliable RT.  Someone that is a good value and at least plays up to their contract.  We need to get something in a trade for Brown to at least feel good about paying him $20 million last year.  We need a good backup if we are going to role with Good at RT.  Not because he would get hurt but in case anyone else does since Good can take over at different positions.  I would not mind signing Good and then a player like Zach Banner to back him up.  

I'm all for it.

21 hours ago, reddevil said:

Austin Howard or Khalif Barnes level player would be clutch this off-season. 

Edited by NYRaider

On 2/19/2021 at 3:05 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

He worked Bosa in college I was his biggest fan until the combine learned to always trust the tape for olinemen 

Yes you always gotta trust tape versus workouts.... but there is this bare minimum bar of athleticism needed to play OT in the NFL.  It’s why a lot of very good college OTs kick inside. Orlando’s workout really really made you question that.  Plus the system at Oklahoma is indeed a pro offense but it’s OLine scheme is very different then NFL schemes.  Very wide sets protects the OTs on the edges... it’s why they tend to like massive OLmen with the power to deal with inside moves.   Even when you watch the tape there wasn’t many examples of him showing the skillset and athleticism of a NFL OT that can deal with speed rushers.  And let’s face it he was a late 1st that fell to mid round 3.  That isn’t a colossal fall.  It was a deep OT class that had Brian O’Neill go at the way end of round 1.  We just happened to take a 5th rounder prospect at the top of round 3.  Thanks Reggie!