The Trade Chat Thread 🔄

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think Russ is a top two QB but if his motivation isn't to come here and win a championship, rather he is coming here so his wife can cash in and dance around on stage, that would be a hard pass considering the capital we would have to give up to land him.  

I think it is possible that he comes to Vegas and is still motivated to try and win a championship.
not sure why he cant be motivated in Vegas? 

but yes i do agree, our team is worse then the Seahawks overall, and they didnt win, so I doubt we would win a superbowl next year. But, does getting Wilson attract more FAs to us?

I just am not sure where this, - well he is coming to the Raiders because it is clearly a great move for his family, but that means he cant be motivated now - comes from

• Like 1

Still crazy how the Raiders are on the list for Russell. That he single handily picked them as one of the 4 teams. They were also the only AFC team as well. If you're the Seahawks you will want to trade Wilson out of conference so you dont have to worry about running into him unless its a Super Bowl matchup so if a trade does happen it immediately makes the Raiders the favorite just cause of that. Raiders go to Seattle next year, but that wont be an issue that would come up. 

Raiders are the only team that has a QB that they can send back as well. Cowboys can offer that, but its far more difficult and more expensive option. So again you trade away a QB you would want draft picks in return to move up and draft a QB or you would want a good QB in return. Raiders can offer that and give them a good cheap QB. The other 3 teams cannot do that. 

Talk about what you would have to give up. Carr and I would assume a first another first or a second in next years draft or another first.

What Russell gives you makes it worth what you're giving up. You're getting a guy that has thrown for 140 TD's in the last 4 seasons. 40, 31, 35, 34. Which is the highest in the NFL in a 4 year span. While giving you about 400 yards rushing a year. In that same span of 4 years Carr has thrown for 89 TD's. A difference of 51 TD's we're talking about.

You're getting a QB that will throw for an average of 35 TDs a year instead of the average of 22 that you're getting from Carr the past 4 seasons. That is the difference between a good QB and an Elite QB. That is why I would love a trade for Russell Wilson because he will get the ball in the end zone. Carr does a great job from the 20 to 20, but his inability to finish drives hurts this team and leaves a lot fo TD's on that field every Sunday. 

While maybe you're not able to field a top 10 or 15 defense if you get Russell, but the amount of TD's a season that you're gaining covers up that. All you would need is the defense to be not piss poor and Russell Wilson makes this team a playoff team cause with him this is a top 5 scoring offense easily and a team that can average 30 plus a game. 

Russell Wilson with Waller, Edwards and Ruggs and Renfrow with Jacobs at RB and maybe another FA WR. He would elevate this offense so much it would be worth it.

If he gets moved it will only be to the Raiders. He would be a star in Vegas he would be on all the billboards he would be able to continue to build his brand and lets not forget his wifes brand as well. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 8:19 AM, bucksavage1 said:

Yes, make it happen Gruden. Wilson wants better protection and we got that. 

We could realistically send them Mariota + draft picks and then flip Carr to WFT for a high pick + a front 7 player.

Include Trent Brown in the trade to the Sea Chickens.  He's maybe the best right tackle in the league.....when he's playing.

On 2/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

It has nothing to do with talent. It's Vegas, every weekend Wilson will get paid 250,000 to have dinner with some highroller.

If i signed  a $140 mio contract extension .... the last thing i'd be doing is spending my limited free time on dinner with highrollers for less then i make on interest.

5 hours ago, Roninho said:

If i signed  a $140 mio contract extension .... the last thing i'd be doing is spending my limited free time on dinner with highrollers for less then i make on interest.

Think of it as being paid to network with billionaires.

When the next big IPO comes around who do you think they're asked to invest? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Include Trent Brown in the trade to the Sea Chickens.  He's maybe the best right tackle in the league.....when he's playing.

Good idea. When motivated Brown is a top 5 RT in the NFL. I would also send them any defensive player they want from the team. 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

I’m saying that there is zero proof that Russ said that. Who knows what motivations his agent has. Like I said explain why a perennial winner like Russ would want anything to do with a franchise that has been a dumpster fire for over two decades? 

I'll answer this....because truly elite athletes believe they can win anywhere, under any circumstance. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'll answer this....because truly elite athletes believe they can win anywhere, under any circumstance. 

So you're on board for Russ?  

I don't know that I am.  His window, which includes his mobile playing style, is closing. At least in my mind.  33yo? Eh.. 

"Former NFL quarterback David Carr, the older brother of Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, had this to say about the quartet of teams on Russell’s wish list, in an item regarding David Carr’s top-10 offseason quarterback targets: “If I’m one of those four teams, I’m picking up the phone yesterday. He is everything you want in a quarterback, with endless talent, arm strength, poise and intelligence. Plus, he has the kind of ice in his veins that gives his team a chance to win late in games, no matter how great the deficit. He’ll cost a GREAT deal, but the on-field production and leadership you’d get in return would be worth it.”

I agree, David.

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

So you're on board for Russ?  

I don't know that I am.  His window, which includes his mobile playing style, is closing. At least in my mind.  33yo? Eh.. 

Depends on the price, but yes 100%.

His window is not closing. He's in his prime and his goal is to play longer than Brady. He's 2.5 years older than Carr and will likely play longer than him. 

He wins from the pocket and happens to be mobile. Guy is a winner. Gruden's offense and the Raiders protection would be a perfect match. He'd be Gruden's missing piece, the Gannon-esque QB he covets.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol.... Do you not read the headlines or just pretending not to know? 

You said Russ can win anywhere and under any "circumstance".

If that is the case why is he allegedly wanting out of Seattle?  There clearly are "circumstances" where Russ feels like he can't win (Seattle) if he indeed does want to move on. 

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You said Russ can win anywhere and under any "circumstance".

If that is the case why is he allegedly wanting out of Seattle?  There clearly are "circumstances" where Russ feels like he can't win (Seattle) if he indeed does want to move on. 

russ is upset that they didnt listen to his game plan advice for their O. . . 
nothing about not being able to win in seattle. . . 

just simply felt disrespected. 
I feel like you dont understand that end of the day professional athletes are still people. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

russ is upset that they didnt listen to his game plan advice for their O. . . 
nothing about not being able to win in seattle. . . 

just simply felt disrespected. 
I feel like you dont understand that end of the day professional athletes are still people. 

So there are "circumstances" where he doesn't feel like he can win.  He must feel like they're losing games if he can't dictate the game plan and that his game plan is superior to his HC's.  

Unless he dictates the game plan he won't be happy according to you and feels disrespected?  That's absurd.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz