The Trade Chat Thread 🔄

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Interesting.... I wasn’t aware of that.  Thank you for bringing that up.

Williams is human... maybe he got emotional about the injury.  He’s always seemed like a good guy and teammate.  Clearly there’s more then meets the eye behind that story.

I think he’s had time to reevaluate the situation and prolly now believes he’d be best to stay in LV and is backing up on what he felt in the past.  We’ll see how it plays out.  But no way he comes back under his current contract, even if Agholor leaves.  

Definitely a top restructure candidate if he is retained.  Can't afford to pay him another 10M just to stay home and rehab.  

Sure, if Williams is willing to restructure to the vet minimum. I don't see how he's getting paid in FA when it's going to be the same market than last year if not worse for WRs. The top guys will get their big deals but the 2nd tier will be left waiting for deals that won't come. It's another strong draft class at the position and a lower cap. Add to that TW coming off injury. Good luck getting paid. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Sure, if Williams is willing to restructure to the vet minimum. I don't see how he's getting paid in FA when it's going to be the same market than last year if not worse for WRs. The top guys will get their big deals but the 2nd tier will be left waiting for deals that won't come. It's another strong draft class at the position and a lower cap. Add to that TW coming off injury. Good luck getting paid. 

Yeah I think all that I’d why as @BigD1123pointed out TW kind of changed his tune and is now receptive to coming back.

Hopefully we can leverage the potential to retain a restructured TW to get NA up resign a little bit cheaper.  Maybe we can resign him before he hits FA.  Then again he could hit FA and his past issues limit his market value and we retain him for less than we’d have paid before FA starts,  so many variables.

Hearing of the interests in Mariota ticks me off even more that Gruden let Carr play the meaningless last game vs Denver. I mean I get it from Carr's pov wanting to play, especially after Mariota has shown well the previous week. But that's where the coach/GM in Gruden overules the player and does what's best for the team. 

Smart teams would've used that game as another showcase for Mariota, perhaps boosting his value  more.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Mariota didn’t even need to start those two games, but to give him zero reps in those two games were dumb. 

If the Raiders are able to get a team to trade for him will be a win. Teams should wait cause he’s just gonna get cut eventually when push comes to shove and that cap space is needed in a month when FA starts. 

50 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Hearing of the interests in Mariota ticks me off even more that Gruden let Carr play the meaningless last game vs Denver. I mean I get it from Carr's pov wanting to play, especially after Mariota has shown well the previous week. But that's where the coach/GM in Gruden overules the player and does what's best for the team. 

Smart teams would've used that game as another showcase for Mariota, perhaps boosting his value  more.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

what if Mariota bombed and killed any value he had after the Charger game. Tells me they dont have all that much faith in MM. Also, Gruden wasnt trying to end the season with another losing record. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Mariota didn’t even need to start those two games, but to give him zero reps in those two games were dumb. 

If the Raiders are able to get a team to trade for him will be a win. Teams should wait cause he’s just gonna get cut eventually when push comes to shove and that cap space is needed in a month when FA starts. 

That's just it, "teams".  Not team.  There may be 3-4 teams that want him and are willing to trade a pick or two to make it happen.  Just have to hope for a bit of a bidding war.

Ben Volin (@BenVolin) Tweeted:
David Carr says on @NFLNetwork that at least four teams have tried to trade for his brother, Derek Carr, and the Raiders have shot it down each time.

David doesn't say when the four trade offers came, but did say one of them came during the season.