The Trade Chat Thread 🔄

RaidersAreOne

Mariota gets 7.85 million if he plays 12 games. And about 150K per win. So he’s not really that cheap. I don’t think we get much at all if we do trade him. 

Edit: that money is on top of his 10.6 mill base salary 

Edited by Blazer026

7 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Mariota gets 7.85 million if he plays 12 games. And about 150K per win. So he’s not really that cheap. I don’t think we get much at all if we do trade him. 

I'm not sure how much that matters. I think it's easily renegotiated if Mariota gets a chance to start somewhere.

14 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Do think a team is going to complain about paying him that money if he comes in hits a bunch of those incentives?  If he leads a team to a 10-11 win season he is worth $20 million.  If he is playing like crap you replace him and he does not hit those incentives.  There is a way to hedge your bets.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Do think a team is going to complain about paying him that money if he comes in hits a bunch of those incentives?  If he leads a team to a 10-11 win season he is worth $20 million.  If he is playing like crap you replace him and he does not hit those incentives.  There is a way to hedge your bets.

I just don’t think he’s anything special and doubt we get anything better than a 5th. I’ve been wrong plenty of times though 

15 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

I just don’t think he’s anything special and doubt we get anything better than a 5th. I’ve been wrong plenty of times though 

I think his ceiling is higher then most but the chances of him hitting after being in the league this long is small.  Most likely he is who we thought he was.  That does not mean a coach with a huge ego thinks he can be the difference in turning his career around.  Maybe that is why Gruden signed him.  Also why Gruden will probably not trade him for a small price.  Gruden will probably wait for a better deal because he over values Mariota also.

The Raiders may or may not be able to keep Mariota on the roster for the season.... but they absolutely can afford to keep Him On the roster going into The draft and beyond.... basically right up Til It’s time to Sign draft picks.

So any team waiting for us to Release him could have a long wait.  And who wants to wait til the start of camp to fill their starting QB spot?  It’s worth the risk to just throw a mid round pick for his rights and lock up the most valuable position on the team.

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We have a 3rd/5th for any disgruntled WR on the trade market ready to roll. 

Your joke and point is certainly valid.

But Raider fans can at least find some solace in the fact that the 3rd round pick use to acquire M.Bryant was from the trade down with Arizona where we dropped From 10 to 15 while picking up #89 and #152.  We drafted Miller while Arizona moved up for Rosen. SF won the coin flip and took McGlinchey Right before us which prompted the trade down.

in the end we got the best OT in the draft and a true franchise LT.  That 3rd and 5th was way below the normal value to trade up into the top 10 for a QB, but then again Reggie was the original Bill O’Brien-lite.    In a way we can chalk up the 3rd and 5th as “house money” that we pissed away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your joke and point is certainly valid.

But Raider fans can at least find some solace in the fact that the 3rd round pick use to acquire M.Bryant was from the trade down with Arizona where we dropped From 10 to 15 while picking up #89 and #152.  We drafted Miller while Arizona moved up for Rosen. SF won the coin flip and took McGlinchey Right before us which prompted the trade down.

in the end we got the best OT in the draft and a true franchise LT.  That 3rd and 5th was way below the normal value to trade up into the top 10 for a QB, but then again Reggie was the original Bill O’Brien-lite.    In a way we can chalk up the 3rd and 5th as “house money” that we pissed away.

9ers fans were talking trash.  A lot of people thought we lost out.  Won that first round pick in the end.  Good stuff.

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

9ers fans were talking trash.  A lot of people thought we lost out.  Won that first round pick in the end.  Good stuff.

We never win coin flips.... i swear it’s rigged.  I wanted McGlinchey badly.... I’m a huge ND fan .... and all McGlincheys are bad Mofo’s... google Dominic McGlinchey.... we could have given him the “Mad Dog” nickname. but we won out in the end for sure.

• Like 1