Madden 21 Franchise - Survey

JBURGE

Hi guys,

I have done Madden franchises on here in the past. I am thinking of starting a new one, and in the first one I have done on this game, I have enjoyed watching CPU games. Would people have interest in watching if I streamed on twitch?

What team would people like to see me do? Dolphins Kets, Pats, Packers, who? Anyone but the Vikings - Bears - Lions. 

What kind of restrictions? I usually operate under 2 1sts and 2 2nds, with the 1sts being one in the top 16 and one 17-32. 

What else do you guys like seeing? A reference to my last league on Madden 19: 

Edited by JBURGE

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Panthers. Maybe stay put and get Lance (you gonna use a 2021 draft import?) or trade up for Wilson or Fields. 

I will likely be using a CPU generated class for 2021. These rebuilds will generally focus on CPU generated players, especially at QB

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I assume you want a large reclamation project to do? Might be fun to see if you can build Burrow into something special. 

Typically yes I will pick a dumpster fire team and rip it up. I do not do realistic rebuilds in the sense that we sign real free agents and try to compete early. 

I said it in the comment right above now, but I won't be keeping any players on a team long term. They will all be CPU generated after a few years. 

I am more or less looking for what people want in terms of content - what team, what type of information do you want me to share - how much league wide info? 

Since this will go a lot slower than my past rebuilds where I would do a season a week or more, I would theoretically have more time to post stats across the league. 

18 hours ago, JBURGE said:

What team would people like to see me do? Dolphins Kets, Pats, Packers, who? Anyone but the Vikings - Bears - Lions.

Broncos.

18 hours ago, JBURGE said:

What kind of restrictions? I usually operate under 2 1sts and 2 2nds, with the 1sts being one in the top 16 and one 17-32. 

You can have only two firsts and two seconds per draft, but you cannot trade picks in that year once Week 1 starts.  And you cannot trade up in the draft, ever.  Essentially you have to pick two firsts in Week 1 that you think can be good and roll the dice that they are.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Broncos.

You can have only two firsts and two seconds per draft, but you cannot trade picks in that year once Week 1 starts.  And you cannot trade up in the draft, ever.  Essentially you have to pick two firsts in Week 1 that you think can be good and roll the dice that they are.  

I think I have operated with those rules before, except if I end up with the 1st and 4th pick I have to trade the 4th pick for pick 17, for example. I am allowed to get compensation for that move down.

With that being said, the drat classes in M21 are legit terrible, so I might just use the option you gave and scrap the 1 pick rom 1-16 and 1 from 17-32 and just do two 1sts. 

As for the broncos, I like that idea. It will be very very difficult though because the Chiefs stay elite for a long time, so likely will need to make the playoffs as a wildcard, which is fine. That is actually a really good team - I can keep the good young players for a few years and just not re-sign them, and Von Miller, Bouye and Sutton should make solid trade options in the first year or two to build up draft capital.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They actually patched the draft class quality about a month ago.  

So I started a franchise on Saturday or Sunday, and I can confirm they are still terrible. Might be 6-8 hidden players in the 1st each year, which is a significant amount less than previous years. I think I have done 9 or 10 classes in a Jets rebuild and averaging probably 5 picks in the first 2 rounds each year I have drafted 2 superstars and 1 X-Factor, and one of each was just in the last class I had. before that had 1 Superstar. 

34 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So I started a franchise on Saturday or Sunday, and I can confirm they are still terrible. Might be 6-8 hidden players in the 1st each year, which is a significant amount less than previous years. I think I have done 9 or 10 classes in a Jets rebuild and averaging probably 5 picks in the first 2 rounds each year I have drafted 2 superstars and 1 X-Factor, and one of each was just in the last class I had. before that had 1 Superstar. 

I did a draft last night and I hit 6 hidden dev players in 1 draft class.  My experience has been the draft classes have improved.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I did a draft last night and I hit 6 hidden dev players in 1 draft class.  My experience has been the draft classes have improved.

On Madden 21? Well our experiences have been very different. I have looked through entire 1st rounds and seen 8 or less hidden. I will check the next one on this Jets league. 

I am seeing a fair amount of decent hidden UDFA WRs, more so than the last couple years

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

On Madden 21? Well our experiences have been very different. I have looked through entire 1st rounds and seen 8 or less hidden. I will check the next one on this Jets league. 

I am seeing a fair amount of decent hidden UDFA WRs, more so than the last couple years

I signed a 73 ovr RB with Superstar dev as a UDFA

4 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Operation Sports has some really good custom draft classes with fake players. Those are a lot of fun to use and are more balanced in terms of steals, busts, and accurate heights and weights for positions. 

I will take a look at them - in the past I have avoided these because I love to hate the RNG you get on Madden classes. It also can take away from the randomness of the team building. Maybe I will try doing a couple drafts with them and see if I like them

Edited by JBURGE