Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

If they wanted to help Hundley out they would get on the horn with Cleveland and try to  pry Joe Thomas away from them.  His name came up last week in potential trade deadline deals.  It's been dreamt about by Packers fans forever ... now we actually have a legit need for his services.  Bak is hurt again, and Bulaga is also concussed.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

well, he did land right on top of rodgers...

yeah, I didn't explain it well.  If he was driving him straight into the ground, then his momentum would have been straight down.  Instead, he tackles rodgers (who, while outside the pocket doesn't have protection from a 1 step rule) and his momentum carries him through rodgers.

As a defense, it's really important to legally hit the quarterback while he's not protected outside the pocket.  I would be happy with one of our players who did that to Roethlisberger or Cam Newton or Alex Smith.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone else realize what this does to guys like Adams and Cobb?  Gotta think their stats suffer.  If the club moves on from Cobb....what is he worth on the open market?  I think Adams gets a rich GB contract no matter what, but this will have a ripple effect on GB free agents in some way, shape or form.  Even Lindsley.

i was thinking the exact same thing. I would attempt to trade cobb maybe CM3 is someone would. Draft defense high and try to build a defense that can win games without an offense. Rodgers isnt getting better so lets try to get a top 5 defense.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If they wanted to help Hundley out they would get on the horn with Cleveland and try to  pry Joe Thomas away from them.  His name came up last week in potential trade deadline deals.  It's been dreamt about by Packers fans forever ... now we actually have a legit need for his services.  Bak is hurt again, and Bulaga is also concussed.

Trade away a pick for a team with no chance at a championship? We aren't Minnesota. 

1 minute ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I honestly don't care at all about Kaep and his stance.

The question we should be asking is does he give us a better chance then Hundley to win.

I don't think he does. Lets at least give Hundley a shot with a week to prepare as a starter

If Kaepernick was any good he'd be on an NFL roster somewhere.  Teams had no problems signing guys that no angels:  Vick, AP, J. Winston, Edelman, Ray Lewis...

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You're suggesting trading for Joe Thomas in a lost season because Bahk is hurt.

Just let that truly sink in.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this exact scenario is why the 'you can't drive the QB into the ground' rule is in place.

and it wasn't even called.

the irony.

Yeah I want to drive to MN and run into Barr right now. I would mess his world up good, what a cheap piece of ****.

It's not a question of whether or not Kaepernick is better than Hundley.  He IS a better option than Hundley as far as winning games.  He's performed well in this league before, and he'd probab'y have a good year for us.  It's not about his misguided social justicing, either.  It's about whether or not it's worth it.  If he could potentially help us win a Super Bowl, he's worth it.  He could probably get us to the playoffs, but he's not getting us to the Super Bowl.  He couldn't win one with a top 2 defense when he was a Niner and the Niners had consistently top 5 defenses.  He's not winning with a top 16 defense (which is what we are, probably). 

So what's the point?  No development for Hundley, lower draft pick for maybe a playoff appearance. 

This is going to be the hardest year to watch Packer football since 2004 (Favre's record INT and 4-12 season).  2013 was different because we had a defense that was fun to watch.  It created turnovers.  Matthews had 7.5 sacks in 11 games.  Shields and Williams were still good and they made some big plays defensively.  Eddie Lacy made our offense capable in his rookie year, averaging 4.1 yards per carry. 

This year's not gonna be any fun to watch.  Our secondary is too inexperienced / injured, our offense is too injured and we don't have the running game we did last time Rodgers got hurt. 

We're 4-2.  Best case scenario, Aaron comes back in 10 weeks.  To make the playoffs we'd have to win 9 games minimum on the year.  That means we'd have to get 4 wins in the next 9 games with Hundley.  Saints, Lions, Bears, Ravens, Steelers, Buccaneers, Browns, Panthers, Vikings.  I don't see us winning 3 of those games with Hundley at QB. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers are 4-2 ... not exactly a lost season yet.

We aren't winning the super bowl with Hundley. I'll wait and see if Rodgers can come back but I doubt it. Nobody is trading for Joe Thomas when they had a Bak level left tackle. You just want to see Ted do something even if it doesn't make sense

Archived