Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

Some thoughts on the offseason and Mocks

- Shaq Barrett resigns for 4 years 70 million. 35MM guranteed

- Jensen, Marpet, Evans, and Brate all agree to restructured contracts. 

- Chris Godwin gets tagged for 16MM. 

- Donovan Smith gets a new 3 year deal knocking his salary down to 11 million in 2021 with more guranteed money in 2022. 

- Bucs lose LB Lavonte David; DT Ndamakung Suh ; RB Leonard Fournette : All tough decisions to let walk but factor in Age and Position  and $ they'll command - i think it makes sense as they're positions that can be filled through the draft and a bargain FA or two. 

- Gronk will be back on a 1 year deal. Expect the same for Blaine Gabbert and andrew Adams 

Bucs will trade OJ Howard to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick. 

Some FA Signings: 

- Bucs sign RB James White Vet. Min 

- Bucs will sign DT/DE Sheldon Rankins on a 1 year prove it deal. 

Draft: 

1st round: Zavien Collins LB Tulsa 

- ILB is critical in Bowles defense and I think Collins and White will form a nasty duo. White is going into year three and should be fine to be the MIKE LB moving forward. 

2nd Round via Buffalo: Joseph Ossai EDGE Texas: We need to start thinking life after JPP. Get a young edge rusher to rotate in and take over in 2022. 

2nd round: Jerome Johnson DT Indiana : Add another body up front to the defense. Johnson is consistent in generating pressure and playing the run and will add depth to the front 7. 

3rd Round : Trey Sermon RB Ohio State : this is my favorite back. He shows explosiveness, vision, and power and has limited miles on the legs as he mostly split time during his career. He's also a solid receiving back and might be a huge sleeper. 

4th Round: Jimmy Morrisay C Pittsburgh : Jensen stays on another year but we have to look at depth and potential options in 2022. 

5th Round: Jamie Newman QB Wake Forest/Georgia : I think we end Newman's fall in round 4 or 5. I thought about the 4th but i've seen QBs in the past get over hyped pre draft (nate Stanley; Jake Fromm; Jake Eason) only to fall to mid day 3. Newman takes the 3rd QB spot from Griffin and begins his development into the long term back up or potential starter. Only the coaches will know if he can fix his footwork. I do like that he can stand tall in the pocket but a lot of his accuracy woes come from unset feet and throw position. 

7th round: Tre Nixon WR UCF : Add depth with AB potentially leaving the Bucs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

- Donovan Smith gets a new 3 year deal knocking his salary down to 11 million in 2021 with more guranteed money in 2022. 

- Bucs lose LB Lavonte David; DT Ndamakung Suh ; RB Leonard Fournette : All tough decisions to let walk but factor in Age and Position  and $ they'll command - i think it makes sense as they're positions that can be filled through the draft and a bargain FA or two. 

- Gronk will be back on a 1 year deal. Expect the same for Blaine Gabbert and andrew Adams 

Some FA Signings: 

Draft: 

- ILB is critical in Bowles defense and I think Collins and White will form a nasty duo. White is going into year three and should be fine to be the MIKE LB moving forward. 

2nd Round via Buffalo: Joseph Ossai EDGE Texas: We need to start thinking life after JPP. Get a young edge rusher to rotate in and take over in 2022. 

2nd round: Jerome Johnson DT Indiana : Add another body up front to the defense. Johnson is consistent in generating pressure and playing the run and will add depth to the front 7. 

3rd Round : Trey Sermon RB Ohio State : this is my favorite back. He shows explosiveness, vision, and power and has limited miles on the legs as he mostly split time during his career. He's also a solid receiving back and might be a huge sleeper. 

4th Round: Jimmy Morrisay C Pittsburgh : Jensen stays on another year but we have to look at depth and potential options in 2022. 

5th Round: Jamie Newman QB Wake Forest/Georgia : I think we end Newman's fall in round 4 or 5. I thought about the 4th but i've seen QBs in the past get over hyped pre draft (nate Stanley; Jake Fromm; Jake Eason) only to fall to mid day 3. Newman takes the 3rd QB spot from Griffin and begins his development into the long term back up or potential starter. Only the coaches will know if he can fix his footwork. I do like that he can stand tall in the pocket but a lot of his accuracy woes come from unset feet and throw position. 

take that good job GIF

this is so beautiful

my favorite thing being the OJ trade

then Collins, Ossai and Sermon , bravo sir

hate losing David and Suh but Collins and Rankins fill the gap

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Some FA Signings: 

Draft: 

Great job overall. I think majority of this makes sense and is pretty feasible. Definitely think Godwin and Shaq will be the focus.

My only thoughts:

1] I think Brate has a legit chance to be cut. He'd give us some salary relief with no dead money. Maybe he's a guy that would be back on a vet minimum deal, but this also may be his last chance to get a guaranteed deal elsewhere. 

2] No way we're gonna pull a 2nd round pick for OJ coming off a season ending injury and that he's in the last year of his rookie deal. 

59 minutes ago, indifference said:

Arians said “your azz aint going nowhere” to 3 of our FAs. You can better your mortgage we are keeping Shaq, David and Godwin this off season.

Not really up to him though. It's nice coach speak, but I think we're bound to loose one of them.

8 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Some FA Signings: 

Draft: 

I like the draft. Even if we re-sign David, I'd welcome the pick of Collins. But, I'm not ready to accept losing him yet. I think he gets re-signed honestly. 

But, you forgot priority #1, Succup. I also think Suh is back for sure with us.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

really? why?

i feel like Lance has that Mahomes-esque look that teams will want to see him in that light

if i were to bet, it'd be that Lance goes ahead of Fields for sure

Lance has good potential and upside but his game experience concerns me. Fields is more seasoned and has played tougher competition. He is also trained by the same guy that trains Deshaun Watson who is an elite qb at 25. Not sure why teams think Wilson is ahead of him as QB2. Fields is a damn good prospect

Edited by indifference