Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Avery Williams

CB, Boise State

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Warren Jackson

WR, Colorado State

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The pre-draft workouts (whatever they consist of) are going to be super important for him, as he sat out the 2020 season...

If he performs well, he could end up in the 15-25 pick range, if not he could slip back into the 2nd... 

I think you could say that for many of these OLB DL guys. Is Gregory Rousseau going to slip? Was projected top 10 before the season. These workouts are huge. I’m also looking forward to this deep OL class. Creed Humphries still available in R2? He is the best iOL and an elite on at that. Seen about 5-6 OT mocked in the first round which means bucs could really hit a HR at 32. 

21 hours ago, indifference said:

if Bucs select Etinenne or any Round 1 back..ronald jones will not be back

Fine with me, I'm not really a fan of giving RB's second contracts anyway, unless they are are rare talent.

Even then, it warrants consideration of their past medical and workload (ala Todd Gurley's rapid decline).

• Like 2

21 hours ago, indifference said:

if Bucs select Etinenne or any Round 1 back..ronald jones will not be back

He s on the last yr of his rookie deal. It would be very surprising if Jones was cut if RB went rd 1.  I m the leader of the Etienne fan club, but even I would be surprised if they went RB rd 1.  I expect front 7 to be the priority in this draft 

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He s on the last yr of his rookie deal. It would be very surprising if Jones was cut if RB went rd 1.  I m the leader of the Etienne fan club, but even I would be surprised if they went RB rd 1.  I expect front 7 to be the priority in this draft 

Not implying Jones will be cut but im saying no way Tampa resigns him back. He’s a better version of RoJo as a receiver with similar running style. I’m with you though front 7 all day but i gotta see whose on board at 32. 

• Like 2

I did 4 rounds on the draft simulator. That’s about as much as I could do without completely throwing darts right now. Here’s what I got...

1 (32). Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia

2 (64). Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama

3 (95). Alim McNeill, DT, NC State

4 (137). Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis

I expect most of our free agents back including Shaq, but let’s make both lines better (will only make the WRs and DBs more effective) and get a true pass catching back.

Ojulari was the last top EDGE available. Brown was close to BPA and while Licht likes his small school guys, Brown is a mammoth G who should serve has a valuable depth piece for now. Not sure if we have Stinnie back but even if we do, valuable depth. McNeill offers nice depth and rotation to Vea and more pass rush ability in future years as he gets better. Gainwell is the James White Brady missed last year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I did 4 rounds on the draft simulator. That’s about as much as I could do without completely throwing darts right now. Here’s what I got...

I expect most of our free agents back including Shaq, but let’s make both lines better (will only make the WRs and DBs more effective) and get a true pass catching back.

Ojulari was the last top EDGE available. Brown was close to BPA and while Licht likes his small school guys, Brown is a mammoth G who should serve has a valuable depth piece for now. Not sure if we have Stinnie back but even if we do, valuable depth. McNeill offers nice depth and rotation to Vea and more pass rush ability in future years as he gets better. Gainwell is the James White Brady missed last year.

Love this

13 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah this would be perfect. Brown is a mammoth man, if we get him TB he’d be cutting some weight down. But our middle would be solidified. Haeg wasnt any good as a 6th man and Stinnie status is up the air. Bring Brown in on those short yardage situations as tackle eligible and run behind him. 

Azeez has an elite get off like Shaq, nearly the same size too. JPP knees arent getting any better. Would love to split 50-50 snaps next year to preserve him with Azeez. 

Life after Lavonte might be closer then we think.  If he wants to get paid, I hope he resets the off ball LB market.  The reality is it won t be with the Bucs.

Lavonte s career earnings is just under $54 million.  In theory, he could get a 3 yr contract close to that amt.  Could a team look for veteran SB leadership and willing to pay for it?  🤔🤔

5 minutes ago, indifference said:

Gotta wonder if Bucs think about drafting a ILB even with bringing David back. Minter will most likely be brought back if we dont. Round 4 area would be a nice spot to target a developmental guy.

I would draft another LB late. I think I did in most of my mocks.