Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's difficult to project the 32nd pick in the draft.

Could the argument be made over the last decade, Qbs drafted outside the top 10 have had better careers then their counter parts?   Off the top of my head, I would say "yes".  Going to be very interesting to see what Licht does.  Can he pull off a Qb succession plan like SF (Montana to Young) and GB (Favre to Rodgers)?   He s going to have to be bold to accomplish the task.  

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Could the argument be made over the last decade, Qbs drafted outside the top 10 have had better careers then their counter parts?   Off the top of my head, I would say "yes".  Going to be very interesting to see what Licht does.  Can he pull off a Qb succession plan like SF (Montana to Young) and GB (Favre to Rodgers)?   He s going to have to be bold to accomplish the task.  

I think a big move would happen next year, if we're gonna do it. 

Gotta stock the shelves this year.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It s a discussion with no right answers.  Not undermining the performance of Brady, but this roster built can be successful for more then 2 yrs.  Not sure I agree with, let s wait till next yr.  When opportunity knocks, can t close the door because the timing appears to be wrong.  I do understand the argument though.  

Let s see if Licht can stick the landing.  

• Like 1

Derek Carr is a FA in 2023. Maybe bucs can land him after Brady hangs it up in 2 seasons. Who knows

If Bucs play the draft right these next two drafts, we might be in a similar position like SF and trade up for a blue chip. The key will be keeping the core pieces together to allow such move.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Great thing with having 8 picks currently (possibly more if we move back in 1st round) is we could theoretically accomplish both in the same draft if we felt the prospect was right. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Well considering I got him in the 4th in FFMD, I was dealin! 🤣🤣

Seriously doubt it in the 1st tho

This mock made me lose some credibility in Shrager

Seems like no one knows what the Bucs are going to do

These mocks are scaring me. Mills at 32 is not happening though. That I feel confident about saying. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, indifference said:

Not a fan of the R2 selection seems like a reach pick. Bucs should trade up and get who they want. Not too many rookies making this roster R5-R7

Makes sense and Licht has traded up before in Day 2 for Cappa and I believe Beckwith.  

TE is depth chart is deep this season, but will quickly be down to Brate n Hudson on the roster after the season.  I hope Howard can last the season, but that is a stretch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, indifference said:

Not a fan of the R2 selection seems like a reach pick. Bucs should trade up and get who they want. Not too many rookies making this roster R5-R7

Yeah, could trade up, or play the numbers game and even trade back, so we'd have a bigger chance on hitting on the picks. And the great D-lineman are gonna be gone before 32. But lots of developmental guys going late into the draft. Which, we're in position to take those guys this draft, not needing to plug them in immediately. So I kind of like the thought of getting a bunch of developmental guys to eventually replace JPP, Suh, hopefully not Gholston for awhile. 

But if we can trade up for Kwity Paye or Olujuari without giving up too much, hell yeah. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Yeah, could trade up, or play the numbers game and even trade back, so we'd have a bigger chance on hitting on the picks. And the great D-lineman are gonna be gone before 32. But lots of developmental guys going late into the draft. Which, we're in position to take those guys this draft, not needing to plug them in immediately. So I kind of like the thought of getting a bunch of developmental guys to eventually replace JPP, Suh, hopefully not Gholston for awhile. 

But if we can trade up for Kwity Paye or Olujuari without giving up too much, hell yeah. 

Pick 32 and a fourth to move up a few spots to grab Paye or Olujari is worth it. Either way bucs have a chance to have depth lets hope they spend them wisely.