Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

giphy.gif

would love this IRL

idk why but im seeing Ossai slip further and further into the 2nd so this could possibly be a thing

dont know why the font is so small

32 - Landon Dickerson

64 - Ossai

95 - Alim McNeil

137 - Walker Little

176 - Demetric Felton

217 - Tay Gowan

251 - Chris Rumph

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 2

My 2nd to last Mock Draft: 

So now that FA has played out and we signed all our starters back plus some depth pieces; the only other player i see the bucs potentially resigning is Gabbert. AB will be tough only being 1+million under the cap. 

1st Round: Jason Oweh Edge Penn State: As a penn state fan, i am skeptical on him bc i didn't see the production but he did live in the backfield and can put LT's on skates. This pick is clearly upside. While he's a physical freak, there were questions about Danielle Hunter, Jpp, and enzikial Ansah about their ability to translate to the pros. I think being in a rotation to start his career can help him develop. He's got the speed and strength. If he's coachable, i think he can be a pure steal at 32. 

2nd Round:  Levi Onwuzurike DT Washington : This might not be realistic but i feel there isn't a DT prospect thats worthy of a first round and don't think a DT will be over drafted like a QB or edge rusher will. Onwuzurikie has experience playing all over the line and would provide depth to potentially take over down the road for Suh or Gholston. 

3rd Round: Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU: Lets continue to bolster the depth on defense. The key take away here is JPP, Carlton Davis and Suh/Gholston are all UFA's after the season. Vincent can play the slot and excel on special teams duty and assist on KR/PR as a rookie. If we roll with Bunting and Dean on the outside in 22; vincent is a perfect fit for the slot. 

4th Round: Derrick Barnes ILB Purdue: another depth piece added to the strong defense. Barnes will excel on Special Teams. 

5th Round: Michael Mennet: Bucs add an interior depth piece to the OL. 

6th Round : Sam Ellinger QB Texas : Bucs add a back up QB to compete with Ryan Griffin for the 3rd spot. *Still anticipate Blaine Gabbert resigning*

6th Round (comp): Royce Newman T Mississipi: Add a swing tackle who can play guard. 

7th Round: hmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa: Added depth to the receiving core; may push Justin Watson for a roster spot. 

My draft Summary and thought process: Oweh is a potential stud who may not be there at 32. I'm seeing him mocked anywhere from mid 20's to pick 40 in round 2. I can see the same upside to him as Danielle Hunter and JPP. 

The thought process of taking a corner in round 3 is Carlton Davis and re-signing with the Bucs. A lot can change from now until 2022. However, the Bucs need to evaluate Davis properly. He lacks the athleticism that Dean and Bunting possess and Bunting's struggles mid season looked to be due to a hamstring injury he suffered early on in the season where i noticed he wasn't flying to the football like he was at the end of the year in 2019 and early 2020. Davis to me is still a jekly and hyde CB and when the bucs shadowed Tyreek Hill in the regualr season and SB with Bunting and Dean with help over the top, he did nothing. As the game evolves, i'm not so sure Davis is a man corner down the road with these receivers. Vincent Jr is another speedy atheltic guy who can also play Free Safety. 

With addressing all the defensive positions, the Bucs will have UFA's on both sides. While i think Godwin ends up with a long term deal (potential high pick for a rookie QB in 22), addressing the defense with future players to take over for Suh and JPP are important at positions that take a year to develop and i still like Khalil Davis. Barnes is a perfect depth piece who may or may not develop down the road. I would have taken Dylan Moses here if his medical drops him far in round 4. 

I avoided RB due to the Bernard signing. We do not need a crowded backfield and i do not want to give up on Vaughn who has shown improvements mid-to late season as a runner. RB is also not the position to target to "replace guys down the road". If we lose Fournette and Rojo next off season, i'm sure we can find a FA and rookie to help fill in the rotation. Plus i highly doubt Rojo gets a massive deal on the market the way we will use both him and fournette with Bernard. 

18 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Soooo...

Just watching GMFB this morning and their little mock draft ... Kyle Brandt gave us Kellen Mond at 32 smh

THEN listening to Jeff Mans ... he gives us.... KELLEN MOND

Gtfo

I might break the TV if that happens

Dramatic much? Yes 

But seriously 

Freaking Out Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

This is good smokescreens man... maybe it makes someone trade up with the Ravens to grab him or somewhere else. I think he'll be gone before 32 anyway. Not saying other front offices pay attention to mock drafts anyway, but they might... Brady has shown no signs of slowing down, and Arians is here for the short term. High draft pick QB just doesn't make sense. Arians won't be around to develop him. Does he care that much about the Bucs after he's gone that he'll make a pick like that? I don't think so. 

One of my last mock draft before tomorrow! "Can't Wait"

Trade
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trade: 32
Denver Broncos Trade: 40, 70, 237
I feel like the broncos would do this trade for a OT that has fallen for their new QB they got in the first round.

40th Pick - Alim McNeill - DL - North Carolina St.
64th Pick - Quinn Meinerz - C - Wisconsin - Whitewater
71st Pick - Cameron Sample - ED - Tulane
95th Pick - Jamar Johnson - S - Indiana
137th Pick - Cade Johnson - WR - South Dakota St.
176th Pick - Khalil Herbert - HB - Virginia Tech

Trade
Tampa Bay Buccaneer Trade: 237, 251, 259
New York Giants Trade: 201

201 Pick - Sam Ehlinger - QB - Texas ( If it isn't him then I think a QB will be here)
217 Pick - Larry Borom - T - Missouri 

• Like 1