Rank the teams that Brady has beaten in the SB

Bolts223

2001 was the biggest upset for sure... but I'm gonna say two teams were better, both being Andy Reid's teams:

1. 2020 Chiefs.

One score away from being 16-0. Raiders beat them 40-32, and if the Raiders didn't win that game, Chiefs wouldn't have rested starters in the final game against the Chargers. Chiefs destroyed the Bills in the AFC Championship and would of destroyed the Browns if Mahomes didn't get injured. This 2020 Chief team was better than their 2019 team.

2. 2004 Eagles

This team was fantastic. Honestly, 2004 really was the battle of the juggernauts.

3. 2001 Rams

This Ram team was absolutely dominant, but not as good as the GSOT team in '99. Still a great and shocking victory over a dominant team though.

4. 2016 Falcons

This Falcon team was way better than their 11-5 record, similar to the Buccaneers this year. Their defense came on strong late in the year, and that offense was just literally nuts.

5. 2014 Seahawks

This Seahawk team was great, definitely not as good as their 2013 team, but still rock solid.

6. 2003 Panthers

They weren't that great in the regular season, although they were good. However, they went on a dominant Post Season run, and gave the Patriots a run for their money in the Super Bowl. 2003 Super Bowl still remains one of the most entertaining I have ever watched.

7. 2018 Rams

First off, they shouldn't of been there to begin with. And second off, Goff/McVay were just literally no match for Bellichick's schemes. While it was only a 13-3 final, the Rams were never in this game for a second, and the Saints were the best team in the NFC and should of been in the Super Bowl. (I still think Saints would of lost, but it would of been a way better game).

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

2001 was the biggest upset for sure... but I'm gonna say two teams were better, both being Andy Reid's teams:

1. 2020 Chiefs.

One score away from being 16-0. Raiders beat them 40-32, and if the Raiders didn't win that game, Chiefs wouldn't have rested starters in the final game against the Chargers. Chiefs destroyed the Bills in the AFC Championship and would of destroyed the Browns if Mahomes didn't get injured. This 2020 Chief team was better than their 2019 team.

2. 2004 Eagles

This team was fantastic. Honestly, 2004 really was the battle of the juggernauts.

3. 2001 Rams

This Ram team was absolutely dominant, but not as good as the GSOT team in '99. Still a great and shocking victory over a dominant team though.

4. 2016 Falcons

This Falcon team was way better than their 11-5 record, similar to the Buccaneers this year. Their defense came on strong late in the year, and that offense was just literally nuts.

5. 2014 Seahawks

This Seahawk team was great, definitely not as good as their 2013 team, but still rock solid.

6. 2003 Panthers

They weren't that great in the regular season, although they were good. However, they went on a dominant Post Season run, and gave the Patriots a run for their money in the Super Bowl. 2003 Super Bowl still remains one of the most entertaining I have ever watched.

7. 2018 Rams

First off, they shouldn't of been there to begin with. And second off, Goff/McVay were just literally no match for Bellichick's schemes. While it was only a 13-3 final, the Rams were never in this game for a second, and the Saints were the best team in the NFC and should of been in the Super Bowl. (I still think Saints would of lost, but it would of been a way better game).

Even though I think the 2004 Eagles were a fantastic team they benefitted from an extremely weak NFC that year.

Reason I but the 2001 Rams higher than the 2020 Chiefs is that they had a much more dominant defense than KC does. They also had an offense that could beat you in so many different ways. 

Edited by Bolts223

10 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Even though I think the 2004 Eagles were a fantastic team they benefitted from an extremely weak NFC that year.

Reason I but the 2001 Rams higher than the 2020 Chiefs is that they had a much more dominant defense than KC does. They also had an offense that could beat you in so many different ways. 

Yeah but Warner was a turnover machine in ‘01 as well.

2018 Rams getting done a little dirty - this was the team that out-dulled Mahomes scoring 50+. The gurley and McVay scheming combination was so hard to stop.

The SB really was one of the very best defensive masterclasses from BB and co.

(same with Wade, but our offense all season wasn't nearly as good)

I think you can argue the ordering of the top 3, but I think the top 3 are clearly better than the other 4, with all due respect to some pretty good teams in there. I'd say only the Panthers qualify as a sub par superbowl team

1. 2020 Chiefs
  2. 2004 Eagles
  3. 2001 Rams
  4. BIG GAP
  5. 2014 Seahawks
  6. 2018 Rams
  7. 2016 Falcons
  8. BIG GAP
  9. 2003 Panthers

01 Rams- They were quite frankly one of the best teams of all time. Probably a top 3 non Super Bowl winning team with the 07 Pats and 68 Colts. You basically were taking one of the greatest offenses ever and then finally giving them the best defense in the league. 

20 Chiefs- This may be recency bias but they were pretty unstoppable all year. This was a team that was basically 15-1 if they don't rest starters, with the only legit loss being a divisional game. Mahomes is one of the top QB's and arguably the most impressive and reallys stepped up his game this year. Kelce and Hill clearly were the two best at their position. EC was one of the better backs. Then they had a solid defense that could go. 

04 Eagles- This Eagles team was a powerhouse and had dominated the NFC for the last 3 years and finally they were peaking and made the SB. The only knock was the TO injury and he played well in the game.

*Strangely enough 2 of the top 3 teams were probably the most convincing wins Brady had. 

14 Seahawks- This was basically the 2013 team with some injuries on defense and no Golden Tate. They started out slow but by the end of the year it was obvious they were back to form and the most dangerous team in the NFC. Lynch had a monster year and once they started clicking they were just scary. Honestly the only reason they aren't higher is a slow start and some banged up players at the end. You could say pound for pound they were probably better than the Eagles, but the Eagles had a more solid season. 

16Falcons/18Rams- Same idea. Both hyper dominant offenses with mediocre defenses. One was more productive and the other more efficient. This is hard to rank because the LA defense played beyond their level when they really held the Pats in check until the 4th quarter while Atlanta came out on hire on both sides of the ball then the gas ran out quickly.

03 Panthers- Very little debate that this is the worst. 11-5 team who had maybe two wins all regular season that weren't one score games. Got in off some upsets against teams that have been dissapointing in recent post seasons. They actually gave the Pats a run for their money and were one of the best teams at hurting a dominant defense, but it's hard to rank them higher. Every other team was a team that was somewhat notable historically for one reason or another. 

Now if you go difficulty of the game it's easily 

1. Falcons

2. Seahawks

3. Pathers

4. 01 Rams

5. 18 Rams

6. Eagles

7. Chiefs

Wow, you guys are WAAAAY higher on the 2020 Chiefs than I am. If they weren't the defending champs, then I feel like they would have been labeled one of those not as good as their record teams. They weren't top 5 in either point differential or DVOA in the regular season***. In the playoffs they had 1 meh game, 1 very good game, and 1 bad game. Rating them on 2020 alone? They are not in the top half of teams on this list. Absolutely not 01 Rams or 14 Seahawks level.

***To be fair maybe they squeeze into the bottom of the top 5 in these stats if they play starters week 17, but not like top 3 in  either +/- or DVOA. However, most of the other teams in this list were in that range comfortably including rest time.

Edited by wackywabbit

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Wow, you guys are WAAAAY higher on the 2020 Chiefs than I am. If they weren't the defending champs, then I feel like they would have been labeled one of those not as good as their record teams. They weren't top 5 in either point differential or DVOA in the regular season***. In the playoffs they had 1 meh game, 1 very good game, and 1 bad game. Rating them on 2020 alone? They are not in the top half of teams on this list. Absolutely not 01 Rams or 14 Seahawks level.

***To be fair maybe they squeeze into the bottom of the top 5 in these stats if they play starters week 17, but not like top 3 in  either +/- or DVOA. However, most of the other teams in this list were in that range comfortably including rest time.

KC had won 25 of their last 26 games and outscored two supposedly red hot playoff teams 57-34 while Mahomes was still under center

KC was actually very good but I think the situation with Reid’s son and the loss of Fisher doomed them. The team we took to the SB wasn’t the same one that went 16-1. That’s not an excuse, Tampa proved they were the better team, but I think it was a big factor.