Russell Wilson reportedly unhappy with Seahawks

DigInBoys

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

When you have a weakness drafting in a certain area, that's where you spend money in FA.  They have been great at drafting LB and DB, but then they spend big to keep those guys.  Maybe let one or two go and spend big on OL in FA.  That's more of a long term strategy than a now one, and it's also dependent on self awareness of their own deficiencies, which not all are willing to acknowledge.

Sure FA can be used to fortify the roster.  Usually OL that gets to FA  isn t that good or past their prime, so they get over paid.  Certainly there are some exceptions to my statement.  Pretty confident Schneider has reviewed his draft strategy over time with OL, but it needs to be better.  However, let s be honest, the Hawks under Schneider s leadership should have 2 Lombardis if the QB doesn t throw the pick at the goal line.  

D Brown was a trade.  Maybe they should not have traded Max Unger.  

30 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's crazy how people have fallen head over heels for this obviously non-story, but have completely neglected the verified story that Seattle has no interest in trading Russell Wilson.

That happens. Who needs verification when you're fishing for clicks?

• Like 3

Wilson isn't getting traded. To me this is a story that has been conjured up by Wilson's agent in order for him to gain more power on the team other then being a player. The 1% players (top tier salary hits) are trying to expand their boundaries much like the NBA has been doing with their players by trying to take some control of their team. While it is easier to do in the NBA I just dont see it working out in the favor of players at the NFL level. Wilson having leverage as he is a franchise qb his pay is fairly high but overall he is in the middle of his deal and teams can easily say sit out and see what happens. The fact that player sits out an X amount of time not only means finances have to be given up but also they wait to long then they have to fulfill the following year they didnt fulfill the current year. I am not sure how Wilson got to this point but ideally he should have voiced his concerns in house in order for them to figure out a way to get him oline if that is in fact the issue at hand. Unless it is something else where he is trying to lead the league with Watson on forcing ownership to rethink the idea that players should have more say then they already do. Either way in house fixing Watson and Wilson calling their bluff is the best way this can be handled for the entire NFL if you are hoping and looking to have the control in the office and not as the players. If you allow Wilson or Watson to get paid and then dictate their future by demanding a trade the league will then be watered down and anything can go where the value of the league could drop.

And this thread proves why ESPN keeps manufacturing this type BS, cuz you gonks eat it up.

"Like any player, you never want to get hit," Wilson told reporters via Zoom. "That's the reality of playing this position; ask any quarterback who wants to play this game. But at the same time, it's part of the job and everything else. I think that the reality is that I've definitely been hit. I've been sacked almost 400 times, so we've got to get better. I've got to find ways to get better too."

Asked if he is frustrated with the Seahawks, Wilson said with a laugh: "I'm frustrated [about] getting hit too much. I'm frustrated with that part of it. At the end of the day, you want to win."

I think that relationship is really key, and that dialogue, especially being a veteran player, that dialogue is really important."

Asked if he is or has been involved in those conversations, Wilson replied, "Not as much." Asked if he wants to be, he said, "I think it helps to be involved more. But I think that dialogue should happen more often, in my opinion."

But apparently, this amounts to RUSS WANTS TO LEAVE SEATTLE. RUSS IS FRUSTRATED WITH PETE. etc etc etc.

The rest of that article is OP_ED pieces stitched between Russ quotes about getting sacked to much, and wanting to be apart in decision making. Thats it. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I'm going to make a bold prediction...

Russ gets traded

Watson does not 

This post has inspired me.  I'm going to start handing out donuts when someone makes a great post or a bold prediction that comes true.  Yeah, I know I could give out cookies, but donuts are so much more satisfying!  If you are right on this one, I will definitely be sending an official Uncle Buck e-donut your way!  :)

Russ getting traded isn't unfeasible. Just think if its going to happen it will happen in 2022 or 2023 (my bet).

Pete Carroll signed an extension through 2025 ; Russ would be 37 for that season. They might be married to each other. That being said, Russ's 37M hit in 2022 and 39M hit in 2023 is .... steep. Most likely, Seattle extends / restructures his contract into 2025 to get those cap hits down. Would be in the best interest of everyone.

Now, if the wheels fall off next year and Seattle ends up 5-11 or something, I think things change. With no 1RP in 2022, Seattle could see it as an opportunity to move on and start to build toward one more push. John Schneider was extended until 2027, giving him one more shot at a retool/ rebuild Push. As it stands now, in 2022, Brown, Lockett, Adams, Diggs, Dunlap, Reed would all be gone. Wagner would sit there with 20.3 cap hit with only 3.75 dead (17M savings) That is a huge exodus of talent. If Seattle decides to Retool in 2022, Russ would probably want to get moved to somewhere more close to a Super Bowl run. 

Edited by animaltested

14 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Mahomes just dragged an offensive line of high schoolers into the super bowl. Quit crying Russ.

Russell Wilson's OL line the two years he appeared in the Superbowl:

2013: Paul McQuistain | James Carpenter | Max Unger | JR Sweezy | Breno Giacomini

2014: Russell Okung | James Carpenter | Max Unger | JR Sweezy | Justin Britt

I think if there's anyone who knows how to win without an offensive line, it's Russell Wilson. The fact he's just now saying something about wanting to be protected more after dealing with garbage at the OL for nearly a decade is actually remarkable. Mahomes didn't last one game without an OL. Wilson's gone his entire career without one.

• Like 1