Russell Wilson reportedly unhappy with Seahawks

DigInBoys

So did all these QB's get together during the off-season and plan some type of huge uprising? I don't get this. Wilson never does stuff like this in public. He has a right to be ticked off that the offensive line has sucked for so long, but do it in private. It's not normally like him to say anything negative at all.

Trade him for Watson.

Russ is not going anywhere lol. If he does somehow surprisingly get traded, Seattle will probably get the most return in a trade in sports history imo. If Stafford can go for a decent QB and those first rounders, i cannot imagine what an elite super bowl winning QB in his prime would fetch. It might be time for Seattle to think about a coaching change though if next season does not go well. Players are getting tired of Pete Carrolls old dog and pony show. They have done absolutely nothing to form a competent line to protect him in 9 years. NINE. Like, holy S, stop being so damn cheap and relying on his legs to bail you out. Pay up or stop trading your top picks for overrated players like Clowney and Harvin. Do not trade your anchor on the o line (Unger) for Jimmy Graham and then not even use him properly. Its been extremely irritating to watch. 

Edited by Landog3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Russell Wilson's OL line the two years he appeared in the Superbowl:

2013: Paul McQuistain | James Carpenter | Max Unger | JR Sweezy | Breno Giacomini

2014: Russell Okung | James Carpenter | Max Unger | JR Sweezy | Justin Britt

I think if there's anyone who knows how to win without an offensive line, it's Russell Wilson. The fact he's just now saying something about wanting to be protected more after dealing with garbage at the OL for nearly a decade is actually remarkable. Mahomes didn't last one game without an OL. Wilson's gone his entire career without one.

Okung and unger were better than any player mahomes had. 

The Wilsons of the world watch QBs like Mayfield and Carr look like dons because they have a good pocket and a powerful run game. Wilson must be thinking he'd put up stupid stats if he had Cleveland's OL. I wouldn't blame star QBs using their clout to engineer a better OL situation, at least

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The Wilsons of the world watch QBs like Mayfield and Carr look like dons because they have a good pocket and a powerful run game. Wilson must be thinking he'd put up stupid stats if he had Cleveland's OL. I wouldn't blame star QBs using their clout to engineer a better OL situation, at least

One thing they could also do is leave money on the table for others instead of resetting the QB market every time. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We saw last year what Baker looks like behind an atrocious OL.

Really shows how night and day a QB can look when their protection is legit

18 hours ago, showtime said:

So did all these QB's get together during the off-season and plan some type of huge uprising? I don't get this. Wilson never does stuff like this in public. He has a right to be ticked off that the offensive line has sucked for so long, but do it in private. It's not normally like him to say anything negative at all.

Trade him for Watson.

Does what? Speak on a Dan Patrick? Use the media as leverage? 

It’a time the Seahawks spend their money on offensive talent. They’ve sunk way to much money into off ball linebackers, something like 30 million last year. I’m even open to them trading Adam’s and recouping picks or pick. 

Build the offensive line and let the young defensive talent play. Hopefully Waldron can get more out of the the tight ends and slot receiver. 

2 hours ago, Chargers said:

Does what? Speak on a Dan Patrick? Use the media as leverage? 

Pretty much. Russell Wilson has been pretty soft-spoken about things wrong with the team, or his perception of ways to improve. For him to pretty much call out the OL and say he needs to be more involved in these decisions is rare for him.

1 hour ago, SHONUFF said:

It’a time the Seahawks spend their money on offensive talent. They’ve sunk way to much money into off ball linebackers, something like 30 million last year. I’m even open to them trading Adam’s and recouping picks or pick. 

Build the offensive line and let the young defensive talent play. Hopefully Waldron can get more out of the the tight ends and slot receiver. 

huh...

KJ Wright, Bruce Irvin, Cody Barton, account for like 15.5 million. KJ and Irvin are both off the books anyway. 

I mean even if you cheeky count Adams and Brooks as "off ball LB" you'd still only be at 21 million and change.