Russell Wilson reportedly unhappy with Seahawks

DigInBoys

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's more like "I haven't demanded a trade or even thought about it, but if the team were to trade me, I would want to go to these places:"

But why put it out there if you were content being in Seattle. This guy is being way to passive aggressive. Just say you want out if one of these teams comes calling I am waiving my no trade clause. Its on you (seattle brass) to hear my ideas or accept an offer from one of these teams so I can demand what I want from them once I am on that team. 

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

But why put it out there if you were content being in Seattle. This guy is being way to passive aggressive. Just say you want out if one of these teams comes calling I am waiving my no trade clause. Its on you (seattle brass) to hear my ideas or accept an offer from one of these teams so I can demand what I want from them once I am on that team. 

I mean I'm assuming he heard the (fake) news that Seattle was listening to trade offers for him? Idk.

Or maybe he really did do this, who knows.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean I'm assuming he heard the (fake) news that Seattle was listening to trade offers for him? Idk.

well according to his agent thats what he said. Hes the one that stirred this all up in the first place by publicly speaking about his concerns and issues with the team and how he has been sacked more times then any other qb in the past 9 years. By speaking negative of your franchise of course the vultures are going to start circling in hopes of landing him. 

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Based on the Athletic story today it seems pretty ironclad that a deal for the #1 overall pick was discussed with the Browns. 

I don't see a realistic scenario where Seattle trades Wilson away this offseason.  Next offseason, sure.  But not this one.

Why?  Simple - Seattle traded away their 2022 1st round pick to NYJ.  Any trade involving Wilson is making the Seattle 2021 team worse, and improving the NYJ pick.  Seattle is more likely to go all-in for 2021, and then look to rebuild in 2022 if it doesn't work out, than trade away Wilson.

For those who point to a Dak sign-and-trade, Dak has to agree to signing the tag.  Signing the tag without an extension removes his leverage.  Don't see that happening.

I think it's far more likely Seattle listens to the issues raised, and invests in OL, and develops a more pass-friendly scheme (that's more than sending DK Metcalf deep and Lockett to freelance / be the safety valve, for which D's can adjust to very easily).  

• Like 1

this Russ wanting to leave thing is getting worse as FA goes on lol

idk why everyone is always so hesitant to just hear offers

hell just give me your best offer

if its good enough for me to consider , screw your no trade clause, i'd come up to Russ and be like "hey this is on the table and we'd be content with that, if you want to leave this is whats available, if not , see u in camp"

ppl get butt hurt way too easy these days

51 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

this Russ wanting to leave thing is getting worse as FA goes on lol

idk why everyone is always so hesitant to just hear offers

hell just give me your best offer

if its good enough for me to consider , screw your no trade clause, i'd come up to Russ and be like "hey this is on the table and we'd be content with that, if you want to leave this is whats available, if not , see u in camp"

ppl get butt hurt way too easy these days

I think the problem with what you are saying is that both parties are already coming to the table in bad faith due to previous circumstances and issues. 

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think the problem with what you are saying is that both parties are already coming to the table in bad faith due to previous circumstances and issues. 

so what

that's extenuating circumstances that Russ started

DONT START NONE YOU WONT GET NONE

lol

im just messing

but still the reality is what it is

i get that you should be careful but its a business , if you hurt feelings these are big boys, no need to appease everyone, you have to do whats best for the team; and that means ALWAYS listening to offers

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i get that you should be careful but its a business , if you hurt feelings these are big boys, no need to appease everyone

As business man myself, I gotta say this is pretty false. You can't get ish done in any business unless people like you. In your own office and out. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

As business man myself, I gotta say this is pretty false. You can't get ish done in any business unless people like you. In your own office and out. 

Seconding this tbh. It's all cool and swell to be the bad guy. But you're only going to be able to be that guy once.

• Like 2