Free agent Browns-who to sign/let go

The draft is 10 weeks away and Browns management will be assessing who to sign, let go, and extend. My take is we will sign Parkey, Mitchell, Johnson, Joseph, and Goodson at reasonable 1-2 yr deals within thirty days.  The rest may be offered league minimum.  Also, several contracts will be restructured.  Who do we sign?

I really hope that we restructure Sheldon up front.

Ogunjobi can walk.

Goodson I'd keep on a 1-2 year very reasonable deal.

I'd love to restructure and keep OBJ, but I'm not sure if he'd be willing to do that.

I'd personally like to bring Mitchell back as our 3rd CB if the money is right. 

20 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

This may be a hot take but I wouldn’t bring back Higgins, I know he and Baker have good chemistry but this WR core has to get faster and I don’t like the idea of relying solely on OBJ to take the top off a defense. Browns desperately need a burner at WR

He’s a cheaper version of Jarvis. He doesn’t get anywhere near the same targets and outproduces him with Baker.

I’d keep him over any of the other WRs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

This may be a hot take but I wouldn’t bring back Higgins, I know he and Baker have good chemistry but this WR core has to get faster and I don’t like the idea of relying solely on OBJ to take the top off a defense. Browns desperately need a burner at WR

It’s not a hot take. It’s a bad take. You can acquire a fast WR and keep Higgins. He’s too important. 

• Like 1

I have some takes, but I wanted to get this obscure one out of the way.... I like Greg Joseph, but bring in some competition....there was this kid name Cole Tracy from the LSU national championship a few years ago. I dont know why this kid is not in the NFL....he transferred from Assumption College and played one season with LSU the year they won the national Championship....

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He’s a cheaper version of Jarvis. He doesn’t get anywhere near the same targets and outproduces him with Baker.

I’d keep him over any of the other WRs.

He isn’t nearly as good after the catch and doesn’t get anywhere near the amount of attention from a defense that Jarvis does.

I think hodge is a cheaper version of Higgins TBH

38 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s not a hot take. It’s a bad take. You can acquire a fast WR and keep Higgins. He’s too important. 

Sure but when the Browns line up in3 WR sets and two of those guys are Landry and Higgins, their lack of speed limits what a defense has to worry about

54 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

He isn’t nearly as good after the catch and doesn’t get anywhere near the amount of attention from a defense that Jarvis does.

Sure but when the Browns line up in3 WR sets and two of those guys are Landry and Higgins, their lack of speed limits what a defense has to worry about

Jarvis flaws got exposed against Kansas City. Higgins is the only WR who showed up.

Hodges shouldn’t be on an NFL roster. Baker makes him look better than what he is.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Jarvis flaws got exposed against Kansas City. Higgins is the only WR who showed up.

Hodges shouldn’t be on an NFL roster. Baker makes him look better than what he is.

I wouldn’t be against replacing Jarvis with a burner, my bigger point was that a passing game that heavily relies on taking shots of PA probably shouldn’t have two limited athletes at WR. 

My ideal WR core

OBJ

Jarvis OR Higgins 

Deep threat 

2 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

If you have Odell as the 3rd that’s enough. Not a lot of teams have 2-3 burners out there. Rotate guys around. 

With the reduction in the cap all contracts entered into in better times (except Garrett's and Hunt's) have to be reexamined.

And adjustments to the new economic reality must happen with reworks, resignings, new signings (FAs) and tags/designations.

The union, agents and players have to accept the new economic reality. Otherwise....

I would like to rework Richardson's and Landry's contracts, and maybe Tretter's, too.

I would like to see what we can get in trade for Beckham and Njoku and move them and their contracts if we can receive value in return.

Larry O can go as can Claiborne and probably Johnson.

I would pickup Mayfield's and Ward's 5th year options and wait and see how (and whether/to what extent in Ward's case) they perform in 2021 and where the cap trends before entering any longer term deals with them unless they are team-friendly in the sense that they reflect the new economic reality.

And I would resign Chubb on terms that reflect where things are vs. where they are with players like Henry and where they are trending.