Free agent Browns-who to sign/let go

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

He was one of the top rated OG in the league again this year. He’s a fringe HOF player. I’m not sure how you could say that in all honesty.

Bitonio isn’t a Fringe HOF. He is the @malibuspeedrace of the browns. Hall of very good but not good enough for the Hall of fame. 

for Bitonio to become a HoF player. Browns need to win 1 Super Bowl and try and land on at least 2 1st All pro teams. 

With that being said. One of our most dominating offensive line performances this year was vs the Steelers in the playoff game and Bitonio didn’t even play. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Bitonio isn’t a Fringe HOF. He is the @malibuspeedrace of the browns. Hall of very good but not good enough for the Hall of fame. 

for Bitonio to become a HoF player. Browns need to win 1 Super Bowl and try and land on at least 2 1st All pro teams. 

With that being said. One of our most dominating offensive line performances this year was vs the Steelers in the playoff game and Bitonio didn’t even play. 

Fringe:

Noun: The border or outside edges of a specific group

ADJ: Not part of the mainstream; unconventional, peripheral, or extreme

...so...yes...fringe. :) 

Aside from this, he has 3 2nd Team ALL PROs and 3 Pro Bowls after his 7 years in the league. He's on the outside looking in (hence the world fringe), but there's still a chance if things go a certain way.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

And just like that...You are dead to me Bruno

• Like 4

Yeah, I don't get the disrespect Bitonio has gotten lately. He was one of the best guards in the league this past year. I wouldn't be against drafting a high upside guard in the middle or later part of the draft to potentially eventually replace Bitonio, but there's zero need to get rid of him now.

Also don't see the need to get rid of Richardson. Either get him to restructure or let him ride out the final year of his contract. He's overpaid but is still above average, and with how bad our defense is, it'd be silly to get rid of him if we don't have a clearly better replacement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Fringe:

Noun: The border or outside edges of a specific group

ADJ: Not part of the mainstream; unconventional, peripheral, or extreme

...so...yes...fringe. :) 

Aside from this, he has 3 2nd Team ALL PROs and 3 Pro Bowls after his 7 years in the league. He's on the outside looking in (hence the world fringe), but there's still a chance if things go a certain way.

I think he will forever be a hall of very good. When I think of HoF guards and the guards that recently got in that we have seen play. Joel doesn’t hold a candle to Hutchinson or Faneca. I think Joel will be a tier below those guys. Sorry. Should stated that before. Only way I truly think he gets in is if the browns win the Super Bowl with him as a starter. That Super Bowl would build a few HoF resumes IMO

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Man, I'll be pretty disappointed if we cut Bitonio.

Dude's contract really isn't that big by comparison, and he's absolutely earning it.

IMO it's not even that outrageous:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/joel-bitonio-14444/#:~:text=Joel Bitonio signed a 6,average annual salary of %248%2C527%2C463.

$10 million a year for the next 2 seasons, in which case he will be an UFA at the age of 32?

I mean, JC Tretter's contract is comparable, and Bitonio is better than him.

Conklin and Tretter both make more...and I don't think we can afford to lose any of those 3.

I'd try to sign Teller to a moderate deal that gives him some guaranteed money with us cashing in bigtime if he continues to dominate but hasn't proven it long enough yet/hasn't stayed healthy long enough yet.

I just gotta say, I am uncharacteristically crazy, over-the-top, OPTIMISTIC about this offseason.

So many teams either don't have their QB or don't have any money to spend (or both).  We are as well-positioned as we're ever gonna be, and we've got a smart front office and coaching staff.  And oh yeah, we have a QB.

I'm ready.

tenor.gif

• Like 3

We spend a lot of salary on the offensive line. Too much really but I don't think we can lose any of our starters until we aren't asking them to carry us any longer.

I do think Bitonio is a little overrated by us and in general but he is still very good and we need to keep him. Tretter is probably a little underrated but his salary doesn't underrate him.

Where we are right now, our offense carrying the show, we have to keep those guys. Honestly they are more important than Garrett and Ward right now. Without Garrett and Ward the defense just goes from bad to worse but if our  O-line struggles the whole team goes from good to bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think he will forever be a hall of very good. When I think of HoF posters and the posters that recently got in that we have seen ishpost, @malibuspeedrace doesn’t hold a candle to @mtmmike. I think Malibu will be a tier below that guy. Sorry. Should have stated that before.

3 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

And just like that...You are dead to me Trayne

😯😮😳

Edited by NudeTayne
🥶😢😭