Free agent Browns-who to sign/let go

On 2/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, Thomas5737 said:

I think he is a little overrated by us and the league. I don't think he is a 2nd team all pro at his position even though he is good. A case could be made that he was our 4th best lineman.

I don't know how well all of the NFL guards played and whether Bitonio deserves the 2nd team or pro bowl nod but in general when people talk about the O-Line for Cleveland they make it seem like Bitonio is the class of the line when he really isn't, he is just on par with the other 4 guys who aren't rookies.

The Joel B. disrespect in here makes my Shake My Head, Out Loud. Joe B, has been at LEAST our 2nd best lineman since he's been drafted. He's been healthy and consistent for years....there are 3 OG's in the NFL that are better than him..and one of them is argument. You have Quentin Nelson from the Colts, Zach martin from the Cowboys and Brandan Sherrif (when healthy...and even then its debatable) from the WFT. Other than those 3, you'd be HARD pressed to find another better OG. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

The Joel B. disrespect in here makes my Shake My Head, Out Loud. Joe B, has been at LEAST our 2nd best lineman since he's been drafted. He's been healthy and consistent for years....there are 3 OG's in the NFL that are better than him..and one of them is argument. You have Quentin Nelson from the Colts, Zach martin from the Cowboys and Brandan Sherrif (when healthy...and even then its debatable) from the WFT. Other than those 3, you'd be HARD pressed to find another better OG. 

These same people shame OBJ. Just chalk it up for what it is. He was #1 G per PFF but hes overrated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

But Nick Har...

tenor.gif?itemid=9467929&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Do you have rocks for brains? I ask because I don't know how you shake your head out loud 😆

I won't argue that over his career that Bitonio has been one of the better guards in the league. I just don't see him at a level above like with Joe Thomas who was elite in the terms of man vs. position. Bitonio is very good but when he is very good he has good or very good players around him. With a backup level center or LT all of a sudden he looks lost or gets bulldozed at times, not sure why it happens but it seems to. I understand lines need to play as a single entity in a way I just think he is good/very good and is often talked about as being great.

I certainly have no interest in moving on from him or anything like that. We need to keep the line together they were the star of our season. Bitonio, Teller, Conklin and Tretter were all studs this year, I wouldn't put any of them ahead of or behind the others. Wills did well for a rookie and I'm hoping he becomes the biggest stud of the group.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

These same people shame OBJ. Just chalk it up for what it is. He was #1 G per PFF but hes overrated. 

Starting to sound like the Ravens fans in here. A critique isn't shaming. OBJ isn't great. Still very solid and a high end #2 unless he regains the form of his youth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Starting to sound like the Ravens fans in here. A critique isn't shaming. OBJ isn't great. Still very solid and a high end #2 unless he regains the form of his youth.

But seriously, should Lamar Jackson be on the hot seat after his not getting it done in the playoffs yet again?

I'm just a guy asking questions.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

But seriously, should Lamar Jackson be on the hot seat after his not getting it done in the playoffs yet again?

I'm just a guy asking questions.

Why does everyone hate on Lamar. He is the greatest player ever and everyone just says how he is complete dog poop all of the time.

8 hours ago, sonny44 said:

That's one game.  We play 16 or more.

Well 16 games were played with Bitonio and none of them looked as good as that playoff game blocking wise when he wasn’t playing...just saying...

Also LG is the easiest position to play on the Line. Is prolly one of the least important out of the 22 starting positions, if not the least one. 

8 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Being our 2nd best lineman since he’s been drafted isn’t anything special to put your hat on, especially prior to this season. I also would not put him Above Alex Mack.  Best lineman since the return have been Thomas  and Mack. Could make argument that Conklin is better, we just saw him make All-Pro 1st team, first lineman for the browns to make it that team since Joe Thomas. Hell Joel wasn’t even the best guard on the team this year

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Being our 2nd best lineman since he’s been drafted isn’t anything special to put your hat on, especially prior to this season. I also would not put him Above Alex Mack.  Best lineman since the return have been Thomas  and Mack. Could make argument that Conklin is better, we just saw him make All-Pro 1st team, first lineman for the browns to make it that team since Joe Thomas. Hell Joel wasn’t even the best guard on the team this year

Get 'em, bones!

22 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ok name the 33 wide receivers you like more than obj.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, buno67 said:

When your getting CONSISTENT All Pro selections and a 3x pro bowl selection, and your the 2nd best lineman to a SURE FIRE first ballot HOF'er (Mr. Thomas)....then yes...that IS something to hang your Hat on. And when Joe T left....Joe B was our best lineman since Joe T retired and possibly this year.

I would put him above Alex Mack, but its debatable either way......some of Alex Mack best years and All pro selection came when he was a member of the Falcons....and I dont care about those years....

I also disagree with you...yes Wyatt Teller was a HUGE improvement.....but 1, he came from nowhere, to become a beast, Joe B was draft at the top or round 2 and has stayed good since. ALSO Joe B hasnt missed a game due to injury in 4 seasons.....Wyatt Teller missed 5 this season.....so lets not get enthralled with our Shiny new toy vs. a dude that has been there play in and play out for the last 4 years holding it down....

Edited by DaWg_LB.