The Howie Roseman is Elite and I’ve Never Said Anything Different Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 10/25/2021 at 10:53 PM, ninjapirate said:

between nick already started to seem like things are over and leaders like cox already checked out.

This is looking like a toilet bowl disaster. We are approaching league laughing stock.

We're already there. Imagine reaching on a quarterback, then trading your franchise quarterback because he had one down year, taking on a 30M cap hit, all so you could start Jalen Hurts. That's gotta be one of the worst personnel moves any NFL organization has ever made. 

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

We're already there. Imagine reaching on a quarterback, then trading your franchise quarterback because he had one down year, taking on a 30M cap hit, all so you could start Jalen Hurts. That's gotta be one of the worst personnel moves any NFL organization has ever made. 

Jesus, reading all that makes me wanna cry. 

5 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Objectively speaking, I think Carson would've been better for whatever this offense is that we're running now. Given how much speed we have with Watkins, Reagor and Smith and combine that with Carson's arm strength and that could have been a great combo.

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I have no doubt Carson would have run this offense much better. However, it wouldn’t have solved the root of his issues of injury and just being a general ***** about being a professional athlete in a demanding city. 

His injury issue was definitely a major concern, I don't think anyone would doubt that. However - the bigger issue is the fact that our front office thought it was a good idea to reach on a quarterback in the second round. You don't draft someone in the second round to be a backup. Once Hurts was drafted Wentz time was over - he knew that, most of the media knew that, most of us knew that. Could he have handled it better? Sure. I'm sure that he thought of himself as the franchise quarterback here for the majority of his career and for us to essentially draft his replacement when he was only 27 years old. 

The biggest issue, once again, is Howie Roseman. He made these decisions, he put this team in this situation, he decided he was going to take on a 30M cap hit to trade away a franchise quarterback and move forward with Hurts as the starter, he had a say in who the coach was going to be - all of those decision have led to where this team is at now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

His injury issue was definitely a major concern, I don't think anyone would doubt that. However - the bigger issue is the fact that our front office thought it was a good idea to reach on a quarterback in the second round. You don't draft someone in the second round to be a backup. Once Hurts was drafted Wentz time was over - he knew that, most of the media knew that, most of us knew that. Could he have handled it better? Sure. I'm sure that he thought of himself as the franchise quarterback here for the majority of his career and for us to essentially draft his replacement when he was only 27 years old. 

The biggest issue, once again, is Howie Roseman. He made these decisions, he put this team in this situation, he decided he was going to take on a 30M cap hit to trade away a franchise quarterback and move forward with Hurts as the starter, he had a say in who the coach was going to be - all of those decision have led to where this team is at now. 

And he chose all that over trading up for Lamb.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I heard or read some interview when asked why he drafted Hurts, Howie responded that his current starter couldn’t finish out the year due to injuries 4 out of 5 years or something. Which I completely get. I don’t mind. Carson, however, did. That’s squarely on Wentz. Instead of manning up and taking it as a challenge to get better, he folded and blamed everyone else. I don’t need a guy like that around. You can definitely argue the point that Howie drafting him ultimately started the wheels to fall off and I’d agree. That old adage, if you have 2 QBs you have 0. Carson being too risky with his body and being soft mentally is the issue, imo. Howie’s got major fault in all of this though.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I heard or read some interview when asked why he drafted Hurts, Howie responded that his current starter couldn’t finish out the year due to injuries 4 out of 5 years or something. Which I completely get. I don’t mind. Carson, however, did. That’s squarely on Wentz. Instead of manning up and taking it as a challenge to get better, he folded and blamed everyone else. I don’t need a guy like that around. You can definitely argue the point that Howie drafting him ultimately started the wheels to fall off and I’d agree. That old adage, if you have 2 QBs you have 0. Carson being too risky with his body and being soft mentally is the issue, imo. Howie’s got major fault in all of this though.  

I think we’re agreeing on most things besides the mentally weak thing. They drafted his replacement when he was only 27 years old. When they drafted Hurts it was the end for Wentz and he knew that, and I think most of us knew that. Did we need a backup quarterback because of his shaky injury past? We sure did.

Did we need to spend a second round pick on said quarterback? Absolutely not. Howie could’ve went out and signed someone like Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor (just spitballing names here) and everything would’ve been fine. Instead they decided to spend a premium pick on a quarterback who was undoubtedly going to replace Wentz. 

The current state of this team is on Howie and nobody else. He made or contributed to every decision that has led us to this point. 

…and that is why Howie Roseman is still the absolute worst. 

10 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I think we’re agreeing on most things besides the mentally weak thing. They drafted his replacement when he was only 27 years old. When they drafted Hurts it was the end for Wentz and he knew that, and I think most of us knew that. Did we need a backup quarterback because of his shaky injury past? We sure did.

Did we need to spend a second round pick on said quarterback? Absolutely not. Howie could’ve went out and signed someone like Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor (just spitballing names here) and everything would’ve been fine. Instead they decided to spend a premium pick on a quarterback who was undoubtedly going to replace Wentz. 

The current state of this team is on Howie and nobody else. He made or contributed to every decision that has led us to this point. 

…and that is why Howie Roseman is still the absolute worst. 

I don’t disagree. Howie’s at fault for the current state of the Eagles. Still though, he’s made strong moves around his inadequacies. He turned around the Chip debacle and made a SB team out of it in no time. He looks to be on the road to recovery with how he’s set up the future thus far. Granted, he’s got work to do. A lot. But he’s got the assets in place, draft picks, plenty of cap, some young talent. Incompetent at times, yes. And in some major ways. But a buffoon he is not. We could be in MUCH worse conditions with other GMs.