The Howie Roseman is Elite and I’ve Never Said Anything Different Thread

EaglesPeteC

57 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We can go back and forth forever. You asked for his last good move. That was a good move imo. I think everyone was on board. Like drafting Reagor. I think everyone thought it was a “good move”. Slay was a “good move”. We needed a good CB and Slay was available. He went and got him. 

I wasn't on board sir. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Who cares? This team is gonna suck with or without Slay next year. By the time they are ready to not suck he’ll be too old to matter.

I getcha but we've tried how long to get something above bit starter for what, a decade?

We aren't gonna get anything for him, we traded a 3rd and 5th. Now he's a year older and played a bit up and down...so you aren't going to get that back.

I don't really remember how many post june moves you can make, but you'd need to do a post june 1st trade to max out the savings.
I guess if you're Howie you'd trade a late 4th for that, but doesn't seem very realistic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Slay made sense when you though this team might be good. They weren't, so it wasn't. I don't think trading Slay is out of the question this offseason. 

Not saying he usually does, but if the GM makes a “good move” and then it turns out it didn’t work out, then it’s on him completely? I don’t find the validity in that. A GM can only make good decisions with the information current. How is he supposed to see into the future. Signing Hargrave may have been a questionable decision. The reasoning was sound though. Same thing with drafting Reagor, same with resigning Wentz. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My Howie vitriol is in rare form tonight....

Fire Howie 

Bright side of this taking forever is the daily dunk fests on Howie. 

When he messes it up maybe it finally turns on the heat at least with Lurie. Not gonna get my hopes up though.