The Howie Roseman is Elite and I’ve Never Said Anything Different Thread

EaglesPeteC

11 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

What's the last good roster move that Howie made? Our two big FA moves the past two years have been disasters. 

Come on man he may be bad at FA but on the bright side he is also bad at the draft AND the players hate him. He’s a triple threat!

Fire Howie.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

What's the last good roster move that Howie made? Our two big FA moves the past two years have been disasters. 

Had Carson not tanked it, getting in front of all the other QBs for his deal would've been one.
But it's been 3 years of pretty abysmal moves top to bottom. On top of the years before that in the draft.

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

You asked for the last good move. Can’t even imagine how bad the defense would have been without him. Picking up Slay was a good move. 

It's not a good move. Didn't he grade out as one of the worst CBs last year? He's making CB1 money, playing like a CB3. 

6 hours ago, Scalamania said:

It's not a good move. Didn't he grade out as one of the worst CBs last year? He's making CB1 money, playing like a CB3. 

That’s harsh. He had a couple bad games. The rest he basically shut down his receiver. It was a good move. 

37 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

That’s harsh. He had a couple bad games. The rest he basically shut down his receiver. It was a good move. 

He's the 4th highest paid CB in the NFL and he was just average this year - I remember seeing he graded out in the 60s out of 100 CBs graded or something? That doesn't seem like a great move. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

He's the 4th highest paid CB in the NFL and he was just average this year - I remember seeing he graded out in the 60s out of 100 CBs graded or something? That doesn't seem like a great move. 

I saw plenty of grading that had Slay as a top 10 CB this year. It wasn’t his best year but he did play pretty well for the most part. A bit overpaid but a very good player who could easily be better with a defensive scheme that gives him any kind of help. 

I get the Howie hate for sure, but it’s not like EVERY move was bad. The worst thing Howie has done is been awful in the draft. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I saw plenty of grading that had Slay as a top 10 CB this year. It wasn’t his best year but he did play pretty well for the most part. A bit overpaid but a very good player who could easily be better with a defensive scheme that gives him any kind of help. 

I get the Howie hate for sure, but it’s not like EVERY move was bad. The worst thing Howie has done is been awful in the draft. 

Pro Football Focus had Slay graded 59th out of 136 corners and a 115.6 passer rating allowed when targeted. Slay memorably got his lunch eaten by D.K. Metcalf and Davante Adams in back-to-back weeks. In fairness, he was less than 100% and those are some really, really good wide receivers. But expectations were rightfully high with the Eagles giving up two picks in the 2020 NFL Draft AND making Slay the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL at the time of his acquisition.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/2/1/22259928/eagles-darius-slay-trade-rumors-roster-outlook-cornerback-philadelphia-nfl-avonte-maddox-free-agency

I'm pretty sure this is what I read but I thought I saw him graded lower. 

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

We can go back and forth forever. You asked for his last good move. That was a good move imo. I think everyone was on board. Like drafting Reagor. I think everyone thought it was a “good move”. Slay was a “good move”. We needed a good CB and Slay was available. He went and got him.