The Howie Roseman is Elite and I’ve Never Said Anything Different Thread

EaglesPeteC

Riddicks got an axe to grind. Howie is still really good with those contracts. There’s no argument there. He was in a bad spot a couple years ago trying to keep together a SB roster where he should have moved on from most guys and then fell more into a hole trying to patchwork the guys that didn’t work out. To play in and beat (Brady and Belichik) in a SB with some really big positions hurt was a masterstroke. Sorry. I’m all about giving Howie crap but I’m not taking everything from him. Every. Single. One. Of. Us. Praised Howie for those few years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Riddicks got an axe to grind. Howie is still really good with those contracts. There’s no argument there. He was in a bad spot a couple years ago trying to keep together a SB roster where he should have moved on from most guys and then fell more into a hole trying to patchwork the guys that didn’t work out. To play in and beat (Brady and Belichik) in a SB with some really big positions hurt was a masterstroke. Sorry. I’m all about giving Howie crap but I’m not taking everything from him. Every. Single. One. Of. Us. Praised Howie for those few years. 

howie has been terrible with contracts which is why we are in this mess cap wise. Howie literally has done nothing well for like 3 years straight.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

howie has been terrible with contracts which is why we are in this mess cap wise. Howie literally has done nothing well for like 3 years straight.

He restructured Alshon. That was a huge miss. I don’t see any other real egregious contract mistakes. D-Jax ended up bad but a two year experiment for that kind of playmaker wasn’t bad IMO. A lot of hindsight problems for sure. But at the time, most of his contract moves have had mass appeal. Again, trying to keep a SB roster together is tough. Im not faulting him for trying to keep it together. He should have better intuition about these things sure. But the guy being a “wizard” and “3-D chess” among other things uttered around here is more our problem than his. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He restructured Alshon. That was a huge miss. I don’t see any other real egregious contract mistakes. D-Jax ended up bad but a two year experiment for that kind of playmaker wasn’t bad IMO. A lot of hindsight problems for sure. But at the time, most of his contract moves have had mass appeal. Again, trying to keep a SB roster together is tough. Im not faulting him for trying to keep it together. He should have better intuition about these things sure. But the guy being a “wizard” and “3-D chess” among other things uttered around here is more our problem than his. 

He kept pushing money out to try and win now only to over estimate his roster and just lead to a disaster that will take a  few years to crawl out of yet he will lead that crawl.

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Fire Howie 

14 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He kept pushing money out to try and win now only to over estimate his roster and just lead to a disaster that will take a  few years to crawl out of yet he will lead that crawl.

Bro, you can’t just ignore SB. A lot of people would have said, screw the next few years. Give me the SB. I’m not defending Howie. But the same people saying “Howie da God” are saying fire Howie. Let’s just realize the whole hypocrisy of the matter. That’s all I’m saying. I know things and information changes but the guy deserves a rebuild. I don’t like him. I have little confidence but he earned an attempt at a rebuild. He may be off to a pretty bad start but he’s going to be here to see the next year or two through. He’s earned it. His leash is gone though I’ll admit. You don’t reach the pinnacle of your profession and get thrown out on your rear the next cycle. You’ve built clout. You earn some bad moves to mulligan. This is a make or break year. I think him and Jeff know it. 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Bro, you can’t just ignore SB. A lot of people would have said, screw the next few years. Give me the SB. I’m not defending Howie. But the same people saying “Howie da God” are saying fire Howie. Let’s just realize the whole hypocrisy of the matter. That’s all I’m saying. I know things and information changes but the guy deserves a rebuild. I don’t like him. I have little confidence but he earned an attempt at a rebuild. He may be off to a pretty bad start but he’s going to be here to see the next year or two through. He’s earned it. His leash is gone though I’ll admit. You don’t reach the pinnacle of your profession and get thrown out on your rear the next cycle. You’ve built clout. You earn some bad moves to mulligan. This is a make or break year. I think him and Jeff know it. 

I don't think this is a make or break year. I don't think anyone expects the team to be good next year. 

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I don't think this is a make or break year. I don't think anyone expects the team to be good next year. 

Sure. But I think he better nail the roster moves.  In particular, the Wentz situation. He needs to have a good GM year for a rebuilding team. Move the trade assets for optimal returns, draft well, shake loose of older expensive guys, position the team in good cap health. That’s all you can ask for.